Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
  • #1,926
dlgoff said:
For the curious:

Well, that was a little better at least. Got a hint of it. Human creativity never ceases to amaze me. Who would have thought of a flying wristcamera? Unfortunately, I'd be sure to be the one that falls off the rockclimbing cliff trying to release that thing from my wrist :eek:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,927
dlgoff said:
Who wouldn't want one of these?

nixie-selfie-drone.jpg

There were better contestants in the competition IMHO. Microdrone is quite trivial - nothing really new.

• #1,928
Borek said:
There were better contestants in the competition IMHO. Microdrone is quite trivial - nothing really new.
Okay, I'll bite. What do you think is better?

• #1,929
dlgoff said:
What do you think is better?

I haven't seen all contestants, but I know a thing or two about the Polish entry (Snowcookie) - and I believe it is much more innovative.

I can buy drones and copters of almost any size, with cameras and without, in a shop near by. Making one of them fit in a pocket (or on a wrist) is rather obvious. Snowcookie (kind of a personal ski trainer, checking your skiing style and suggesting how to improve it to make it safer) is IMHO something completely new. (I am not saying it is best of all participants, I just find it more innovative than the drone).

• #1,930
Borek said:
Snowcookie (kind of a personal ski trainer, checking your skiing style and suggesting how to improve it to make it safer) is IMHO something completely new.
I hadn't watched any of them until Borg pointed the contest out. :oops: I must admit, it is definitely doing a complicated application in a small package and is much more beneficial. I'm going to see if my daughter could put something like this to work at her Taekwon-Do school.

• #1,931
I just passed my 2112 post today. I suppose I should listen to some Rush later, before the evening is over.

• #1,932
collinsmark said:
I just passed my 2112 post today. I suppose I should listen to some Rush later, before the evening is over.

You should have listened to it when you hit 2112, it's too late now, you're at 2114. Do they have an album entitled 2114? No.

• #1,933
Enough of Kim Kardashian already. ?:) I want to be able to read the news/headlines without some inane article about this personality disorder.

Less Taylor Swift would be nice too.

• #1,934
DiracPool said:
You should have listened to it when you hit 2112, it's too late now, you're at 2114. Do they have an album entitled 2114? No.
Rush! So I skipped a couple songs ahead [Edit: Well, actually I listened to the whole the whole thing, and then a bit more, eventually reaching the point a few songs ahead]. It all works out. I think.

Danger can verify/agree/confirm/conform/deny/vilify/admonish whether I did the right thing. I trust his judgement on this matter. And Danger, well, let's just say he is one I can trust on this. Wise words, this one.

(btw, Rush is a Canadian band, if that matters, or even makes a difference.)

Last edited:
  • #1,935
collinsmark said:
Rush! So I skipped a couple songs ahead

Ok, I'll grant you some leeway this time, but that's only because I'm the analog kid..

• #1,936
Astronuc said:
Enough of Kim Kardashian already. ?:) I want to be able to read the news/headlines without some inane article about this personality disorder.

Less Taylor Swift would be nice too.
At least you can take something for the second one. :)

Likes edward and RonL
  • #1,937
Likes edward
  • #1,938
I have always felt confused about statements on how so-and-so founded a university.

I mean, who can lose a whole university to start with, aren't most of them pretty large ? And,

weren't there other people nearby that could see it. If these other people are there, how come

they cannot find it ?

• #1,939
So we just had Veterans' Day.
http://news.yahoo.com/katie-couric-...tz-military-veterans-sacrifice-215322641.html
Dr. Bill Krissoff, an orthopedic surgeon whose son Nate was killed in Iraq in 2006. Krissoff, who was 60, wanted to honor his son by joining the military. After learning he was to old to enlist, he made his case face to face with President George W. Bush. An age waiver was granted, and Krissoff went on to serve in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He is credited with saving dozens of lives while performing more than 200 trauma surgeries.

• #1,940
Yesterday, I heard someone had discovered a stupidity virus.
Today, I heard that there is a town called Idiotville.
Coincidence, or cosmic message?

• #1,941
In Florida, spring fever happens in the fall. Weird huh?

• #1,942
I think I am suffering from a strange sadness. :(

• #1,943
I do too, after elections in Poland.

• #1,944
Just some random test.

• #1,946
This will cheer you up:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/onement-vi-barnett-newman-painting-auction_n_3276987.html

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,948
Medicol said:
I think I am suffering from a strange sadness. :(
If you will loan to me your stethoscope, I'll listen for a problem:nb):eek:o_O, but for now a kind wish for wellness is the best I can do :) :D
edit: Sorry, I had not looked back at what prompted the comment:oops:

Last edited:
  • #1,949
dkotschessaa said:
hmmm... Really... hmmmm...

Did you know that

nov.is.natl.hate.florida.month.jpg

I revised this image, just for you, and the witch of a person, who is, for some unknown reason, still my ""friend"" on Facebook, after posting, for the last 7 days, every day, all the reasons Floridians use salt, versus, um, **** ***!

ps. I've been chopping firewood in my kitchen for the last few days.
pps. She lives in your town.
ppps. Did I mention, **** ***!

• #1,950
dkotschessaa said:
Hmm...I thought it was all year:)

• #1,951
Every once in a while, my internet will get reallllly slow for every website that I visit. But, if I connect to a website to do a speed test, the test always shows that I'm getting exactly the upload and download speeds for my internet plan. Hmmm, I wonder how that happens... :rolleyes:

• #1,952
Poor sad cat. oo)

tumblr_nf99uw9pso1qewacoo1_500.png

Likes Enigman
  • #1,953
This cat is crraazzzy.

• #1,954
My vacuum cleaner didn't suck, which sucked.

I investigated and found a hose was compacted with dust. Not sure how that happens. Maybe it builds up on the walls of the hose, and then suddenly comes off, clogging it up?

• #1,955
zoobyshoe said:
My vacuum cleaner didn't suck, which sucked.

I investigated and found a hose was compacted with dust. Not sure how that happens. Maybe it builds up on the walls of the hose, and then suddenly comes off, clogging it up?
Good finding.

• #1,956
Medicol said:
Good finding.
Yeah, I hooked the clog out with a coat hanger. Now the vacuum cleaner sucks.

Likes Medicol
  • #1,957
zoobyshoe said:

Happened to my vacuum cleaner in the past. If memory serves me well my clog built around something stiff - toothpick, or some kind of plastic element.

• #1,958
I try not to post too many of these but this was just too good. :)

tumblr_nf9leu7FV21qewacoo1_500.jpg

Likes lisab
  • #1,959
Makes me think of

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/000000/10000/8000/200/18295/18295.strip.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes OmCheeto
  • #1,960
Borg said:
I try not to post too many of these but this was just too good. :)
For years I had no idea whatever that Buffalo Wings were called that because the recipe originated in Buffalo, N.Y. I thought it was because they tasted like Buffalo meat.

Likes collinsmark and RonL