Random Thoughts 7

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • #1,016
WWGD said:
By what account is Covid still a major issue?
Still comes up in news reports. Summer surge we've been informed; and revised vaccines now being issued. Enough to convince me. I do not currently know the general data on hospitalizations and deaths.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,017
WWGD said:
Wow, pickpocketing, tourist theft still a major issue. Some have taken it onto themselves to fight them, take them on in several YT channels.

While I don't wish to undermine any real threats (pickpocketing and tourist theft do in fact occur, unfortunately), some YouTube videos of such things are staged. Maybe (certainly) not all, but some.

(Why would anybody stage a theft and post it to YouTube? I don't know. Pick a reason. It's a lot easier to stage an altercation than stumble upon a real one, I suppose.)

I guess my point is that when watching such videos, keep a skeptical eye open.

Likes BillTre and WWGD
  • #1,018
collinsmark said:
While I don't wish to undermine any real threats (pickpocketing and tourist theft do in fact occur, unfortunately), some YouTube videos of such things are staged. Maybe (certainly) not all, but some.

(Why would anybody stage a theft and post it to YouTube? I don't know. Pick a reason. It's a lot easier to stage an altercation than stumble upon a real one, I suppose.)

I guess my point is that when watching such videos, keep a skeptical eye open.
Valid point, but these didn't seem staged, as, among other things, local authorities were involved, and I verified they were the real ones.

Likes collinsmark
  • #1,019
I went to a performance with my wife on Friday of an ABBA tribute band. Now I know what Matt Damon's character felt like. Thankfully the performance ended after two hours.