Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
Physics news on Phys.org
Silicon Waffle said:
You are not from the States ? :D
Nope. I'm not from The Great Nation of The 50 Stars. Which by the way reminds me that my friend just left for the US Navy. I wonder how will he come back. Stronger, bigger, more disciplined? Last time we ran together he tired out at what I would consider not good enough yet, but he was too stubborn to show it to me and pretended like he could still keep up with me. How can 8 years in the military transform a person I wonder. Hmmmmmmm. How I imagine he will come back: :cool: And of course, with better physical condition than me. Then it will be me the one who won't be able to keep up with him. :D

Silicon Waffle said:
You are not from the States ? :D
Don't seek the differences, there are many Psinter's :D . Enjoy the same Psinter who is willing to talk to you. That's the point. :D

Likes Lizabella
Borg said:
1000. :w It only took 5 1/2 years. :oldtongue:
And now you'll spend the next 5 1/2 admiring it?

Likes Lizabella
Psinter said:
Well there is another expression which I never quite understood and that is: "You are pretty good for an idiot if I do say so myself." I don't know if it's a compliment or a soft insult. :confused:
Exactly as Evo says, it is an insult.
Similar cases can be observed as one states that the other is marrying his ex-wife who he might consider as a dumped trade. I have used a product for really loooooooonnnngggggggg but it never gets updated or polished; I don't want to dump it into the trash-bin because I also have a heart for "homeless" products :D. But if I "give" it to a "friend" without informing him carefully about the product's state then I actually insult that friend of mine. Don't you find it strange why the product never polished or gets polished itself after MANY years of use in MY own home ? I definitely can upgrade it myself but that I ask my friend to do that is something we need to think twice.
http://www.instructables.com/id/10-Smartphone-to-digital-microscope-conversion/
Now this is super awesome! I don't know if it works, but I want to build it like right now. (Funny, he says $10 USD, but at my country those materials costs about $30 USD)
Cool! Exactly, it is a three fold in the US :approve: (to reach the mean value)

Likes Lizabella and Silicon Waffle
Bystander said:
And now you'll spend the next 5 1/2 admiring it?
I think that if I'm really ambitious, I can reach 2000 by 2020. :biggrin:

Likes Silicon Waffle
It is not easy :(

Likes Silicon Waffle
drizzle said:
It is not easy :(
That's for sure. I've probably deleted two posts for every post that I've made.

The four quadrants of my brain are playing tug o' war.
I need caffeine.

Enigman said:
The four quadrants of my brain are playing tug o' war.
I need caffeine.
Caffeine will make each quadrant pull harder.

There is more work involved in trying to comprehend the posts in Calculus homework when not written in TeX than actually working with the problem itself :<

zoobyshoe said:
It's a misquote of Moe from the Three Stooges. According to this site, the actual line is: "You're pretty smart for an imbecile!"

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/TheThreeStooges

It reminded me of Orodruin's signature:

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. -- Groucho Marx​

Which, in my mind, implies self deprecating humour.

A child of five..

Is this is even...possible? :D

nuuskur said:
A child of five..

Is this is even...possible? :D

7.of.9.jpg

lisab said:
Caffeine will make each quadrant pull harder.
...until the binding rope breaks setting each free.

*un-follows all staff members*

*un-follows all the PF rules*

Anarchy!

nuuskur said:
Anarchy...

...in the UK!

anarchy-in-the-uk.jpg

Likes lisab and nuuskur
Borg said:
1000. :w It only took 5 1/2 years. :oldtongue:
For a while there, I thought you said you had made 1000 crunches until others replied to you. Silly me. :rolleyes:

In middle school:

Friends: You are in love? We are so happy for you. Wait until we tell the whole school, the whole internet, the FBI, the Russian military, and whoever else we find on our way. Even thought you explicitly told us it was a secret.

And in a week or so even the European Union knows you are in love. :confused: :rolleyes:

Rumors spread even faster :D

Likes Psinter
Psinter said:
For a while there, I thought you said you had made 1000 crunches until others replied to you. Silly me. :rolleyes:
The closest that I've been to that is once when I was watching a strong man contest on TV. I got motivated to do 300 pushups (sets of 25). It didn't take years. :oldtongue:

Likes Psinter
Bought account upgrade for a year, can I play in the same sandbox with yous now? :D

Weird new trend for TV programming around here : TV shows starting at unusual times and with unusual duration. Example: George Lopez' show sometimes starts at 2:13 a.m and ends at 2:51 a.m. Other shows will start at, e.g., 1:07 a.m until 1:45 a.m. Must be just more commercials I guess.

nuuskur said:
... can I play in the same sandbox with yous now?
Sure. But be aware of Evo.

Does @jim hardy get a notification each time dlgoff posts, with the tag in his signature?

JorisL said:
Does @jim hardy get a notification each time dlgoff posts, with the tag in his signature?

@JorisL nope, but your post gave me an alert...

Likes Lisa! and drizzle
WWGD said:
Weird new trend for TV programming around here : TV shows starting at unusual times and with unusual duration. Example: George Lopez' show sometimes starts at 2:13 a.m and ends at 2:51 a.m. Other shows will start at, e.g., 1:07 a.m until 1:45 a.m. Must be just more commercials I guess.
There's been some of that going on here, too. I don't like it. You can miss the start of the next thing you want to watch.

jim hardy said:
@JorisL nope, but your post gave me an alert...
:oldlaugh::oldlaugh::oldlaugh:

Likes drizzle
JorisL said:
BTW Thanks for reminding me that I need to add Jim's quote to my special/meaningful list.

DrChinese;3374655 said:
The context of a measurement involves multiple points in spacetime which are apparently linked without the constraint of the arrow of time, ...

DrChinese;3374655 said:
We live in an observer dependent universe.

Owner Greg Bernhardt started Physics Forums as a high school extra credit project for a physics class in 2001.

Ivan Seeking said:
I explained that the known laws of physics rule out such devices ...

http://www.orientalsportscenterdenver.com/

edit: and this one which is really important to me:
The Physics Forums Way

Last edited:
6AM still killing Riemann tensors, dammit I shouldn't have forgotten this deadline :-(

Likes nuuskur and dlgoff
Wonder what would happen if a poorly-trained robot read the sign in the Runner's store: " never stop running".
Seems like a good Turing test to tell appart people from machines.

WWGD said:
Wonder what would happen if a poorly-trained robot read the sign in the Runner's store: " never stop running".
Seems like a good Turing test to tell appart people from machines.
Yeah, no. There are people with various neurological and psychiatric disorders who would take that sign literally.

zoobyshoe said:
Yeah, no. There are people with various neurological and psychiatric disorders who would take that sign literally.

I guess that is why the have the joke: my mom has been running 2 miles every day. We have no idea where she is.