Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
wukunlin said:
Took me almost a year to find a job and it look less than a week to make me feel like finding another one.
It's not like the job is bad or anything but I just don't feel for it :(

I guess the good thing is at least I have decent income while I can do some soul searching
It happens all the time to me too. I hate job changes, because it's always a lot like I have to take the whole college's first year again after I almost finish the last one, which is very frustrating.
I accept to do the job to save some $ for rainy days, even if I already know well it's not the right one for me.

Physics news on Phys.org
"Business" science, is there anything more despicable?

audire said:
"Business" science, is there anything more despicable?
Why despicable ? Where did you get the source that said or implied so about business science ?

Personal experience, or in salesman lingo "corporate shenanigans".

Sorry for the crass sarcasm.. it's early and I have two back to back job interviews.

Likes Silicon Waffle
thankz said:
looks like they beat me to it

out of aesthetics how would this improve sound quality?

source: coming from an audiophile

Likes Silicon Waffle
Just wrote half an essay in the 'existential crisis' thread only to discover it was closed before I could post :(

Enclose said:
Just wrote half an essay in the 'existential crisis' thread only to discover it was closed before I could post :(
Yes, PF owners don't allow it here, it takes time and mind to argue again and again for and against an idea.. You may want to head into facebook groups for similar discussions. :oldbiggrin:

Silicon Waffle said:
Yes, PF owners don't allow it here, it takes time and mind to argue again and again for and against an idea.. You may want to head into facebook groups for similar discussions. :oldbiggrin:

I can imagine people get sick of the topic yes, since it never leads to a conclusion anyway. Also I've never had a facebook account, but I don't think I'm missing much without it :D

Likes Silicon Waffle
wukunlin said:
Took me almost a year to find a job and it look less than a week to make me feel like finding another one.
It's not like the job is bad or anything but I just don't feel for it :(

I guess the good thing is at least I have decent income while I can do some soul searching
What's the job?

Working is a strange situation. People pay you to do what they need done the way they want it done. Regardless, people still hope for a job doing what they want to do the way they want to do it.

White glue. You can buy a gallon(128oz) of it for about $20. Dollar Tree has a deal now, 2 four oz bottles for a dollar. So, eight ounces for a dollar. Take the $20 you would have spent on a gallon(128oz) and you can get 160 oz at Dollar Tree.

But then there's this issue of container waste: you can never get all the glue out of a glue bottle. A whole bunch of smaller containers has more interior surface area than one large container, creating more container waste. Still, you have 32 whole extra ounces to work with. Hmm.

Likes Silicon Waffle
thankz said:
looks like they beat me to it
out of aesthetics how would this improve sound quality?

source: coming from an audiophileI wouldn't buy it for it's sound but its much cooler than having say Newtons cradle on your desk.

zoobyshoe said:
What's the job?

Working is a strange situation. People pay you to do what they need done the way they want it done. Regardless, people still hope for a job doing what they want to do the way they want to do it.
It's a mixture of QA, QC, and sales of luminaires. I'm starting to suspect that I am still not over the cultural shock from working overseas.

3D printing just went up a notch!

Likes Silicon Waffle
wukunlin said:
It's a mixture of QA, QC, and sales of luminaires.
I have no idea what any of this means. What are QA's, QC's, and "luminaires?"

zoobyshoe said:
I have no idea what any of this means. What are QA's, QC's, and "luminaires?"
I guess they are about electrical light product quality testing and assurance.
His company might not separate QA and QC so he has to do both as a tester (QC) and quality checker (QA), and at the same time he is a salesman of his company products: "luminaires".

Last edited:
say, what..?

Can we just ignore it as if we knew nothing ? :approve: :oldbiggrin:
[edit]"it"

Last edited:
Silicon Waffle said:
Can we just ignore as if we knew nothing ? :approve: :oldbiggrin:
Yes we can! Rantantantan!

But true, I miss PF a lot once in every 2-3 days.

There's a forum which no longer exists which I miss. There was this funny guy who kept getting banned and kept coming back :DD. Time after time he got banned, and then was allowed to come back because everybody liked him. At one point the mods got tired and left the Banned label on even thought he wasn't. Some people are just too emphatic and sympathetic and you get attached to them.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Starting a new job today! server/waiter for a carbbean cuisine (semi-upscale midtown dining) that was transported to atlanta from NYC. I think it's a good thing most jobs value people from STEM related jobs but being a "people person" helps as well

Likes Silicon Waffle
I'm watching a film produced by a company called Timeless Films, whose logo is... a clock. Shouldn't it be the absence of a clock?

Ibix said:
I'm watching a film produced by a company called Timeless Films, whose logo is... a clock. Shouldn't it be the absence of a clock?
Maybe the hourglass logo was already taken.

audire said:
Maybe the hourglass logo was already taken.
An empty hourglass would make sense.

does the clock have hands on it?

The animated version even has the hands sweeping around.

...although on closer examination, I see that they stop at about 6.30 o'clock (big hand pointing upwards, little hand somewhere between 6 and 7), so maybe that's the point.

Ibix said:
Yes, it should.

Glad we're agreed. I'll draft an email letting them know.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Ibix said:

then if i were them, i would keep silent. you deserve it :frown:

Random thoughts eh?, I didn't find this until now, but I'll give it a go.
;
;
What if my random thoughts are not in fact random, but predictable, given that I have sufficient data and I know how to do the math?

Last edited:
Ibix said:
Very good. And I'm going to require a two page essay from them explaining the meaning and use of the suffix '-less.' They clearly need a refresher.

Silicon Waffle said:
I guess they are about electrical light product quality testing and assurance.
His company might not separate QA and QC so he has to do both as a tester (QC) and quality checker (QA), and at the same time he is a salesman of his company products: "luminaires".
You're spot on.

For those that are unfamiliar with the term, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminaire

wukunlin said:
You're spot on.

For those that are unfamiliar with the term, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminaire
Nice to read about every day things, which you are used to. It seems that even these things are not so simple

What I've learned with my limited experience at work:
even the simplest things can be made infinitely complex by bizarre customer requests and apathetic suppliers.

Likes Evo