Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
Physics news on Phys.org
I finished watching the Soyuz reentry vehicle live feed a couple of hours ago.
I'd never seen it before.
I decided, after about an hour, that it was very much like having a baby.
First, the ship/mother shows up.
Then a bunch of people start setting things up, while a bunch more people just stand around, waiting.
There were at least two people with video cameras. I'm guessing they were uncles.
Then, after what seems like forever, a human pops out.
In this case, it was triplets.
Then they carry away the helpless astronauts from the mother ship, put them in recliner chairs, and wrap them in blankets.
Then, for 20 minutes, everyone around them comments on how cute their smiles are.
Then, about an hour after the whole thing started, everyone goes home.

Likes DennisN, lisab and Borek
Silicon Waffle said:
I eat one big bar of Snickers every night. It's crammed with peanuts, nougat and coated with milk chocolate. Sweet and fantastic in every bite.
sounds delicious...or better yet, I'll go get one myself :P

nuuskur said:
sounds delicious...or better yet, I'll go get one myself :P
I want one too) Sounds very tasty

I accidentally "barred" some "h"s in my literature essay, got comments like "Why do you keep writing it this way?".

Likes nitsuj, collinsmark, lisab and 1 other person
HomogenousCow said:
I accidentally "barred" some "h"s in my literature essay, got comments like "Why do you keep writing it this way?".
It happens) do not worry)

Ignorance is bliss to some people :D

nuuskur said:
Ignorance is bliss to some people :D
So true. I mean, imagine if I were to have knowledge of some mafia transactions and all that. I wouldn't be able to live peacefully. Thank goodness I am ignorant of anything that happens in the mafia. (I actually took a criminology course focused on White Collar crimes. The things you learn. :nb) Shhhhh. Ignorant is good)

How capitalists fight: We'll take you down men! We'll take your whole company down! (I'm kidding :-p)

HomogenousCow said:

The only answer is to avoid factors of ##2\pi##

HomogenousCow said:
Tħat's ħillarious!

lisab said:
Tħat's ħillarious!
:DD
αωεςθmε! Ι ωαNτ τθ δθ τHατ!

Awesome! I want to do that.

The last two backpacks I've had (and worn out) I got at the swap meet for $3. Thought I might get a brand new one this time and was a bit surprised at how much they cost new: $40 to $80. There's always a big selection of used ones at the swap meet, and no one seems to think they're worth much, even when they're in good shape. So, I thought a high priced new one would be about $25.

In other news, I found out Starbucks gets stuff in relatively large cardboard boxes. If you need a large panel of cardboard for a project, they're the place to ask.

This afternoon I fell asleep and dreamed I was using the griddle app on my Mac. I was frying some chicken pieces and scrambled hamburger on it, but after I got going I felt this was going to be hard to clean and that most people probably never used this app. When I woke up I marveled at the fact it had made any sense at all that it was possible to cook things on your laptop.

HomogenousCow said:
Did you get any comment saying "wy do you keep writing it tis way"?

Borg said:

February 7 2018 --2/7/18 will be Euler's e day. And those ( if any) who will be alive in the year 15927 will be able to have 3/14/15927 .

zoobyshoe said:
The last two backpacks I've had (and worn out) I got at the swap meet for $3. Thought I might get a brand new one this time and was a bit surprised at how much they cost new: $40 to $80. There's always a big selection of used ones at the swap meet, and no one seems to think they're worth much, even when they're in good shape. So, I thought a high priced new one would be about $25.

In other news, I found out Starbucks gets stuff in relatively large cardboard boxes. If you need a large panel of cardboard for a project, they're the place to ask.

This afternoon I fell asleep and dreamed I was using the griddle app on my Mac. I was frying some chicken pieces and scrambled hamburger on it, but after I got going I felt this was going to be hard to clean and that most people probably never used this app. When I woke up I marveled at the fact it had made any sense at all that it was possible to cook things on your laptop.

For backpacks, if you can afford to wait until September at the beginning of the school year, you can find some good deals. And maybe for the griddle, you mixed up Mac with Mc, as in McDonald's

by my estimation there will not be another Pi day for like a century (unless I'm missing something), just under 14 hours left of today!

WWGD said:
For backpacks, if you can afford to wait until September at the beginning of the school year, you can find some good deals.
Actually, I spent all night replacing a zipper, which was the problem. The new zipper cost $3. But this particular backpack has a configuration of pockets I like.
And maybe for the griddle, you mixed up Mac with Mc, as in McDonald's
Could be. Usually my dreams are clearly traceable to something I've been thinking about recently, but this one baffled me.

Likes Silicon Waffle
nuuskur said:
by my estimation there will not be another Pi day for like a century (unless I'm missing something), just under 14 hours left of today!
Next year there'll be 3.1416 day.

that's off entirely by the order of 10-4. Though any March 14 would be a Pi day, but that's too easy :<

Likes Silicon Waffle
nuuskur said:
that's off entirely by the order of 10-4. Though any March 14 would be a Pi day, but that's too easy :<
C'mon, you got to round off somewhere or you'll never get anything done.

In other news, we had a power blackout tonight from about 12:30 to 2:00. It is an unseasonably warm night, and I bet too many people had their air conditioners running.

Likes Silicon Waffle
zoobyshoe said:
C'mon, you got to round off somewhere or you'll never get anything done.
I call it the mathematicians' curse. Unless I'm doing my physics assignments, I absolutely DETEST the idea of rounding anything anywhere.

What did you once call me when you responded to my email ? I actually never hope it was typos.

zoobyshoe said:
In other news, we had a power blackout tonight from about 12:30 to 2:00. It is an unseasonably warm night, and I bet too many people had their air conditioners running.
My room temperature last night dropped to 83F and it felt cold. Plus I have a mild fever (because I accidentally poisoned myself with medicine, nothing serious though) so it felt even more cold.
[PLAIN]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9493505 said:
Dysfunction[/PLAIN] of the thermoregulatory system is one of many pathologies documented in experimental animals and humans exposed to toxic chemicals. The mechanism of action responsible for many types of poison-induced fevers is not understood.

Hug me zooby :oldshy:, I'm seeking warmth. I feel cold.
I'm okay in case anyone is wondering. It's just fever, not the end of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borg said:
Tomorrow will be a very rare PI day. :woot:

And that makes 4.

My hippie dippie friends had a complete meltdown on Facebook yesterday. Finger pointing, shouting, and general meanness, which you don't usually see from the group. So today I noticed that it's the Ides of March(back stabber day). I also noticed that Friday was the 13th(bad luck day). A few days ago, someone mentioned that Mars was in retrograde(11 weeks of; everything you start, will end in failure).

And of course, Pi day, made everyone, irrational.

My recommendation is, that we should all stay in bed yesterday, with the covers over our heads.

ps. The entire thread got deleted. It was that nasty.

Likes Silicon Waffle
My dog recently caught on to what W...A...L...K means. F...O...O...D will be next. I will have to start using a code word or start spelling those Pavlovian words backwards.

Likes nuuskur and Silicon Waffle
edward said:
My dog recently caught on to what W...A...L...K means. F...O...O...D will be next. I will have to start using a code word or start spelling those Pavlovian words backwards.
Just start calling them B...A...T...H... and V...E...T... :smile:

Likes edward
Waking Dead is getting interesting.

I was literally one of just two people at the movie theater tonight ( the 2nd person did not come with me). I felt like saying to him/her "you're in my seat", but I didn't know how it would be received.

Likes Silicon Waffle, OmCheeto, lisab and 1 other person
nuuskur said:

But 3.1416 is a better approximation to 3.1415927... than 3.1415. Maybe the better thing about 3.1415 is that it can be extended into a better approximation.

Bacle2 said:
I was literally one of just two people at the movie theater tonight ( the 2nd person did not come with me). I felt like saying to him/her "you're in my seat", but I didn't know how it would be received.
:DD That would have been epic awesome! I would have gone for it 100%. Once a group of guys, I don't know how, managed to enter into the movies a cauldron (large cooking pot) with hot rice and another with fried chicken. Plus two 2 liters of Coca-Cola. When the movie began the began serving to their friends around and you could see the steam from the rice rising. It was epic to no avail. Nobody told them anything. I suppose they had colleagues working there.

Why do Mentors rarely ever post here at Random Thoughts?

Join in Mentors. Randomize yourselves. Edit: Throw me some random funny story.

Last edited:
Spinach

looks like they beat me to it

Took me almost a year to find a job and it look less than a week to make me feel like finding another one.
It's not like the job is bad or anything but I just don't feel for it :(

I guess the good thing is at least I have decent income while I can do some soul searching

Likes Silicon Waffle and audire