Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
franznietzsche said:
But I'm not using a program. I'm immune! :devil: :devil:

Bring it Moonie!

I hereby declare no underage thread killing. You better leave the dirty work up to us older folks. :-p

Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
I hereby declare no underage thread killing. You better leave the dirty work up to us older folks. :-p

As iff underage anything laws would ever hinder me.

*Stabs thread with a 13 inch knife*

I feel immortal. I have started a thread that could become one of the all time greatest. Perhaps able to rival the great "stupid quetion"
All I can say is that it is about time. Finally you all are starting to realize I am better than you and are responding as you should. I command you to continue posting to MY thread. Pay hommage to me.

tribdog said:
I feel immortal. I have started a thread that could become one of the all time greatest. Perhaps able to rival the great "stupid quetion"
All I can say is that it is about time. Finally you all are starting to realize I am better than you and are responding as you should. I command you to continue posting to MY thread. Pay hommage to me.

Go get your own thread to kill.

dang, thought I was going to get the kill for that comment.

Not in this world...:devil: :-p

Daniel.

P.S."stupid quetion" thread is stupid,THIS is great...

Bartholomew said:
At 20, I think I may be the youngest person posting in this thread, so I will probably outlive you all. And then...
I have a reason to live. :smile:

Tribdog said:
dang, thought I was going to get the kill for that comment.
It was a darn good try.

franznietzsche said:
Bring it Moonie!
I love it. :biggrin:

Hey Dex, did you see the great ping pong game going on in some other thread?

ping - pong - ping - pong - ping - pong - ping - pong - ping - pong

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is he gone yet?

dextercioby said:
I like ping pong.I play it,everytime i get the chance...

And i feel OFFENDED that u assumed i'd fall for that...:mad:

Daniel.
Fall for what? o:)

ping - pong - ping - pong

What ever are you referring to, Dex?

<must make dex want to go play ping-pong.>ping - pong - ping - pong

<must continue subliminal ping-pong infusion.>ping - pong - ping - pong

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dextercioby said:
And i feel OFFENDED that u assumed i'd fall for that...:mad:

Daniel.
Now don't be -ping- offended Dex. It just -pong- means that -ping- I consider you a -pong- worthy adversary, -ping- such as you might find -pong- in a good Ping -ping- Pong -pong- match. o:) :smile:

No reason to be -ping- offended. :smile:

dextercioby said:
All this pong-ping bs is not going to keep ME away...It might work with Moonbear,though..:-p

Daniel.
Perhaps if we had a Rhino that needed collecting... :-p

Now, where's my Barry White CD?

Please,no more connection between Barry White & rhino...:cry:I may get disgusted and leave...

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Please,no more connection between Barry White & rhino...:cry:I may get disgusted and leave...

Daniel.
Uh, oh baby, can't get enough of that Rhino love, baby.
:-p

dextercioby said:
All this pong-ping bs is not going to keep ME away...It might work with Moonbear,though..:-p

Daniel.

Ooh, I love ping-pong. I'm terrible at it, but it doesn't stop me. It just makes the game more interesting to smack the ball off light fixtures, bookcases, the pet cat, etc. :biggrin: (Disclaimer: No actual cats were harmed in the making of this thread.)

My persistence in ping-pong is somewhat similar to my persistence in this thread. It doesn't matter if I'm twice franz's age, I'm still going to outlive him (is he the youngest here?). I'm going to get the thread kill even if I have to do it on my own deathbed! :-p

Moonbear said:
I'm going to get the thread kill even if I have to do it on my own deathbed! :-p
Do what? :blushing:

mattmns said:
Ughh I did not like playing ping-pong in gym. I was very good and aggressive when it came to sports, but I was terrible at ping pong, which pissed me off lol
Hey dex, Moonbear and mattmns needs help with their Ping Pong skills. :smile: Why don't you take them to another thread and give them some pointers? o:)

dextercioby said:

Daniel.
Hey, you're right. It seems to have worked on Moonbear and mattmns! :-p

Artman said:
Hey dex, Moonbear and mattmns needs help with their Ping Pong skills. :smile: Why don't you take them to another thread and give them some pointers? o:)

Oh, no, there's no reason we can't play ping-pong right here. I miss the table so often, I don't even need to bother having one!

*pong...kerthunk* Oops, sorry there Artman, you might want to put some ice on that eye. You really should wear safety glasses when I'm playing ping-pong.

It never was.It's Tribdog's kid,remember...?:-pHe attempted to kill it (patricide :confused:),but he failed...:devil:

And definitely will not be...

Get used to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSING...:-p

Daniel.

I started watching the thread, studying it, when it first started. It has certain patterns. There are others around it sometimes, but not always. I know when it is alone, when it is helpless.

Other people talk about killing the thread. I begin to see the thread dead. My breathing gets faster because I realize I want it dead too, but I also realize that I want to kill it. It's mine. They don't know it, but it is mine. My sweet innocent, soon to be dead thread. Dead thread! Ha, ha, ha! Rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it? How would any of you know! You keep bringing it back to life after I have killed it!

Creepy huh. Bet you're all too scared to stick around now. :devil:

Of course I hope you all realize that the only way to win here is to gain a silent victory. You can't be acknowledged for the win, nor can you brag about your win, or else it will remind others the thread exists and they will resume posting. Can your egos handle a win nobody notices? If not, give up now, winning would be far too depressing.

Moonbear said:
Of course I hope you all realize that the only way to win here is to gain a silent victory. You can't be acknowledged for the win, nor can you brag about your win, or else it will remind others the thread exists and they will resume posting. Can your egos handle a win nobody notices? If not, give up now, winning would be far too depressing.

We've reached the point of no return.And yes,i would start a new thread in which people would pay hommage to me and acknowledge me as the SUPREME BEING WHO SLAYED THE THREAD... :cool:

And I would kill that thread,too... :devil:

Daniel.

Moonbear said:
What thread?

Bartholomew said:
Extensive statistical analysis shows that the average lifespan of a thread such as this under these conditions is 7,204 posts.

This question will be asked sooner or later, but statistics can't go long on this forum without knowing the source of the statistics. Anyways, I am curious... how did these analysts get to this rather odd figure? Mathematical model?

Bartholomew said:
I attempted to contact the statisticians who performed the analysis, but I must have lost the pin they were dancing on in a haystack.

LOL! Don't you know the only way to find a needle in a haystack is to take your shoes off and walk through the haystack? Guaranteed you'll find it on your first pass through! :smile:

Moonbear said:
LOL! Don't you know the only way to find a needle in a haystack is to take your shoes off and walk through the haystack? Guaranteed you'll find it on your first pass through! :smile:
You know what is harder, finding a needle in a stack of needles. http://www.cafe18.uni.cc/images/smilies/dance.gif

Unless, of course, you don't care which needle. Then you just reach in a grab one. :biggrin:

when someone does kill this thread and it comes time to award the trophy does it get awarded in this thread? and if it does, does that make the trophy invalid? it's one of those Catch 22 of Schrodinger's Cats paradoxy thingies.

Nope,not in this thread.If you had bothered reding the 100 posts u've been missing,you'd have noticed my suggestion:the winner creates a thread especially for other members to pay hommage to him and then,he would get to kill that thread too.

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Nope,not in this thread.If you had bothered reding the 100 posts u've been missing,you'd have noticed my suggestion:the winner creates a thread especially for other members to pay hommage to him and then,he would get to kill that thread too.

Daniel.

But no one, except me, will ever manage to kill this thread.

So should i just make the other thread now?

what other thread franz?, did I miss something in the last 100 or so posts?

tribdog said:
what other thread franz?, did I miss something in the last 100 or so posts?

Not likely, just ignore this thread for about 100 posts, and then come back and be confused about whatever it is me and these usurpers are discussing then.

mattmns said:
Hmmm, *whispers* am I the only one here

No silly, i never sleep.

DAMN! I should have know franz would come here. Geeze, seriously do you sleep?

mattmns said:
DAMN! I should have know franz would come here. Geeze, seriously do you sleep?

Sometimes, but never for very long. I think i average 2 all nighters a week, and when i almost never manage a night of continuous sleep for more than a few hours at a time.

Get lot's of programming done though.

dextercioby said:
Unless he drinks too much,no...

Daniel.

I've never passed out or forgotten a night. Had a few that were real hazy, but no black outs.

dextercioby said:
It's hard to tell when I'm awake or not,just the "green button" tells whether I'm online or not...Which is much more relevant to the welfare of MY BELOVED THREAD...

which I'm going to kill pretty soon...:devil:

Danievil.

Not if i kill it first!

My thread!

*stabs thread for the gajillionth time*

Back