Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #5,706
The black shapes evoke caves and mountains, cupping the moon in their shadowy arms in the evening blue.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,707
Is any brave soul going to post?

• #5,708
Oh nooooooo

• #5,709
aaaaagh!

• #5,710
Foiled! Curses! Blast!

• #5,711
stop him!

• #5,712
7000 or 7001... who can even say? The midnight spirit strikes!

• #5,713
miss a lost turtle?

• #5,714
where is everyone?

• #5,715
Dang! ...Is there a reason someone's second account is not closed?

• #5,716
Evo said:
aaaaagh!
What's the problem?!

• #5,717
How much junk do art sudio owners sell? I could make a decent living if I could sell a few pieces of abstract art that I picked up from the junkyard for 10 or 20 thousand a piece. Buy low, sell high. What a great job that would be. Some rich guy buys a piece of junk that was tossed out by a homeless family. The price he pays for it could feed that family for a year, but some art studio ownder scoops up all the profits.

• #5,718
The ghost just got the 7,000th reply, congrats Bartholomew!

• #5,719
zoobyshoe said:
Show and Tell!
I don't have anything scanned. I don't have a scanner. I do have some nice abstract stuff though that I did in Paint.

• #5,720
Moonbear said:
Dang! ...Is there a reason someone's second account is not closed?
I tried to send up a warning! He was on a posting spree heading towards 7,000 and nobody else was posting.

• #5,721
Evo said:
Darn cheat! How can we know when to post when we can't see him?!

• #5,722
BicycleTree said:
I don't have anything scanned. I don't have a scanner. I do have some nice abstract stuff though that I did in Paint.
Digital Camera! Plug in! Show and Tell!

• #5,723
Evo said:
Thank you very much! *bows* Thank you, thank you! *bows* *makes a striding exit*

• #5,724
Evo said:
I tried to send up a warning! He was on a posting spree heading towards 7,000 and nobody else was posting.
Post #7000 is, in fact, officially attributed to Mentor Evo, however. What's the difference if the ghost deletes?

• #5,725
I don't have a digital camera. However, I guess I do have a scanner (thought I didn't--this isn't my own computer). However, I don't have any good realistic art that isn't three years old... all I can say is that when I try to draw something realistically, mainly when I'm doodling passing time, it looks pretty good.

• #5,726
Artman said:
Can I use this? :biggrin:

I now concede user rights to Artman and any other person of the male gender who finds his aforementioned gender identifying body parts in the crushing steel grip of whatever significant other be he with, livestock included (that for you Danger :biggrin:). Please apply this disclaimer accordingly, liberally, frequently and without discretion.

• #5,727
Yes franzbear, I know after being locked in the freezer that kitty cat scared you. I'm sure you would like a pet though, so I thought maybe a puppy dog would be better. Oh look franzbear, look what SOS has found for you...

http://img239.echo.cx/img239/9797/crazydog2qd.jpg

Isn't it cute? What do you want to name it?

• #5,728
That thing is CREEPY.

• #5,729
Huckleberry said:
How much junk do art sudio owners sell? I could make a decent living if I could sell a few pieces of abstract art that I picked up from the junkyard for 10 or 20 thousand a piece.
Doesn't work that way. You can't just walk into an Art Dealer with an objet trouve. You have to have years of dedicated loyalty to your cr@p, extensive efforts at getting it shown, and a BicycleTree-like dump truck full of jargon. It helps if you've taught somewhere, and it's really a must that you have no other job.

The pieces are relatively unimportant. They are the symbolic representaions of your demented lifestyle, mostly. No demented, artistic lifestyle, no sales. You have to be willing to meet a lot of people and seriously hypnotize them into thinking you're up to something important with your art, some aesthetic adventure that is just beyond their grasp.

• #5,730
DocToxyn said:
I now concede user rights to Artman and any other person of the male gender who finds his aforementioned gender identifying body parts in the crushing steel grip of whatever significant other be he with, livestock included (that for you Danger :biggrin:). Please apply this disclaimer accordingly, liberally, frequently and without discretion.
There's a loophole in your disclaimer. It says you won't have to sleep outside the bedroom. It says nothing about sleeping on the bed. A dog bed can be easily brought into the bedroom. An angry wife or girlfriend might actually enjoy seeing her mate sleeping in a dog bed at the foot of the bed.

• #5,731
DocToxyn said:
Well, Doc, if you're going to get into trouble, Moonbear and I will make sure it was worth it. :-p

• #5,732
SOS2008 said:

It looks like a Trudy to me. Or maybe something more appropriate, like, Fur With Fangs, or Bad Hair Life.

• #5,733
BicycleTree said:
all I can say is that when I try to draw something realistically, mainly when I'm doodling passing time, it looks pretty good.
When I doodle, it looks pretty good, but it doesn't look realistic. What's that? "Actual abstract doodlism"?

• #5,734
SOS2008 said:
Yes franzbear, I know after being locked in the freezer that kitty cat scared you. I'm sure you would like a pet though, so I thought maybe a puppy dog would be better. Oh look franzbear, look what SOS has found for you...

SOS, that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :smile:

• #5,735
SOS2008 said:

We should name it zoobyshoe, taken? franzbear? no? hhmmm, I can only resort to snufferwunkles

the name is snufferwunkles!

• #5,736
I just read the last couple of pages and I'm officially freaked out. A ghost in the thread that wouldn't die? :bugeye: :rolleyes: I'm going to have cyber nightmares. :cry:

• #5,737
SOS2008 said:

What was Danger's ex-from-Hell's name?

• #5,738
DocToxyn said:
Evo said:
Well, Doc, if you're going to get into trouble, Moonbear and I will make sure it was worth it. :-p

Darn right! It's a deal! :approve:

• #5,739
Wouldn't really be abstract in that case. I have done a couple realistic pencil drawings back in high school, and they are pretty realistic-looking. I just tried drawing some stuff around me just now and it looks fairly proportional.

• #5,740
Moonbear said:
What was Danger's ex-from-Hell's name?
It doesn't matter, for I named it,

SNUFFERWUNKLES!

Back