Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
Every time I mention it is another time when you have to consciously resist checking out the comic.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Let's set things straight--you do NOT not find it funny. You haven't read it.

I took a look.I couldn't resist the temptation...:-pIt wasn't funny.It was plain pustid :mad:Almost made me cry.

Daniel.

Heh, heh, heh. Evo, you should resurrect that "Why I think I am the Perfect Man for Evo" thread. Bartholomew's the man you want.

What a devious and cunning pirate.

arildno said:
A deserving winner is the one who grabs "the number of the beast" for himself.

dextercioby said:
Matt,you devil,u couldn't help it,could you...?You scored the 666-th reply to this thread...
Now we have a proof.It won't die too young*sadistical laughter*

Daniel.

mattmns said:
Hehe, I noticed that too

Is there any doubt who will kill this thread? :smile: :smile: :biggrin:

Last edited:
I personally promise you it ain't going to be Matt the one that kills it...:devil:

Danievil.

P.S.Get away,people!This thread is a zombie...

BobG said:
Actually, this one here is funny, and relevant, too. The GD Theme
That's perfect! :biggrin:

dextercioby said:
I personally promise you it ain't going to be Matt the one that kills it...:devil:

Danievil.

P.S.Get away,people!This thread is a zombie...

Nay, he tain't th' one. It'll be th' one with Post #666, as arildno, th' mutant gypsy, foretold.

BobG said:
Actually, this one here is funny, and relevant, too. The GD Theme

Okay, that becomes funny based on it's relevance to the irrelevance of threads like this, but if I was reading it in the Sunday paper, it wouldn't be funny at all on its own merits.

I'm sure Bart's just trying to kill the thread by continuously posting unfunny cartoons. At least it's a new strategy, I'll give him that much. :-p

BobG said:
Nay, he tain't th' one. It'll be th' one with Post #666, as arildno, th' mutant gypsy, foretold.

I can guarantee you 2 things:
1)arildno won't like the "mutant gypsy" part... :-p :smile:
2)We've reached post #720...In this thread... :rolleyes: :wink:

Daniel.

Ehem, I had post #666 to my name, unless one of you jackasses deleted one of you earlier post, I am looking at you Dex :mad:

Nope,not yet.Bur you just gave me an idea...:-p :devil:

Daniel.

Moonbear said:
I'm sure Bart's just trying to kill the thread by continuously posting unfunny cartoons. At least it's a new strategy, I'll give him that much. :-p
The thread actually flat lined for a moment after Bart's last meninhats post, luckily BobG's post revived it. I thought it was a gonner. :bugeye:

Is post going to end up like the other thread (the 'Ask a Stupid Quetion, Get a Stupid Answer' trhead)?

The Bob (2004 ©)

Hopefully, it won't last as long. The 'Ask a Stupid Quetion, Get a Stupid Answer' thread took nine months to reach 730 posts, not 2 weeks.

I don't know, what? :biggrin:

It's less relevant WHAT,but more important WHO...:wink: :devil:

Danievil.

Since tribdog created this thread, he may hold a secret key to the thread's weakness that would allow us to kill it.

Aha...Like Achile's tendinitis...?Or was it the heel...?Or wasn't it Achile,but someone else...?:confused:

Daniel.

P.S.He holds zip...

Trib, that was great, I love the post from Monique (who went by "the Owl')

Don't get me started about reading the wrong things.. I LOVE going to azian restaurants: Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai. And the things I ate there.. intensine of fish soup, pork belly, sea snails (worst ever), lots of squid, stomach of cow (which?), cow intestines, raw oysters (yuk), tried to order froglegs many times, land snails, AH! I ate the feet of chicken, nibbling on the nails :), tong, what else, probably other weird things that I do not know the name of.. But the good thing is that I have my own personal guide in Asian food, so the restaurant that I have been to were like the best food I've ever tasted, very authentic and clean.

Monique®

and the response from zero

"If that's cat, well, just fry me up another tabby!"

Personally I've eaten some very tasty barbecued goat "cabrito". And I LOVE raw oysters! But oysters roasted in the shell on an outdoor grill next to the Chesapeake Bay are my favorite memory. :approve:

Last edited:
LOL! I was going to say things never change, but it seems tribdog has lowered his standards over the years and will now accept food he suspects has a loogie in it.

I can't stand goat or goat cheese. I really hate when people sneak goat cheese into things that look otherwise innocuous, like a salad that I think has some feta cheese on it, or a pizza or lasagna that ought to have ricotta in it, and then I take a bite and eeeeeewwwww! Nothing gets that taste out of my mouth!

Those are trully weird food habits...

Daniel.

Last edited by a moderator:
dextercioby said:
...not with me around...:wink: :devil:And the same goes for Artman and MB...

Daniel.
Got that right. Moonbear would give it mouth-to-mouth, Dex would be pumping its chest, I would be, well...watching them and waiting to jump in and post last if it dies. :biggrin: :devil:

I think we've got our funeral home. TSFH looks like a very caring portal for the thread to move to its final resting place. (Also they have that great security Plan!)

Dead End from BobG's Post

Now BobG has the funny links! :smile:

I wasn't sure if I should post this one here or in the "Who Smokes?" thread, but I know the PF sisters will find this information to be yet another important reason to ban smoking:
http://www.roadtripamerica.com/signs/smoking.htm

The next two are especially for tribdog :biggrin:
http://www.roadtripamerica.com/signs/earls.htm
http://www.roadtripamerica.com/signs/indian.htm

And everyone who plans to be a professional thread-killer, please take this road :devil:
http://www.roadtripamerica.com/signs/blackhole.htm

Bartholomew said:
Yes, BobG's links are funny, but I resent the implication of "the" funny links.

:smile: Take it easy. You're allowed to laugh at what you find funny, for me comics just have to catch me on the first few or I don't bother going beyond that. You seem to be taking it awfully personally. You didn't write the comics, did you?

As for this thread:
http://www.roadtripamerica.com/signs/beyondhope.htm

Where is Franz? Them midterms must be killer, he is usually here non stop, I almost miss his smart ass comments :cry:

mattmns said:
Where is Franz? Them midterms must be killer, he is usually here non stop, I almost miss his smart ass comments :cry:
OK, I just PM'd his sorry butt. Maybe he'll write back. Midterms are no excuse. I got 'em, too. Besides he's little Mr. "I-got-an-A-plus-and-I-didn't-even-have-to-study-nyah-nyah".
:biggrin:

by the way, I'm just kidding with you, franz. Just hoping to spur a reaction so we'll know you're alive, unlike this poor comatose thread.

mattmns said:

Aww, i feel special :biggrin:

I've been busy, I've been semi-without internet, as I've installed another OS on my system, and it took me most of the weekend to correctly confgure everything.

Nope, no midterms this week, I've got finals the week after next though :frown:

Back