Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
Artman said:
Oh dear sister, that is not one of our guest threads. You can't bury him in our basement.

Who is he and why did he put that imposter thread in our window seat? He looks like fran...

It's franznietzsche and he's come to try and take our thread.

You get out of our thread.

Now sister, be nice. Let's offer him some tea. o:)

My thread you philandering thread-hussy.

Physics news on Phys.org
franznietzsche said:
My thread you philandering thread-hussy.
Well I never! (Well hardly ever.)
:blushing:

Artman said:
Well I never! (Well hardly ever.)
:blushing:

My spidey-senses are telling me you're lying.

(Jeebus christo, are we already 20 pages on this topic? lives we have not)

I am going to be away for a long weekend. I am going to leave special instructions for the care and feeding of the thread while I am away. (I don't want anything to happen to it until I return late Monday.)

First of all, don't leave it alone with franznietzsche. he does not seem very responsible when it comes to caring for it.

Moonbear should be watched as well. She can be very naughty and this is a fairly young and impressionable thread. (Especially if the fleet's in.)

mattmns may borrow the thread, but he must bring it back.

Give the thread plenty of clean water (none of the muddy stuff they sometimes feed the political threads). Oh that reminds me, Russ may visit, but don't let him make the thread too conservative.

Keep the doors locked so Math Is Hard doesn't just walk in and take off with it (you know how she can be).

Other than that I guess that everything should be...sniff...sniff...
I'm so worried, there are so many trying to kill my poor little thread.
Be a good thread...sniff...sniff... Don't talk to any strangers (don't worry there are none stranger than us) and I'll see you when I get back.

Artman said:
Moonbear should be watched as well. She can be very naughty and this is a fairly young and impressionable thread. (Especially if the fleet's in.)

:bugeye: Hey! I draw the line at being watched!

Now, come here little thread, we need to show you the ropes, and we know hanging around sailors is just the thing for that. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
:bugeye: Hey! I draw the line at being watched!

Now, come here little thread, we need to show you the ropes, and we know hanging around sailors is just the thing for that. :biggrin:
Hey! I haven't even left yet and already Moonbear is bringing on the sailors! Next thing there will probably be a dozen or so partying nuns, forty or so penitent guys sayin their hail Marys and who knows what else!

Artman,you said u were about to finally quit this thread (you said you were going to leave)...Have you changed your mind about "leaving"...?

Daniel.

Artman said:
Hey! I haven't even left yet

Given that its MY thread you can't leave instructions for it. I'm the boss around here.

and already Moonbear is bringing on the sailors!

Sailor Moon outfits, what?

Next thing there will probably be a dozen or so partying nuns

There goes the neighborhood :rolleyes:

forty or so penitent guys sayin their hail Marys and who knows what else!

ONly the penitent man shal pass, only the penitent man shall pass, only the penitent man shall pass, the penitent man is humble, before god, he KNEELS!

Whoever identifies the reference first, may take care of the thread in my absence while i go off and party for the weekend.

He just doesn't trust me as a thread-sitter. :cry:

franznietzsche said:
Given that its MY thread you can't leave instructions for it. I'm the boss around here.

Sailor Moon outfits, what?

There goes the neighborhood :rolleyes:

ONly the penitent man shal pass, only the penitent man shall pass, only the penitent man shall pass, the penitent man is humble, before god, he KNEELS!

Whoever identifies the reference first, may take care of the thread in my absence while i go off and party for the weekend.
I know it and I can't stay with the thread! :cry: Sean was so funny in that movie!

Behave all of you. Now I am really leaving this time.

Artman said:
I know it and I can't stay with the thread! :cry: Sean was so funny in that movie!

Behave all of you. Now I am really leaving this time.

We'll have to see if anyone else is smart enough to get it then :-p

That movie was super hot...I liked Robert,simply because he eventually proved to be EVIL...And Demi was hot,as always...

Danievil.

dextercioby said:
That movie was super hot...I liked Robert,simply because he eventually proved to be EVIL...And Demi was hot,as always...

Danievil.

You get nothing if you cannot name the movie.

I don't know the name of the movie in English,simply because it was translated into Romanian and usually the mot-à-mot translation back doesn't coincide with the original.:-p

The thread kill is still undecided...:-p

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
I don't know the name of the movie in English,simply because it was translated into Romanian and usually the mot-à-mot translation back doesn't coincide with the original.:-p

The thread kill is still undecided...:-p

Daniel.

And you can't say what it would be if you untranslated it? If you can recognize the line, you have no excuse.

It should contain the words:"The Penitent"...:confused; :-p

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
It should contain the words:"The Penitent"...:confused; :-p

Daniel.

The line has nothing to do with the title. Its actually a semi-obscure line, although the scene its in isn't.

I thought it's the line that Indy keeps reminding himself of as he follows the path to the grail in Last Crusade (when something swings and he ducks under it when going through the dark cave-tunnel thingy)...but Dex has me confused.

Gokul43201 said:
I thought it's the line that Indy keeps reminding himself of as he follows the path to the grail in Last Crusade (when something swings and he ducks under it when going through the dark cave-tunnel thingy)...but Dex has me confused.

Dex doesn't know what he's talking about.

You're close. You got the movie, so you win.

Its what he says right before the spinning blades that he ducks and rolls inbetween. He reads his father's journal which has the clue "only the penitent man shall pass" in reference to the first of the three trials.

What do I win ?

Gokul43201 said:
What do I win ?

The right to have the thread stolen from you as you stand in for franz. :smile:

Gokul43201 said:
What do I win ?

you get to baby sit the thread while I'm off enjoying the weekend nightlife.

franznietzsche said:
you get to baby sit the thread while I'm off enjoying the weekend nightlife.

See? franz is saying Gokul has no life. Go get him Gokul!

*steals thread while Gokul is chasing after franz*

Moonbear said:
See? franz is saying Gokul has no life. Go get him Gokul!

*steals thread while Gokul is chasing after franz*

Gokul, what kind of babysitter are you?

You let the sailor-chasin hussy get it!

franznietzsche said:
Gokul, what kind of babysitter are you?

You let the sailor-chasin hussy get it!

Shouldn't you be out at some party?

Moonbear said:
Shouldn't you be out at some party?

Soon enough, soon enough.

franznietzsche said:
Soon enough, soon enough.
Good, then while you are out having fun, us losers will steal your thread from you: Mwuhahahahaha :approve:

*rips thread out from under matt*
Hey, Gokul -- catch!
heh heh heh

Math Is Hard said:
*rips thread out from under matt*
Hey, Gokul -- catch!
heh heh heh

Good job MIH.

Here have some aftershock for your effort.

Gokul, get back here, you won the designated thread sitter post, you have responsibilities!

I'm out, see you all later.

Too late, Gokul strayed from his post and I intercepted MIH's pass! Thread's mine now!

zzzzzZZZZZzzzzz, soooo tired, aren't you tired Moonbear? After a long day of work wouldn't it be nice to just sit back in bed and sleep?

mattmns said:
zzzzzZZZZZzzzzz, soooo tired, aren't you tired Moonbear? After a long day of work wouldn't it be nice to just sit back in bed and sleep?

Oh, it would be, but I'm not done with my day of work yet. :frown: I need to get stuff to my PI tomorrow because he's out of town all next week, so tomorrow's the only day he's in the office. I don't have the luxury now of setting it aside and finishing it tomorrow. Time to put on another pot of coffee, it's going to be a late night.

But you go ahead and get some sleep if you're so tired. No need for us both to stay up all night.

Thread sitter, eh ? Think I've got nothing better to do on friday nights ?

<Now where's that thermocouple I was calibrating...>

Last edited:
Of course you have better things to do on a Friday night. You can just leave the thread with me and it will be fine.

Hey! With only 4 posts, you're hardly even in the contending as thread killing champion. You need to practice on some other beginner-level threads first. This one is for thread-killing experts only. :biggrin: I've been working on subtely burying this thread all night, just a post or two at a time, and here you go dragging it right back to the top on me. :rolleyes: Must be amateur night...LOL!

Back