Want to Join Our Postcard Club? Here's How!

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, Evo is starting a club where people can post cards to each other. If you want to join, post here. If you want to exchange postcards with someone, send them your snail-mail address by PM. You will get the return address through the same channel. Send a postcard. Wait. When you get the card, post here.
Math Is Hard said:
Did you get mine yet?

Yep, I got yours - and one from OmCheeto, and one from Andre!

Physics news on Phys.org
Borek said:
So far, cards sent by:

MIH, Andre, Wolram2, Borek, OmCheeto, BobG

Cards received by:

MIH, Andre, Wolram

But that's probably not whole story.

This is incredible, Borek do you mean you all ready have the air mail posted one?
If so it was sent Wednesday afternoon.
And some with the wrong postage are getting through, i am starting to believe in miracles.

No, I just collected information from the thread.

~christina~ said:
Ooo I've decided that I want to exchange snail mail addesses.
I think I'll see if I can put a picture that I've taken on the front. (now I have to just find time to go to the print shop to see if this is possible)

I'm just confused as what we're supposed to write on these cards...I don't usually send cards to people out of randomness..

Hey christina, it is the joy of getting a card not what is on it, though some thing written on it would be better than nothing, even if it is inane mumbo jumbo.

wolram said:
Hey christina, it is the joy of getting a card not what is on it, though some thing written on it would be better than nothing, even if it is inane mumbo jumbo.

Ooops... All I wrote on my cards was inane mumbo jumbo..

My joy is of course seeing a black penny on the card.

Two more cards going today, I'll be home later today to see if somebody has thought of me.

Wow, got my mail today! No magazines (too heavy to carry), but at least bills and several orders, and...

POSTCARD FROM MIH :smile: :approve: :!) :biggrin:

Incongruous stamp... If I recall correctly there will be something similar on my postcards - they are from Warsaw, but stamps are with Serock view (Serock is a small city not far from here).

I have to go kick some bottoms at my nearest post office to get more stamps for

Hypatia and christina.

Boy will they be sorry if they are still out.

Wolram, Found your card today when returning home; thank you very much; a nice little scenery.

remember before the internet when you sent postcards to people just to keep in touch? then the internet was such a great thing because you no longer had to send postcards to keep in touch?
You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round.

tribdog said:
remember before the internet when you sent postcards to people just to keep in touch? then the internet was such a great thing because you no longer had to send postcards to keep in touch?
You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round.

Yeah, but after the end times, we'll be the only PFers still keeping in touch. It'll be just like that Kevin Costner movie, The Postman, or whatever the title was. (Admittedly, it was a little unrealistic - I seriously doubt a rock musician or other entertainer could ever be elected mayor of a city, even after the end times.:rolleyes:)

Borek said:
Wow, got my mail today! No magazines (too heavy to carry), but at least bills and several orders, and...

POSTCARD FROM MIH :smile: :approve: :!) :biggrin:

Incongruous stamp... If I recall correctly there will be something similar on my postcards - they are from Warsaw, but stamps are with Serock view (Serock is a small city not far from here).

w00t! Hooray! :smile: :smile: :smile:

My first postcard! :cool:

The Santa Monica pier at sunset with palm trees and Catalina Island in the ocean.

And from a rule breaker, too. She wrote in the space reserved for US Postal Service.

BobG said:
My first postcard! :cool:

The Santa Monica pier at sunset with palm trees and Catalina Island in the ocean.

And from a rule breaker, too. She wrote in the space reserved for US Postal Service.

OMG, will she be prosctitued?

wolram said:
OMG, will she be prosctitued?

No, it's a pier with an amusement park; not one where sailors hang out.

I think. What did you ask?

Hey Bob! I got your postcard! Nice handwriting!

lisab said:
Yep, I got yours - and one from OmCheeto, and one from Andre!

I got your's and Kurdt's 10 minutes after the forum went down yesterday. Perfect timing.

Your card reminded me of when I used to live in Bremerton.
I used to ride those car ferrys to Seattle all the time, just for fun. I haven't been on one in 25 years.

I spent at least an hour studying the theme of Kurdt's card. What an outrageously cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q54VKT_mZfI&feature=related".

Thank you both!

Last edited by a moderator:
And I got the second card from Wolram. Thanks

Still only two cards one from MIH and one from Andre.

Andre said:
And I got the second card from Wolram. Thanks

Amazing the under stamped one got there :smile:

Wolly card here - 50p version.

Wow, tried to google - looks like every second pub in UK is called The Butchers Arms :smile:

Thats certainly not the most popular name of pub in the UK. No prizes, but can anyone guess what the most popular name is? :wink:

Kurdt said:
Thats certainly not the most popular name of pub in the UK. No prizes, but can anyone guess what the most popular name is? :wink:

Woolies arms?

I was actually thinking of the British Beer and Pub associations stats which are slightly different.

http://www.beerandpub.com/pub_facts.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
wolram said:
Still only two cards one from MIH and one from Andre.

Wouldn't you think that Borek's cards are missing in action?

I have two cards from England now! I owe you another one, Wolly!

I also got a beautiful postcard from BobG. Thanks, Bob. I thought those were squirrels rather than camels when I first saw them. :)

Andre said:
Wouldn't you think that Borek's cards are missing in action?

Just after 5 days? I bet they are still at my post office.

3 cards being sent out today!

Horaaaay,

I just received a post card from Om cheeto, thanks Om, great view, though you would never get me up in one of those cable cars.

One of the cards I have sent landed in Finland (non-PF addressee), so at least I know they are on the move.

Lisab

Got your local volcano. Thanks.

Thanks, Lisa! I got your card!

wolram said:
Horaaaay,

I just received a post card from Om cheeto, thanks Om, great view, though you would never get me up in one of those cable cars.

I was quite pleased when I didn't wet myself on my first ride. I stop by the upper tower at least once a month to get my view fix. It's quite incredible on a clear day. I can see all the way to Lisab's house. It's 130 miles away! About 60 extra miles than you and Kurdt.

I got your postcard yesterday. 3 sheep, a tree, and an old stump in a field.
Is that near your house? I google earthed your residence and saw some white lumps in the field across the street. I assumed they were sheep.

I was of course most interested in your choice of stamps, being a philatelist.

pfwolliestamp.jpg

Or was what Kurdt said true? Do the postal workers put the stamps on for you?

I'd do this but I'm afraid I wouldn't ever get any of the cards out...And being a one way participant isn't fair...

Om, I'm assuming the card you sent is a pic of the tram system in P-town?