Want to Join Our Postcard Club? Here's How!

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, Evo is starting a club where people can post cards to each other. If you want to join, post here. If you want to exchange postcards with someone, send them your snail-mail address by PM. You will get the return address through the same channel. Send a postcard. Wait. When you get the card, post here.
Om, thanks so much for my card !

Physics news on Phys.org
hypatia said:

You are quite welcome!

Borek said:
It was October 15th, I really hoped they will get to US before Christmas. As far as I remember Andre and Wolly got theirs, so far nobody from US confirmed receiving my mail, so the rest must have drown in Atlantic.

Or they were seized by Somali pirates, that's not exactly on the shortest path, but who knows.

I still think that there is a town full of Yak herders somewhere that is wondering why you sent them all those postcards. Or perhaps they went to http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+17278".

Last edited by a moderator:
hypatia said:

Hy! Thank you for yours!

I always try and analyze everyone's card and find some hidden message or meaning.
I couldn't find any message or meaning in yours.
But I just love to stare at it. I do not know why.

I guess art and song are related that way.

So glad it arrived and that you are enjoying it.

Borek said:
It was October 15th, I really hoped they will get to US before Christmas. As far as I remember Andre and Wolly got theirs, so far nobody from US confirmed receiving my mail, so the rest must have drown in Atlantic.

Or they were seized by Somali pirates, that's not exactly on the shortest path, but who knows.

Borek, someone paid off the pirates!

Your postcard - cleverly disguised as a letter - arrived today - thank you!

lisab said:
Your postcard - cleverly disguised as a letter - arrived today - thank you!

Disguised as a letter? Must be the Christmas one? Glad to hear it made it :biggrin: but that's not the one sent in October. Last week (on 9th) I have silently sent next batch of postcards to all addresses I have :smile: This time as a priority mail.

For the record: from what I know Andre got his one on Friday.

Last edited:
I GOT CARDS! One from Hypatia

and one from ...

BOREK!

Thanks so much to you both. I am a loser. I am just getting to writing my Christmas cards now.

That means so far three out of nine made it :smile:

I am still hoping first batch will surface one day. Let's say about November 2009. That'll guarantee I will get best humor award for the next year too :-p

Borek, you guys have REALLY cool stamps.

~christina~ card here :smile: Thanks!

And - for the record - I know that Wolly got my Christmas card as well. That means 4 out of 9 made it.

Please remember to post here if you get card from someone :smile:

Thank you for the sweet Christmas card, Christina! :cool:

A very nice card Christina, Merry Christmass too, with hot choclate

Borek, thank you very much for the Christmas post-card. My wife and I had a good laugh out of the way you addressed it. Before you give our postal service too much credit, though, I must tell you that 1) This is a VERY small town, and my wife and I are the only Orrs in town, and 2) the rural letter-carrier in this town is my niece.

Thanks again. My wife sometimes saves special Christmas cards - this time she wants to save the envelope, too!

Did you ever hear about the letter addressed:
Hill
John
Mass

the post office delivered it to John Underhill, Andover, Mass.

turbo-1 said:
Borek, thank you very much for the Christmas post-card.

Glad it worked :smile:

My wife and I had a good laugh out of the way you addressed it.

And I had a good laugh addressing it :smile:

Before you give our postal service too much credit, though, I must tell you that 1) This is a VERY small town

One I have checked that the Solon population is below 1000 I was almost sure it should work. In such a small places people know each other.

and my wife and I are the only Orrs in town, and 2) the rural letter-carrier in this town is my niece.

That was super bonus.

Believe it or not, but this postard made my day reaching you :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Borek said:
~christina~ card here :smile: Thanks!

And - for the record - I know that Wolly got my Christmas card as well. That means 4 out of 9 made it.

Your welcome and I got your card as well
I love your card and stamp, both are shiny. :biggrin:

I just don't get why you sign your name as.."borek"
Is the return address name a stolen identity?? :wink:

Math Is Hard said:
Thank you for the sweet Christmas card, Christina! :cool:
Welcome MIH, I got your card in the mail.
Very colourful.
Andre said:
A very nice card Christina, Merry Christmass too, with hot choclate
No problem..hot chocolate is nice. :smile:

Math is Hard,

Thank you for your lovely Christmas wish!

Borek. How odd that your card arrived today.

15.1008.12 MARKIA *XY*

My white bird is looking very closely this way with an odd hanging of the head.

And there is an alien sauser heading for the Warszawa building from Los Angeles on your card! (the one that always blows up in the movies. we will have to ask MIH. I am not familiar with L.A.)

OmCheeto said:
Borek. How odd that your card arrived today.

15.1008.12 MARKIA *XY*

Wow, imagine those headlines - Somali pirates released the famous October cards! International action brings results! Yak herders sad! Festive mood throughout US!

Could be you got your postcard first in recognition of your efforts of plowing path for a postman.

But that's not the end of the poscard related events. When I was leaving for a New Years party yesterday I realized there is a mail in my mailbox, but we were late so I haven't checked it till just a few minutes ago - and I have a Christmas postcard from MIH. Thank you :smile:

Odds bodkins, i forgot this thread ,forsooth i need my donkey kicking.

Thank you very much for my card christina and Borek.

I will send cards , not being able to drive in a tiny village with no shops is a real handicap,
but it makes me feel bad as i want to, send cards that is.

Double drat, i had one from MIH too, thank you MIH.

Borek said:
Wow, imagine those headlines - Somali pirates released the famous October cards! International action brings results! Yak herders sad! Festive mood throughout US!

Could be you got your postcard first in recognition of your efforts of plowing path for a postman.

Borek! I got your card yesterday, too!

Great. Have you cleared the path for a mailman like Om did? :smile:

I have browsed whole thread.

So far my October postcards reached Andre, lisab, Om and Wolly.

So far my December postcards reached Andre, ~christina~, lisab, MIH, turbo and Wolly.

Seems like Evo didn't get any yet (or she just ducks because she haven't sent anything :wink:), I also can't find if BobG ever reported getting my cards.

That probably means 7 still in transit.

I got another postcard from Poland :)
THANKS!

Borek said:
Seems like Evo didn't get any yet (or she just ducks because she haven't sent anything :wink:),

I don't think Evo has checked her mail in a while.

OmCheeto said:
And there is an alien saucer heading for the Warszawa building from Los Angeles on your card! (the one that always blows up in the movies. we will have to ask MIH. I am not familiar with L.A.)

Los Angeles City Hall

pf_lach_woow.jpg

Alien saucer attacking similar building in Warsaw

pf_waa.jpg

Could the cards have been delayed by alien architectural critics?

OmCheeto said:
Alien saucer attacking similar building in Warsaw

pf_waa.jpg

I suppose many people here will have nothing against Pałac Kultury being destroyed by aliens.

Borek said:
I suppose many people here will have nothing against Pałac Kultury being destroyed by aliens.

A beautiful building like that, at the very least the aliens would get a hard stare from me.

I got a post card from Tina today. Thanks! :smile:

Send me your address, and you will get one from me as well.

Kurdt said:
I got a post card from Tina today. Thanks! :smile:

I just went to the mailbox today and found the card from you too.
It's the largest postcard yet. :biggrin:

Thanks Kurdt

Borek said:

I received your postcard that you sent out in November. Thanks for that, but I'm not sure where it went in between the 2 months...

~christina~ said:
I received your postcard that you sent out in November. Thanks for that, but I'm not sure where it went in between the 2 months...
Certainly, it did not come to Solon. My lovely little niece would have re-directed it promptly. If it hit a Vorgon mail-drop, you are lucky to have gotten it at all, much less in a millennium (assuming that the Vorgons were pre-disposed to delivering your mail).

~christina~ said:

November you say? I thought it was October.

So far I have no confirmation from Evo & BobG (two poscards both) and Om (December postcards). I have sent only one card to Turbo (I have 'invented' his address in December).

I think Evo is just ducking, she feels ashamed she has not sent a single postcard yet :-p

Or did she?

Borek said:
November you say? I thought it was October.
of course
I think Evo is just ducking, she feels ashamed she has not sent a single postcard yet :-p

Or did she?
Oh she gave out E-cards..they're the rage now. :biggrin:

I dare not enter into one of these exchanges as I would never get around to reciprocating...