What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

In summary, the conversation consists of various discussions about documentaries, the acquisition of National Geographic by Fox, a funny manual translation, cutting sandwiches, a question about the proof of the infinitude of primes, and a realization about the similarity between PF and PDG symbols. The conversation also touches on multitasking and the uniqueness of the number two as a prime number.
  • #4,201
Seems like average person, living 80 years produces some 43,800,000 liters of urine. Enough to fill up around 18 Olympic swimming pools. You can use this if/when you run out of conversation.

Likes nuuskur and skyshrimp
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #4,202
WWGD said:
Seems like average person, living 80 years produces some 43,800,000 liters of urine. Enough to fill up around 18 Olympic swimming pools. You can use this if/when you run out of conversation.
There must be a mistake: ##80 \cdot 365.25 = 29,220## and ##43,800,000 : 29,220 \approx 1,500##. I don't know how you will manage this, but it is definitely beyond my possibilities.

• #4,203
fresh_42 said:
There must be a mistake: ##80 \cdot 365.25 = 29,220## and ##43,800,000 : 29,220 \approx 1,500##. I don't know how you will manage this, but it is definitely beyond my possibilities.
My bad, wrong by a few zeros. 1.5 litters per day, not 1 litter per day: (1.5)(365)(80): 43,800 litters. Maybe initial computation was in cubic cm, not cubic meters. Cubic is some Croatian guy, I guess..

• #4,204
WWGD said:
My bad, wrong by a few zeros. 1.5 litters per day, not 1 litter per day: (1.5)(365)(80): 43,800 litters. Maybe initial computation was in cubic cm, not cubic meters. Cubic is some Croatian guy, I guess..
No, I think Cubic was the guy who placed this stone
PastDismalKookaburra-size_restricted.gif

I thought he was from Jupiter.

Attachments

• PastDismalKookaburra-size_restricted.gif
    PastDismalKookaburra-size_restricted.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 326
  • #4,205
fresh_42 said:
pastdismalkookaburra-size_restricted-gif.gif
That relates well my recent coding experiences. I just want to scream and flail my arms in the air.

Attachments

• pastdismalkookaburra-size_restricted-gif.gif
    pastdismalkookaburra-size_restricted-gif.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 347
  • #4,206
fresh_42 said:
No, I think Cubic was the guy who placed this stone
Wrong again. That was Kubrick not Cubic!

• #4,207
skyshrimp said:
I wonder why the sea isn't made primarily of hydrogen fluoride as fluoride is more negative than oxygen.

So any random thoughts on my fluoride brain fart? I kept it in 'random thoughts' as I don't want to trigger the thought police and get a SWAT team on me.

Sometimes I just want to release a juicy brain fart.

Is this the thread for said farts?

• #4,208
Rada Demorn said:
Wrong again. That was Kubrick not Cubic!
Depends on where you stanleyed.

• #4,209
What's with these puns? :oldlaugh:

• #4,210
WWGD said:
Sorry, I will never use a swimming pool filled with urine, even if I have run out of conversation. :eek:

Likes WWGD and Ibix
  • #4,211
nuuskur said:
What's with these puns? :oldlaugh:
My personal hypothesis, as far as it concerns @WWGD, @Ibix, and me is a certain affinity towards Dadaism.

The best online communication in this respect I ever had (4 people) was an alphabetic flight around the world by IATA codes. It simply developed out of the blue and to the great astonishment to all outstanders what the heck we were talking about. Guess the NSA still tries to figure out what the code words meant.

• #4,212
DrGreg said:
Sorry, I will never use a swimming pool filled with urine, even if I have run out of conversation. :eek:
You and your high standards, la-di-da! ;).

Last edited:
  • #4,213
fresh_42 said:
My personal hypothesis, as far as it concerns @WWGD, @Ibix, and me is a certain affinity towards Dadaism.

The best online communication in this respect I ever had (4 people) was an alphabetic flight around the world by IATA codes. It simply developed out of the blue and to the great astonishment to all outstanders what the heck we were talking about. Guess the NSA still tries to figure out what the code words meant.
Last du Mad Magazine? My dream is to have an article of mine accepted there. Working on it.

• #4,214
WWGD said:
Last du Mad Magazine? My dream is to have an article of mine accepted there. Working on it.
No, but I know what you mean. There's definitely a connection.

• #4,215
I don't remember ever hearing someone speaking German or Chinese with a Lisp. Wonder if it is just an English thing. I have a Lisp, but only in writing. And just thometimes.

• #4,216
WWGD said:
I don't remember ever hearing someone speaking German or Chinese with a Lisp. Wonder if it is just an English thing. I have a Lisp, but only in writing. And just thometimes.
We have the same question here: Why is it written with "sp"? Does Chinese, either of the two, have "s" or "sh" sounds at all?

• #4,217
Had a really good drink tonight and was replying to texts from that fit work colleague. She asked for a favour and make a mild sexual joke about repaying me.
I was on auto-pilot.and got extra cringy, chatting to her like she was my fiancé or something. I even typed 'sorry sweetie' at one point. After that text, she cut the convo.

I've realized what I've done and I'm not even sober yet.

To make it worse, I'm going to her flat after work tomorrow to fix her laptop problem, after said cringe attack.

Major failure bro.

I wish I had a time machine. I'd do anything to erase this event of extreme cringe :olduhh:

• #4,218
fresh_42 said:
We have the same question here: Why is it written with "sp"? Does Chinese, either of the two, have "s" or "sh" sounds at all?
Good points. Is there any equivalent, i.e.m Lisp-preserving map between any two? EDIT: You know, Lisp-morphisms of sort.

Last edited:
  • #4,219
I had barely recovered from having one of my favorite coffee shops closed -- therapist is out of town -- when they closed down the Churros place. Not so bad now, but needed for Winter. With Hot Chocolate ( The Churros).

• #4,220
I had barely recovered from having one of my favorite coffee shops closed -- therapist is out of town -- when they closed down the Churros place. Not so bad now, but needed for Winter. With Hot Chocolate ( The Churros).

• #4,221
tumblr_pade1rYkOC1slt9c9o1_1280.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_pade1rYkOC1slt9c9o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pade1rYkOC1slt9c9o1_1280.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 516
Likes Tom.G and OmCheeto
  • #4,222
I saw a thread of comments with jokes in German. It looked funny and I wanted to laugh, but I don't understand German.

I know it was jokes because everyone who knew German were laughing and making witty remarks.

• #4,223
BillTre said:
Reminds me of the rocks I've been collecting from our hippy fair for the last few years.

2018.08.29.marble.rock.planets.png

Of course, I can never remember from one year to the next which planets I'm missing, so I end up with spares.
All natural stones, except for Neptune. But it was half price, so I didn't care.

Attachments

• 2018.08.29.marble.rock.planets.png
    2018.08.29.marble.rock.planets.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 400
Likes Ibix, collinsmark and BillTre
  • #4,224
Psinter said:
I saw a thread of comments with jokes in German. It looked funny and I wanted to laugh, but I don't understand German.

I know it was jokes because everyone who knew German were laughing and making witty remarks.
You don't need to know German to tell jokes in German. Germans have assigned numbers to all their jokes. It is more organized that way.

Last edited:
Likes Psinter
  • #4,225
17! . One of the best, Psinter. Notice how I know how to tell a joke!

Likes Psinter
  • #4,226
It seems Greg B has joined the church. I read something saying msg Greg Bernhardt. Does this mean he has become a Monsignor?

Likes Psinter
  • #4,227
I'm so glad that Linux doesn't have some dangerous command spelled exti. :oldeyes:

• #4,228
WWGD said:
You don't need to know German to tell jokes in German. Germans have assigned numbers to all their jokes. It is more organized that way.
I dare anyone to say I don't recycle ;).

• #4,229
Bookstore has this book : " How to Read a Book". I can't read it until I read it.

• #4,230
WWGD said:
Bookstore has this book : " How to Read a Book". I can't read it until I read it.
Have you opened it? Sounds as if a cat might be trapped in it.

• #4,231
fresh_42 said:
I can't. Since I can't read a book I can't read the one on " How to Open a Book" Godel, any one?

Likes nuuskur
  • #4,232
fresh_42 said:
Maybe you mean Schro's cat?

• #4,233
WWGD said:
Please don't read this reply.

Likes Ibix
  • #4,235
DrGreg said:
Please don't read this reply.

Likes Ibix