What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

In summary, the conversation consists of various discussions about documentaries, the acquisition of National Geographic by Fox, a funny manual translation, cutting sandwiches, a question about the proof of the infinitude of primes, and a realization about the similarity between PF and PDG symbols. The conversation also touches on multitasking and the uniqueness of the number two as a prime number.
  • #4,236
WWGD said:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0671212095/?tag=pfamazon01-20 . Links me to the impossible: Some managed to read it? Alternative logics? EDIT: " I really recommend " Infinite Regress" bookstore!
Motto :" I never meta book I could read". If you need a ride home, pick up the motto and ride it home.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #4,237
Jokes that don't work well in writing ( Nor in any other way, really. From real life)

Have you heard of Greenpeace? Yes, I have them in my salad all the time.

Ok, that didn't go well. Tell us about your favorite rapper. Favorite wrapper? I don't really look at them, I will just, for example, open the candy bar and eat it.

Last edited:
Likes nuuskur
  • #4,238
I had to admit I had never thought of daily specials in restaurants. I have tried a few recently and they have provided a nice amount of food for the money. Side salads, potatos , vegetabless, coffee.

• #4,239
New cleaner has exact same color as mouth wash. If I don't post for a while and someone is looking for me, now you know...

Likes nuuskur
  • #4,240

Likes collinsmark
  • #4,241
Strange attractors? The songs I hear played by youtube always converge on a path of songs I don't like, no matter where I start.

• #4,242
WWGD said:
Strange attractors? The songs I hear played by youtube always converge on a path of songs I don't like, no matter where I start.
The first step towards good music is to throw away the rapper.

• #4,243
fresh_42 said:
The first step towards good music is to throw away the rapper.
I did not eat my Twix today ( neither left- nor right- ).

• #4,244
WWGD said:
I did not eat my Twix today ( neither left- nor right- ).
You are not when you're hungry.

Btw., were there people named Descartes or Schrödinger involved?

• #4,245
fresh_42 said:
You are not when you're hungry.

Btw., were there people named Descartes or Schrödinger involved?
I am not you when either Descartes, Schrondinger ( nor his cat) are involved. EDIT: But you have piqued my interest. Go on...

• #4,246
WWGD said:
I am not you when either Descartes, Schrondinger ( nor his cat) are involved.
I liked the spot with Aretha Schrödinger and René Franklin most.

• #4,247
fresh_42 said:
I liked the spot with Aretha Schrödinger and René Franklin most.
In Korea? ( Aretha, the queen of Seoul).

Likes fresh_42
  • #4,248
Problem is: Since I saw that the Scottish fry Mars bars on television, I can't stop thinking about them whenever it comes to products of that company. I'm haunted.

• #4,249
fresh_42 said:
Problem is: Since I saw that the Scottish fry Mars bars on television, I can't stop thinking about them whenever it comes to products of that company. I'm haunted.
Fried Mars bars? Wattarrrrrrrrrrrrrr! EDIT: While I have not known (of) many Scotts, I have never heard any two speak with a similar accent. I guess they have micro-accent regions of size approaching 1.

• #4,250
fresh_42 said:
... the Scottish fry Mars bars on television...
Scottish televisions aren't that hot, are they?

Likes WWGD
  • #4,251
DrGreg said:
I recognized it, but I was late. @WWGD had already quoted it.

I don't know. Scottsmen are very traditional people, maybe they still use cathode ray tubes in their tvs. They can get hot!

• #4,252
Rob Roy and his Mars bars? How did he fry his?

• #4,253
DrGreg said:
Need to talk like a lawyer on a case or pay the price!

• #4,254
Isn't ( a horse) with no name a way of naming the horse? Could we write a song (to wrap/rap) about that?

• #4,255
But to be honest: If I had to choose between a fried Mars bar and a Haggis, the Mars bar would definitely win. Whether those habits are the reason they have some really good Whiskeys?

• #4,256
WWGD said:
Isn't ( a horse) with no name a way of naming the horse? Could we write a song (to wrap/rap) about that?
Was it this horse?

• #4,257
fresh_42 said:
Was it this horse?
Outside of a set of measure 0 , where it is eating Haggis.

• #4,258
They have a building architecture style called " Brutalist" ,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture which is a style where mostly buildings used for non-popular functions just do not claim to be anything other than what they are. Like a police building for the state force: no coffee nor gift shops. I mean, what can hey have in a gift shop? A teddy bear that says " You can't do that, I know my rights" every time you press it?

• #4,259
WWGD said:
They have a building architecture style called " Brutalist" ,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture which is a style where mostly buildings used for non-popular functions just do not claim to be anything other than what they are. Like a police building for the state force: no coffee nor gift shops. I mean, what can hey have in a gift shop? A teddy bear that says " You can't do that, I know my rights" every time you press it?
That's an euphemism for ugly.

• #4,260
fresh_42 said:
That's an euphemism for ugly.
But that's sort of the point. The function is one that is seen as ugly, so the architect makes no effort to hide the ugliness. They just present it for what it is instead.EDIT: At least as I understood the term.

Last edited:
  • #4,261
It seems like telling someone " Your mom looks really strong" is not always a compliment ( Bet she could power lift?) ?

• #4,262
WWGD said:
It seems like telling someone " Your mom looks really strong" is not always a compliment ( Bet she could power lift?) ?
Well, I guess it depends. Interesting...

• #4,263
MrAerospace said:
Well, I guess it depends. Interesting...
It was a kind of awkward (maybe understatement) reply when someone complimented me. I thought I needed to return it but couldn't think of anything else.

• #4,264
WWGD said:
It was a kind of awkward (maybe understatement) reply when someone complimented me. I thought I needed to return it but couldn't think of anything else.
Still likely better than "Cool Mustache. Who's that? It's my mom...".

• #4,265
I believe chickens aren't real and they are all Turkish turkeys who want to destroy Troy...Howz that for a random thought

Likes nuuskur
  • #4,266
Navin said:
I believe chickens aren't real and they are all Turkish turkeys who want to destroy Troy...Howz that for a random thought
Nice facial hair! XD

• #4,267
MrAerospace said:
Nice facial hair! XD
DARN MY SHAVER ! FIE UPON THAT UNFATHOMABLY EXPENSIVE RUMMAGE OF PLASTIC AND METAL

• #4,268
Navin said:
DARN MY SHAVER ! FIE UPON THAT UNFATHOMABLY EXPENSIVE RUMMAGE OF PLASTIC AND METAL
FIE! ALAS, THY FACIAL HAIR SHALT BE THY DOOM!

• #4,269
MrAerospace said:
FIE! ALAS, THY FACIAL HAIR SHALT BE THY DOOM!

ALAS...FATE BE A CRUEL MISTRESS YET AGAIN !
But fear not navin for thou art having a secret weapon down thy sleve !

* takes out old spice shaving cream and an overtly expensive gillete razor *

MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

MR AEROSPACE THY HOUR HAS COME ! SAY THY LAST PRAYERS !

• #4,270
Two super storms ravaging America and SEA, I am glad I live in a meteorologically stable place.