What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

In summary, the conversation consists of various discussions about documentaries, the acquisition of National Geographic by Fox, a funny manual translation, cutting sandwiches, a question about the proof of the infinitude of primes, and a realization about the similarity between PF and PDG symbols. The conversation also touches on multitasking and the uniqueness of the number two as a prime number.
  • #7,351
ergospherical said:
At home I make scrambled eggs for my dog for breakfast as well 😋
Scrambled eggs are ok. It's the beans and sausages that I fear.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #7,352
Why do you fear beans and sausages?
I mainly fear spiders, and mercury poisoning, and aggressive horses.

• #7,353
ergospherical said:
At home I make scrambled eggs for my dog for breakfast as well 😋
Me too. And I don't even have a dog!

Likes fresh_42
  • #7,354
ergospherical said:
Why do you fear beans and sausages?
I mainly fear spiders, and mercury poisoning, and aggressive horses.
Nothing I would like to see on a breakfast table. And the sausages are suspiciously red.

• #7,355
I suspect fresh's dog is upset about rugby. His team went to Tolouse to lose.

Right fresh? Das gas mit der dog?

• #7,356
WWGD said:
I suspect fresh's dog is upset about rugby. His team went to Tolouse to lose.

Right fresh? Das gas mit der dog?
He went to Paris to meet to-lose and lost. But it was an awful match. Not a single try except that they managed to move one scrum across the line.

• #7,357
fresh_42 said:
He went to Paris to meet to-lose and lost. But it was an awful match. Not a single try except that they managed to move one scrum across the line.
Strange that my first association of Scrum is with Agile, not Rugby.

• #7,358
WWGD said:
Strange that my first association of Scrum is with Agile, not Rugby.
The German word is far better: Gedränge = hustle / crush as on Black Friday Sales.

• #7,359
fresh_42 said:
The German word is far better: Gedränge = hustle / crush as on Black Friday Sales.
For Rugby or for PM?

• #7,360
WWGD said:
For Rugby or for PM?
For Rugby.

• #7,361
fresh_42 said:
For Rugby.
Ultimately never heard about the reason why your dog can't eat sausages and beans. Gas?

• #7,362
WWGD said:
Ultimately never heard about the reason why your dog can't eat sausages and beans. Gas?
We like it sweet at breakfast. My dog stays away from English hotels. I only wonder why they call their breakfast continental. I have never seen such a selection of food on the continent.

• #7,363
fresh_42 said:
We like it sweet at breakfast. My dog stays away from English hotels. I only wonder why they call their breakfast continental. I have never seen such a selection of food on the continent.
What is it they eat? Tomatoes with beans ob toast and eggs? Maybe @ergospherical can tell us?

• #7,364
At hotels I usually get the multicoloured fruit loops cereal from the dispenser thing. ☺️

Likes WWGD
  • #7,365
WWGD said:
What is it they eat? Tomatoes with beans ob toast and eggs? Maybe @ergospherical can tell us?
sumabeans.jpg

• #7,366
fresh_42 said:
Thank you. I am more into bacon, egg and cheese. I wonder if Bacon was into bacon.

Likes fresh_42
  • #7,367
Turkish barber was Turgut to be true.

• #7,368
I just checked the time and realized I've been listening to Christmas songs for over two and a half hours 🧐

• #7,369
ergospherical said:
I just checked the time and realized I've been listening to Christmas songs for over two and a half hours 🧐
If it was this style ...

then it is ok.

• #7,370
Nah I'm talking full on Mariah Carey level stuff, I can't even remember how I ended up on this playlist :oldconfused:🎅

• #7,371
ergospherical said:
Nah I'm talking full on Mariah Carey level stuff, I can't even remember how I ended up on this playlist :oldconfused:🎅
When anything by Carey or Bieber is playing dogs around start their massive howling.

Likes ergospherical
  • #7,372
WWGD said:
When anything by Carey or Bieber is playing dogs around start their massive howling.
It is a shame. Bieber is (of) Celtic (origin).

• Informative
Likes ergospherical
  • #7,373
fresh_42 said:
It is a shame. Bieber is (of) Celtic (origin).
Not hip to your quip. How is his being Celtic relevant here?

• #7,374
WWGD said:
Not hip to your quip. How is his being Celtic relevant here?
One is a douchebag and the other one a warrior. it does not match.

• Haha
Likes ergospherical
  • #7,375
I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky, I could be hurtful, I could be purple, I could be anything you like, got to be green, got to be mean, got to be everything more why don't you like me, why don't you like me, why don't you walk out the door

[my reaction when I've only had this new account for a week and @fresh_42 has already given me 4 infraction points 😥... is this Stockholm syndrome? 😜]

• #7,376
ergospherical said:
I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky, I could be hurtful, I could be purple, I could be anything you like, got to be green, got to be mean, got to be everything more why don't you like me, why don't you like me, why don't you walk out the door

[my reaction when I've only had this new account for a week and @fresh_42 has already given me 4 infraction points 😥... is this Stockholm syndrome? 😜]
2+2. And I changed your title four(!) times before we found a compromise. I find that was cheap.

• #7,377
Yeah but what sounds sexier, M-theory (😑) or Mmmmmmmmm-theory (🥳)?

• #7,378
ergospherical said:
Yeah but what sounds sexier, M-theory (😑) or Mmmmmmmmm-theory (🥳)?
I haven't counted them, but I hope it was 11 'm' the first time. :cool:

Fact is, that the titles are subject to search engines, so icons, smileys, and other oddness disturb the finding process. We have had reports (in both cases) from (more than one) member who complained about 'jokes' on a title in the serious technical forums. We have such a nice word in German that seemingly has no English counterpart (at least my dictionary as well as Wikipedia has no counterpart): 'Welpenschutz'. It describes the fact that puppies enjoy special protection and must not be overly rebuked. We use it for any newbie situation, and since you are now at the old, most honourable University of ... you may have lost your puppy protection. Nevertheless, have a look at your profile.

• Haha
Likes Frabjous and ergospherical
  • #7,379
What's with all the dang Medicare benefits TV commercials? :oldconfused:

• #7,380
dlgoff said:
What's with all the dang Medicare benefits TV commercials? :oldconfused:
Funny, I was just talking to a neighbor about this. She said, just call the local SSA office to get started. They will make you an appointment and then help you thru the process. The commercials are for people who can't look up phone numbers, don't have a cell or a computer, can't read, etc. They get the same benefits but they need help navigating the system.

• Haha
Likes Astronuc and dlgoff
  • #7,381
gmax137 said:
Funny, I was just talking to a neighbor about this. She said, just call the local SSA office to get started. They will make you an appointment and then help you thru the process. The commercials are for people who can't look up phone numbers, don't have a cell or a computer, can't read, etc. They get the same benefits but they need help navigating the system.
I don't need the dang benefits. And I don't need the commercials.

edit: changed wording a little

Last edited:
  • #7,382
Did anyone watch the France x Switzerland game? Pretty mad stuff coming back from 3-1 with nine minutes left and then to knock out France on penalties 😂

Likes pinball1970
  • #7,383
I've ranted about Ebay's slow as molasses shipping before, but one thing that equally stinks is the useless USPS tracking. I was told my package got to a shipping center eight days ago. ...Great. ...Since then, however, I've seen nothing when punching in that USPS tracking number.

This has happened a lot with USPS. They suck. :smile:

As much as I dislike many aspects of Amazon, they at least have very good tracking and are infinitely faster at delivery.

• #7,384
kyphysics said:
useless USPS tracking
(Expensive extra cost) Canada Post tracking tells us when it is shipped (or enters the country) and when it is delivered.

• #7,385
ergospherical said:
Did anyone watch the France x Switzerland game? Pretty mad stuff coming back from 3-1 with nine minutes left and then to knock out France on penalties 😂
Is the World Cup playing in 2022. Qatar? Chinese, Indians still upset when I express surprise that countries like Costa Rica, with 5 million people can qualify, but neither China nor India can.