What Makes the Tiki Bar the Favorite Lounge for Members?

• Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box
In summary: Ummm, I love chicken enchiladas. When do you think it'll be ready? :tongue2:About an hour, come on over. Bring drinks. :tongue2:The Entertainment has a pretty good rack.Welcome to one of the favorite PF lounges--the Tiki Bar (moved from Philosophy to the new location in General Discussion). At the Tiki Bar members can enjoy exotic drinks and great entertainment. The Tiki Bar also offers fine dining or simply relax on the veranda and enjoy the view. Of course the favorite activity of all at the Tiki Bar is the comment box. We like to hear what members are thinking, so
why do I always have to drop by on these times?

Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
chickie baby girl.
:smile:
I wouldn't address anyone with that combo, not even my wife. She would definitely punch my lights out at that! :biggrin:

yomamma said:
why do I always have to drop by on these times?
Bad timing? :biggrin: Learn to plan your entrances carefully.

hmmm...

Astronuc said:
:smile:
I wouldn't address anyone with that combo, not even my wife. She would definitely punch my lights out at that! :biggrin:
I might say it jokingly. I actually had a grilfriend who liked me to call her BubuKittyF***.

bubukittyf***...hahaha!
you shouldn't have said that. people might start referring to you by "bubukittyfu***"

Ugh, I just ate 3/4 of a pound of fried okra and now I think I'm going to vomit. :frown:

ewww...

yourdadonapogostick said:
ewww...
I concur. Why would you do that to yourself Evo?

TheStatutoryApe said:
I concur. Why would you do that to yourself Evo?
I was hungry, they were there, I was reading and the next thing I knew I had eaten almost all of them and I was sick.

reading rots your mind. it wasn't the food, it was the book. :smile:

reading rots your mind. it wasn't the food, it was the book. :smile:
I would probably feel better if I had eaten the book. :redface:

:smile: was it that good of a book? :smile:

reading rots your mind.
I learned that after reading franzbear. I still remember reading those pages :bugeye:

i thought you liked him

Evo said:
Ugh, I just ate 3/4 of a pound of fried okra and now I think I'm going to vomit. :frown:
I like fried okra, and would have the same problem if it just sat there, I'd keep eating. How's your house and electric doing since that storm?

what's okra?

its a slimy snot like veggie

hypatia said:
its a slimy snot like veggie
No, the veggie isn't snot-like, just the slime it creates when you cook it. :biggrin: Actually, if you cook it long enough, the sliminess goes away and it's very tasty. It's good for thickening gumbo too. :approve:

veggimite?

lol I recall my Granny putting a pile of okra on my plate, and I just sat there and cried.

hypatia said:
lol I recall my Granny putting a pile of okra on my plate, and I just sat there and cried.
Aww. Was that the first time you ever saw it? Or had you already decided you didn't like it? The first time I had it, it was fried, and I didn't even know what it was, it was on a buffet when I was a kid and we took a family trip to the south. I loved it and couldn't get enough; kept going back for more. It only took me about another 20 years to rediscover it, and as soon as I saw it, I knew it was what I loved eating at that buffet. Hmm...maybe I should go fry me up some okra now. :approve:

I've had decent okra and I don't mind it in gumbo. I just don't care for the fried stuff. Maybe it's just because my grandmother is a terrible cook.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I've had decent okra and I don't mind it in gumbo. I just don't care for the fried stuff. Maybe it's just because my grandmother is a terrible cook.
I don't think you can do much to ruin fried okra unless it's burnt. That's okay, if you don't like it fried, you'll be all the healthier for it.

yes..i was a okra virgin :redface:

Moonbear said:
How's your house and electric doing since that storm?
:cry:

I bought a new tv (this was my bedroom tv) and I am waiting for the new dsl modem to arrive. I haven't replaced the DVD player yet, I still have one downstairs.

Evo said:
:cry:

I bought a new tv (this was my bedroom tv) and I am waiting for the new dsl modem to arrive. I haven't replaced the DVD player yet, I still have one downstairs.

That sucks to have to replace everything, especially when it was all the new stuff! :frown:

hypatia said:
yes..i was a okra virgin :redface:
Okra can be scary if it's not cooked right. My dad loved it cooked with tomatoes, he liked it slimy.

Fried okra is wonderful (when eaten in moderation). I used to grow it, it's related to the hibiscus and you can really tell by the flowers.

I don't mind if okra is a little slimy, but I prefer it when it isn't. But, instead of frying up some okra, I just decided to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies instead. :biggrin:

i would much rather have chocolate chip cookies instead of okra

i would much rather have chocolate chip cookies instead of okra
Me too, that's why they won.

Seafood Gumbo Recipe

Ingredients:
1 pound sliced okra
1/4 cup shortening
2 Tbs flour
1 chopped onion
1 bunch chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 10-1/2oz. can tomato
2 sprigs chopped parsely
1 bay leaf
1 sprinkle thyme
2 quarts water
1 pound cleaned shrimp
1/2 pound cleaned(1 dozen) crabs
1 tsp. (if desired)file
To taste salt and pepper

Directions:
Fry okra in 2 Tbs. shortening until it ceases to ""rope"", about 30 to 45 minutes. In another saucepan, make a roux with remaining shortening and flour. Cook it until dark brown. Add onions and celery, cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add okra. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, bay leaf, thyme, and meat(or crabs) and simmer for 30 minutes or longer. Remove from heat. If desired, stir in file just before serving(never cook file).

Yield: 6 servings

Note: Gumbo is better if cooked early in the morning and refrigerated for several hours. Reheat and serve with rice. If crabs are used: Scald live hard shelled crabs and clean, removing the spongy substance and the sandbag on the underpart. Break off and crack the claws, and cut the body in half.

Of course, Jamabalaya is an alternative if one does not like okra.

Jamabalaya Recipe

Ingredients:
1 tbslp. oil
1 tblsp. flour
1 c. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 c. cooked cubed chicken
1 can tomatoes
1 tlbsp. minced parsley
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
salt and pepper to tatse
Cajun or Creole seasoning to taste
4 c. water
1 c. uncooked rice

Directions:
Heat oil. Add flour and stir until smooth and light brown. Add shrimp, chicken, and tomatoes, and cook three minutes. Add parsley, Worcestershire saue, onion, garlic, bell pepper, salt and pepper, Cajun seasoning, and water. Simmer 10 minutes. Add rice and boil until tender, about 30 minutes. Keep covered during cooking. Do not stir, but it may be necessary to lift it from bottom of pot from time to time to keep rice from burning.

Yield: 6 servings

More Cajun Seafood Recipes at epicurean.com

at least none of it has vegemite in it

Astronuc said:
Oh, that sounds great! Though, I was expecting crawfish! I don't think you can buy those north of the Mason-Dixon line though, so probably wouldn't matter anyway.

hmm, they serve crawfish in restaurants here. the rednecks call them crawdads

Back