What Makes the Tiki Bar the Favorite Lounge for Members?

• Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box
In summary: Ummm, I love chicken enchiladas. When do you think it'll be ready? :tongue2:About an hour, come on over. Bring drinks. :tongue2:The Entertainment has a pretty good rack.Welcome to one of the favorite PF lounges--the Tiki Bar (moved from Philosophy to the new location in General Discussion). At the Tiki Bar members can enjoy exotic drinks and great entertainment. The Tiki Bar also offers fine dining or simply relax on the veranda and enjoy the view. Of course the favorite activity of all at the Tiki Bar is the comment box. We like to hear what members are thinking, so
A round of Moonbeasts for everyone! Franzbear is back! :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
i'm scared to ask what a moonbeast is.

yourdadonapogostick said:
i'm scared to ask what a moonbeast is.

It's the more intense version of a Moonbear Madness. You do it as a shot. Just have one and you'll see, all your worries will just melt away.

where's astronuc?

Moonbear said:
It's the more intense version of a Moonbear Madness. You do it as a shot. Just have one and you'll see, all your worries will just melt away.
I'm 17, remember

yomamma said:
where's astronuc?
It's the weekend, so he's probably doing yard work. You know, something you could do during the day until you're old enough to get a job. :wink:

yourdadonapogostick said:
i'm 17, remember
Oh, then you'll have to wait 0.6 yr to try one. Have a Bahama Yomamma instead.

yomamma said:
where's astronuc?
Moonbear guest right! What can I get you Moonbear? Another Moonbeat?

Earlier today was yardwork - had to repair cart - scratchbuild as one would say in the modeling business. One of the wheels broke and the model is no longer in production. So I last weekend, I bought parts: new wheels (but 14" instead of 12"), steel rod (0.5" OD), washers (4 x 0.5"), brackets for pipe conduit, 2 pcs PVC pipe (0.5" x 5"), assorted screws, washers and nuts, and two cotter pins. I started putting it together, but I didn't have the appropriate drill bits. The tool steel bits broke, so during the week I purchased some cobalt bits. I tried them this morning with a hand-drill (I don't have a drill press :frown: ) - and the cobalt bits drilled through the stell like butter. Plus I used some teflon spray.

So the cart is repaired. Then I did the usually maintenance and continued landscaping.

Besides, I've been in and out of PF.

And back in the Tiki kitchen experimenting with food - I have a mad scientist approach to cooking sometimes. I like to try new things - but not quite :devil: more like muhwahahaaaa! :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
And back in the Tiki kitchen experimenting with food - I have a mad scientist approach to cooking sometimes. I like to try new things - but not quite :devil: more like muhwahahaaaa! :biggrin:
That's pretty much the way the dinner I'm sitting down and eating now came into existence. It was a sort of, "What do I have in the fridge that can go together into a meal?" Fried up some hot Italian sausage, added some tomato, orange bell pepper and frozen spinach, then realized I had two sliced of cooked bacon and the onions I cooked in the bacon drippings last night (they went on loaded baked potatoes that were last night's dinner...very tasty), so tossed those in, realized my garlic had gone moldy, so had to resort to a couple dashes of garlic powder, then added a can of chicken broth, brought it up to a boil, and mixed it with some pasta. It's pretty tasty. I think it would be even better with a more bitter vegetable than spinach (like when you get sausage and broccoli rabe...except I can't get broccoli rabe around here, and the rare times I've seen it, they've stripped off all the leaves! That's the good part! :cry: Idiot produce managers ). And I'm washing it down with a Sam Adams Summer Ale, which I've decided is a little too light for my taste. I thought it would go better than the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale with a pasta dish, but it seems I was wrong. Oh well.

you were in the kitchen?! you didn't look in the left cabinet did you? :rolleyes: forget what you saw, I can't cook. (just don't tell sos what I did to her wall)

Is that what that festering pile of moldy gunk was? The least you could have done was toss it in the dumpster rather than hide it in a closet.

do you serve fried franzbear here?

Moonbear said:
Is that what that festering pile of moldy gunk was? The least you could have done was toss it in the dumpster rather than hide it in a closet.

just don't tell SOS what it did to the wall. and don't open that cabinet until the people from BIOpro get here

YDOAPS said:
do you serve fried franzbear here?

unfortunately, no. we do have a franzbear frenzy drink. that's the strongest drink here. even stronger that flying zoobies

Moonbear said:
That's pretty much the way the dinner I'm sitting down and eating now came into existence. It was a sort of, "What do I have in the fridge that can go together into a meal?" Fried up some hot Italian sausage, added some tomato, orange bell pepper and frozen spinach, then realized I had two sliced of cooked bacon and the onions I cooked in the bacon drippings last night (they went on loaded baked potatoes that were last night's dinner...very tasty), so tossed those in, realized my garlic had gone moldy, so had to resort to a couple dashes of garlic powder, then added a can of chicken broth, brought it up to a boil, and mixed it with some pasta. It's pretty tasty. I think it would be even better with a more bitter vegetable than spinach (like when you get sausage and broccoli rabe...except I can't get broccoli rabe around here, and the rare times I've seen it, they've stripped off all the leaves! That's the good part! :cry: Idiot produce managers ). And I'm washing it down with a Sam Adams Summer Ale, which I've decided is a little too light for my taste. I thought it would go better than the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale with a pasta dish, but it seems I was wrong. Oh well.
Hey, I am coming over to your place for dinner! All that sounds good. Sierra Nevada is better than Sam Adams, but then I have had mixed experience with Sierra Nevada. One place - there beer was good, but another time - it tasted as though it had been overheated. I think some people are just not careful with the way they ship or store beer.

Next time, I'll bring the Sierra Nevada. Have you ever tried Samuel Smith's Pale Ale or Nut Brown? They're quite good.

Moonbear said:
I was going to make a special kind of Bleu Cheese with that, or perhaps a new antibiotic. :biggrin:

and speaking of Bleu Cheese - one can make cheese balls :biggrin:

Amt . Meas . . Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-----------------------------------------
. 8 . Ounces . . Cream cheese -- softened
. 2 . Ounces . . Bleu cheese
. 3 . Tsps . . . Chopped celery
.1/4 . Cup . . . Chopped onion
. 2 . Tbls . . . Dried parsley
. 2 . Tbls . . . Dried chives (optional)

Chopped pecans or walnuts -for rolling

Mix all ingredients; form into balls. Roll in chopped pecans or walnuts;
chill.

Astronuc said:
I was going to make a special kind of Bleu Cheese with that, or perhaps a new antibiotic. :biggrin:

and speaking of Bleu Cheese - one can make cheese balls :biggrin:
Tell you what, you bring the cheese balls as an appetizer and I'll cook the main course. :biggrin:

One of my ex-boyfriends taught me how to cook. I could always follow recipes and make enough food to survive on, but he's the one who taught me to be more daring with ingredients and gave me some pointers on basic ingredients you can combine with almost anything. When I got my first apartment, his "house" warming gift to me was to stock my fridge! :biggrin: Though, I think that had a lot to do with him worrying I'd starve myself if left to do my own shopping. There were also many times when I'd call him up when I got home from the lab, gave him the list of things I had in my fridge and asked him what I should make for dinner, and he'd give me some quick recipe ideas. Now I've learned my lesson...never let a man who can cook get away! :frown:

Moonbear said:
Tell you what, you bring the cheese balls as an appetizer and I'll cook the main course. :biggrin:
OK, who do I see about getting the PF Supersonic RV? Actually, could we upgrade it to hypersonic? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Now I've learned my lesson...never let a man who can cook get away! :frown:
So where is this guy now? Is he still available? Just give us his coordinates, and MIH and I can go get him. :biggrin:

We'll definitely need the Supersonic RV. :biggrin:

Astronuc, do you know where Arctic Fox is?he wrote in his journal that he'd leave here and I've not seen him around! :confused:

Lisa!, it would appear that ArticFox has had a dispute with the PF administrators, perhaps related to at least one thread of which I am aware.

AF is leaving on his own accord, as far as I know. Perhaps you can contact him by PM or email through the profile. Or you could contact him at his own website.

Thank you.

I miss playing in the kitchen. I hope that cooking is like riding a bike because I'm pretty sure when I get to it again I will be pretty rusty. Maybe I'll cook something tonight, I just worry about waking everyone up with the clatter since I don't get home until after midnight.

Astronuc said:
So where is this guy now? Is he still available? Just give us his coordinates, and MIH and I can go get him. :biggrin:

We've stayed friends, but sadly, he's no longer available. He's happily married with an adorable little son...too late now. :cry: We were compatible in every way except having careers that worked together. He was an engineer and is now a lawyer, but both professions require licensing/passing exams to practice that you have to retake in every state you work in, and you all know how nomadic my career is. He'd no sooner pass his exams and we'd have to move to another state again. Neither of us ever wanted to hold the other back professionally, that was the main reason we didn't stay together or ever get back together...there were other issues of immaturity of our relationship at the time as well, but had the career thing not been an issue, we would have worked those out as we have in the process of staying friends. No point crying over spilled milk. I have realized what is and isn't important in relationships as an outcome, and would probably reprioritize the relationship/career balance much differently if it was an issue on a second time around.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I miss playing in the kitchen.
Ooh, are you flirting? :blushing: :!) :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Ooh, are you flirting? :blushing: :!) :biggrin:
Mmmmmmaybe.. :wink: :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
... and you all know how nomadic my career is. He'd no sooner pass his exams and we'd have to move to another state again. Neither of us ever wanted to hold the other back professionally, that was the main reason we didn't stay together or ever get back together...
You got to give up them nomading ways, girl! Or hook up with another nomad. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
You got to give up them nomading ways, girl! Or hook up with another nomad. :smile:
The problem with hooking up with another nomad is they end up nomading in completely different directions from me! :smile:

TheStatutoryApe said:
Mmmmmmaybe.. :wink: :biggrin:
:blushing: :shy: Well, I suppose if I can't find any decent guys in WV, I should consider importing one. Now, where did SOS leave that male order catalog?

Moonbear said:
The problem with hooking up with another nomad is they end up nomading in completely different directions from me! :smile:
Well, the does seem to be some parallel movement at the moment (viz. Amercian girl thread). :biggrin:

Hey wait a sec... the next thing I know I'm going to have ninja pirates packing me into a crate and sending me to WV. :biggrin:

TheStatutoryApe said:
Hey wait a sec... the next thing I know I'm going to have ninja pirates packing me into a crate and sending me to WV. :biggrin:
Ooh, I hadn't thought of that yet. Thanks for the suggestion! :biggrin:

Okay, what's the strongest drink we have around here? Give me two of those!

Moonbear said:
Ooh, I hadn't thought of that yet. Thanks for the suggestion! :biggrin:

Okay, what's the strongest drink we have around here? Give me two of those!
You're on!

Lisa! said:
You're on!
Wow! That's some drink! It doesn't even have a name, just stares back at you! :eek: Okay then, down the hatch! *cough* *cough* Mmm...smooth. :biggrin:

Moonbear, I finally find out why you d this recently!Congratulations!

Lisa! said:
Moonbear, I finally find out why you d this recently!Congratulations!
:confused: Come again? Is there a word missing in your sentence? Thanks...I think?

Moonbear said:
:confused: Come again? Is there a word missing in your sentence? Thanks...I think?
:wink: :rolleyes: :wink: it could have 2 reasons but... :-p

Back