What's the Etymology of your PF Name?

• Thread starter Les Sleeth
  • Start date
In summary, the names given to players' personal flight forms in Pokémon seem to be based on people or things with meanings that the player might find confusing or unpleasant. Some of the names (like Boulderhead) are not very creative, while others (like Les) are based on personal experiences. Franznietzsche is a combination of two famous authors who may not be popular with the player.
Posts 58 & 59 were on topic. We're just hijacking, I mean keeping the thread going until more members share their stories.

BTW, Boulderhead, where is YOUR story? or did I miss it. :blushing:

Physics news on Phys.org
He still hasn't posted it yet, the bum.

franznietzsche said:
I actually haven't read the The Castle either. I've read The Judgement, The Metamorphosis and Conversation with the Supplicant. Great stuff all of it. I have In the penal colony, and A Hunger Artist (its a one volume collection), but i haven't read them yet.
Oh, I am so glad I didn't tell you the end of The Castle. In the Penal Colony was the first story I read. I still can't use a rotiserrie without thinking of that story.

penal colony. is it too Bevis and Butthead if I laugh at that? I'm not here, just woke up to use the bathroom, going back to bed now

I read The Metamorphosis first, for 11th grade english and immediately after read The Stranger by Camus(for the same class). I need to start reading Dostoevsky, just because of all the references to him in Nietzsche and the influence on Kafka.

Evo said:
Oh, we'd be a great pair. I'll be wallowing in a cloud of perfume and you'll be getting dressed and undressed all night. :smile: I think the guys will find you more interesting. :biggrin:

Only one guy has ever borne witness to this behavior of mine. He said it made for a very LONG night. He didn't mind that I was taking my clothes off, but then I kept wanting to put them back on a few minutes later. :smile:

Moonbear said:
Only one guy has ever borne witness to this behavior of mine. He said it made for a very LONG night. He didn't mind that I was taking my clothes off, but then I kept wanting to put them back on a few minutes later. :smile:

Moonbear, you're such a disappointer. Teasing himlike that, its just not nice. Tsk tsk.

franznietzsche said:
Moonbear, you're such a disappointer. Teasing himlike that, its just not nice. Tsk tsk.

Um, it wasn't teasing, it was foreplay. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :biggrin:

franznietzsche said:
I read The Metamorphosis first, for 11th grade english and immediately after read The Stranger by Camus(for the same class). I need to start reading Dostoevsky, just because of all the references to him in Nietzsche and the influence on Kafka.
I also enjoy Dostoevsky.

Moonbear said:
Um, it wasn't teasing, it was foreplay. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :biggrin:

Foreplay implies you had...relations...withhim afterwards. Is this one of your dirty stories tribdog keeps alluding to?

Evo said:
I also enjoy Dostoevsky.

Is it too much to hope that there is a younger version of you around my age somewhere?

This thread is swinging wildly between erudite and titillating!

Math Is Hard said:

but those are the two best parts of life!

Really the only parts worth themselves for their own sake.

franznietzsche said:
Foreplay implies you had...relations...withhim afterwards. Is this one of your dirty stories tribdog keeps alluding to?

:blushing: Yeah, no point in throwing me into the volcano. I can't satisfy that virginity requirement the volcano gods have. Sorry to disappoint.

Math Is Hard said:

Yeah, pretty funny.

Moonbear said:
:blushing: Yeah, no point in throwing me into the volcano. I can't satisfy that virginity requirement the volcano gods have. Sorry to disappoint.

Damn, i guess we'll just have to keep ya...dang it... :wink:

But we can still throw Saint in!

Moonbear said:
We found an open minded volcano god, he'll take whatever he can get. :approve:

Evo said:
We found an open minded volcano god, he'll take whatever he can get. :approve:

:smile:

Well, I'll let the erudite discussion take over. I'm heading to bed (to sleep that is).

franznietzsche said:
Is it too much to hope that there is a younger version of you around my age somewhere?
Yes, I'm afraid it is. :frown: I was a bookworm, a weird bookworm. :wink:

Evo said:
Yes, I'm afraid it is. :frown: I was a bookworm, a weird bookworm. :wink:

Damn, you got me all hopeful that maybe there were girls out there with interesting things to say that did not involve 'The OC' and the Americaninvention of yoga... I'm so disenchanted right now.

Ok, there is a probability that there is one girl your age out there like me. Now you have hope. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Ok, there is a probability that there is one girl your age out there like me. Now you have hope. :biggrin:

Clever Evo, but not clever enough. A probability, but not necessarily a significant or even nonzero probability.

Come on now, I read Kafka, you didn't reallythink i would fall for that, did you?

franznietzsche said:
Clever Evo, but not clever enough. A probability, but not necessarily a significant or even nonzero probability.

Come on now, I read Kafka, you didn't reallythink i would fall for that, did you?
I know, it was a lame attempt to give you hope. :redface:

Evo said:
I know, it was a lame attempt to give you hope. :redface:

Downright cruel. No hope is better than false hope, no matter what they say. I'd rather be Gregor than Grete.

Well, as noted by Les in the first post, my name is pretty self explanatory. An interesting side note, pertaining to my infamous spelling abilities, I was initially Intergral, thankfully, after I realized the error, Greg fixed it for me!

A final, but unimplimented part of the initial scheme, was to always sign off with "That Sums it up".

Integral said:
A final, but unimplimented part of the initial scheme, was to always sign off with "That Sums it up".

That is really corny, and yetstill entertaining. Althoughit would ahve lost its humour after a while.

Intergral said:
I was initially Intergral ...
What's wrong with that? That's how our president pronounces it. :smile:

Evo said:
When I was 14, I had not read "The Castle", I think I had read everything else. I went once a week to an "artsy" theatre that played some off the wall movies and one week they were playing "The Castle". It was pretty interesting, the land surveyor comes to this village that has a hold on it by this mysterious, foreboding Castle. He is just about to go to the castle and discover what this dark secret is when (wait, I don't want to ruin this for anyone that doesn't know).
That was close. One more detail and it would all have been given away. At least you didn't mention the assistants... o:)

franznietzsche said:
That is really corny, and yetstill entertaining. Althoughit would ahve lost its humour after a while.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up. :biggrin:

Evo said:
I also enjoy Dostoevsky.

Yeah, two of my favorite books are Crime and Punishment and The Idiot.

Hey, as moderator I think you should PM Boulderhead and tell him to get his story out or you are making one up for him involving the moon and drunken bears . . . :smile:

Les Sleeth said:
Yeah, two of my favorite books are Crime and Punishment and The Idiot.

Hey, as moderator I think you should PM Boulderhead and tell him to get his story out or you are making one up for him involving the moon and drunken bears . . . :smile:

:eek: BoulderHead was there too!? I'm never going to live that night down. :cry:

has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe Boulderhead can't remember why he was named that? He's not exactly the sharpest knife in the cupboard.
In fact, has it ever occurred to anyone that perhaps Boulderhead is his given name?

Funny story. So I’m sitting on the computer and I find PF. It asks me for a username, and I have no idea what to type. By chance, my physics book happens to be right next to me. So what I do is, close my eyes, open the book, take my index finger and VOILA!..Decibel

I had never seen a moon so fool before or since…

Moonbear said:
:eek: BoulderHead was there too!? I'm never going to live that night down. :cry:
It was one of those embearassing moments. :blushing:

BoulderHead said:
It was one of those embearassing moments. :blushing:

Or could it have been an em-bare-assing moment? :smile: