Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #3,886
jtbell said:
WHAT DO YOU CALL POSTING IN ALL UPPERCASE LETTERS LIKE THIS?

A capital offense.
I've been posting my numbers in upper case all along. Just noticed it last night. :blush:

Likes Stavros Kiri
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,887
Noisy Rhysling said:
I've been posting my numbers in upper case all along. Just noticed it last night. :blush:
$&$%?

• #3,888
mfb said:
$&$%?
"...and for gosh sakes, watch your language!"

• #3,889
Noisy Rhysling said:
Careful - shouting some numbers makes them larger. E.g. 5 is just five, but try shouting it: 5!=120.

Likes mfb
  • #3,890
Ibix said:
Careful - shouting some numbers makes them larger. E.g. 5 is just five, but try shouting it: 5!=120.
And not to forget the dangerous echo: ##5^{5^{5^{5^{5^{\,\dots}}}}}##. It might cause an avalanche!

Likes AlexCaledin, BillTre and Ibix
  • #3,891
Riddle: What type of fish does a bird like to sit on?

• #3,892
Charles Link said:
Riddle: What type of fish does a bird like to sit on?
Perch

Likes Charles Link
  • #3,893
There's a joke about a blue bird made of mahogany. It would be great if I could remember it.

Wouldn't it?

If you don't get this, it's a pun on the last line, that sounds like a response to the first sentence.

Joke by Tim Vine.

Likes Charles Link
  • #3,894
DrGreg said:
There's a joke about a blue bird made of mahogany. It would be great if I could remember it.

Wouldn't it?

If you don't get this, it's a pun on the last line, that sounds like a response to the first sentence.

Joke by Tim Vine.
It wood !

• #3,895
One of the items in the chain's menu was named "The Feast" , and its number was 13. 13 --not 666 -- is the number of the feast ?!

• #3,896
667 - the neighbour of the beast
2 3 3 37 - the prime factorisation of the beast
vi vi vi - the editor of the beast

Likes fresh_42
  • #3,897
Ibix said:
Always wondered how Roman engineers built all those aqueducts, etc. with such system: XVI times MCD minus LVII = ...?!?

• #3,898
Ibix said:
Actually, 13 is the feast and one of its neighbors is the Biryani: I would tell them Biryani factors as 23 29 , but I already have a reputation and I don't want to end up in a straight jacket.

• #3,899
vi.png

• #3,900
fresh_42 said:
And not to forget the dangerous echo: ##5^{5^{5^{5^{5^{\,\dots}}}}}##. It might cause an avalanche!
That's some kind of maths joke, right?

• #3,901
WWGD said:
Always wondered how Roman engineers built all those aqueducts, etc. with such system: XVI times MCD minus LVII = ...?!?
They didn't use all that stuff in the system you speak of, they just built them by...[COLOR=#black]..[/COLOR] ɪ

Likes Ibix
  • #3,902
A few very old one-liners of the sort "She was only a <fill in the blank> daughter...":

• She was only a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.
  • She was only a rancher's daughter, but all the cow manure.
  • She was only a clergyman's daughter, but you couldn't put anything pastor.
  • She was only a statistician's daughter, but she knew all the standard deviations.

Likes Noisy Rhysling, OmCheeto and davenn
  • #3,903
Mark44 said:
A few very old one-liners of the sort "She was only a <fill in the blank> daughter...":

• She was only a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.
  • She was only a rancher's daughter, but all the cow manure.
  • She was only a clergyman's daughter, but you couldn't put anything pastor.
  • She was only a statistician's daughter, but she knew all the standard deviations.

... She was only a signalman's daughter because her dada did dit

That's especially for @berkeman a fellow radio op :smile:

Likes berkeman, OCR and Ibix
  • #3,904
WWGD said:
See #2 in this thread: Unit conventions (SI versus others)

Likes OCR
  • #3,905
davenn said:
That's especially for berkeman...
What is for berkeman... ?
Dah-dah dah-dah-dah di-dah-dit di-di-dit dit, Dah-di-dah-dit dah-dah-dah dah-di-dit dit. [COLOR=#black].[/COLOR]?

• #3,906
OCR said:
What is for berkeman... ?
-... . .-. -.- . -- .- -. apparently.

Likes OCR and davenn
  • #3,907
Likes Ibix and davenn
  • #3,909
@OCR and @Ibix

do you 2 have radio operator backgrounds either commercially, military or amateur radio ?

• #3,911
davenn said:
do you 2 have radio operator backgrounds either commercially, military or amateur radio ?
Not really. My Dad knew Morse from the army and I picked up some of the conventions from him (dah/di/dit for verbalising dashes and dots, for example), but I don't actually know Morse (not the whole alphabet, anyway). Enough to get your "dada did dit" joke. I'm just using the Morse/text translator OCR and I have been linking since #3904.

Likes OCR and davenn
  • #3,912
My mother-in-law and brother-in-law are both hams, though... my MIL is here right now, love her, she's an... :angel:

Yeah...
Ibix said:
I'm just using the Morse/text translator OCR and I have been linking since #3904.

Likes davenn
  • #3,913
"Darling, where's my lunch?"
"Cookbook, page 42."

Likes david2
  • #3,914
OCR said:
They didn't use all that stuff in the system you speak of, they just built them by...[COLOR=#black]..[/COLOR] ɪ
?

• #3,915
fresh_42 said:
"Darling, where's my lunch?"
"Cookbook, page 42."
Is the choice of 42 Random?

• #3,916
WWGD said:
Is the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_in_The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Infinite_Improbability_Drive random?

Likes mfb and davenn
  • #3,917
WWGD said:
He just multiplied six by nine and there it was.

Likes davenn
  • #3,918
WWGD said:
?
I/eye, I think.

• #3,919
Ibix said:
He just multiplied six by nine and there it was.
In what unit(s)?