Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
  • #1,996
Instead of the orange headband, I'd like to "glow" or maybe have a sparkler. Or maybe a wig like Borek's..YEAH, I want a Borek wig!

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,997
Seems like Evo's ready for a brand new start.:D
27 000 posts? Meh, who cares:p

• #1,998
Evo said:
YEAH, I want a Borek wig!

green_wig.jpg

Likes edward and Evo
  • #1,999
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Everyone has to admit the wig is much better than the bandana.

spell check keeps trying to change bandana to banana :mad:

• #2,000
RonL said:
The only one that has had an affect on me is Monique's avatar, she has such a beautiful eye, (I just accept the thought that it is her real eye) the banner is just too close to the blue.
As for the banner, it is so much help, maybe something as simple as a big star.:)

I think it's photoshopped. Though, I'm pretty sure it's her eye. We're friends on FB.

pf.2014.11.22.1709.moniques.eye.jpg

Though, when I wear my blue PF t-shirt, people tend to avoid me. I think hazel eyes reflect what you are wearing.
Blue eyes are just too intimidatingly sexy.

She also shares some of the most incredible videos in the world.

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-1/c7.0.40.40/p40x40/1911943_10203123722364595_1106501404_n.jpg?oh=f842f76810b1f9892dd7dff0e4560ca2&oe=54D8B139&__gda__=1427890162_ae3a657095b71eb791a9d22205954b96
OmCheeto; You win my "Best FB Share Award of the Decade", with that. ps. It only took 4 hours to download. Fortunately, I had many other things going on today while waiting. pps. Don't be afraid to share more of these videos.

ps. Tom Mattson and Cyrus are doing well. And Moonbear should be landing in Honolulu about now. She's starting a long overdue vacation.
pps. Scratch that. She landed in Honolulu 29 minutes ago. 82°F.
ppps. I do believe that it is "I hate Moonbear week".

Likes RonL and Enigman
  • #2,001
OmCheeto said:
I think it's photoshopped. Though, I'm pretty sure it's her eye. We're friends on FB.

Though, when I wear my blue PF t-shirt, people tend to avoid me. I think hazel eyes reflect what you are wearing.
Blue eyes are just too intimidatingly sexy.

She also shares some of the most incredible videos in the world.

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-1/c7.0.40.40/p40x40/1911943_10203123722364595_1106501404_n.jpg?oh=f842f76810b1f9892dd7dff0e4560ca2&oe=54D8B139&__gda__=1427890162_ae3a657095b71eb791a9d22205954b96
OmCheeto; You win my "Best FB Share Award of the Decade", with that. ps. It only took 4 hours to download. Fortunately, I had many other things going on today while waiting. pps. Don't be afraid to share more of these videos.

ps. Tom Mattson and Cyrus are doing well. And Moonbear should be landing in Honolulu about now. She's starting a long overdue vacation.
pps. Scratch that. She landed in Honolulu 29 minutes ago. 82°F.
ppps. I do believe that it is "I hate Moonbear week".
Thanks Om,
I might just be infatuated with the reflection of the little white puppy dog at the bottom of the blue:) ?
My computer is very slow to play the link, I'll get to it later.

• #2,002
RonL said:
Thanks Om,
I might just be infatuated with the reflection of the little white puppy dog at the bottom of the blue:) ?
My computer is very slow to play the link, I'll get to it later.

As I posted, it took 4 hours to download that one. Her second one took 6 hours.
You simply have to learn how to adapt to such adversities.
I just clicked on the links, then mowed the lawn, did some laundry, cooked some food, ate, washed the dishes, watched 10 minutes of video, then repeated.
It was quite worth it though.
Oh, this is a funny coincidence. He spent 28 years at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. I almost went there last month.

Likes Medicol
  • #2,003
I haven't been following this thread because once you get behind there's no point in trying to catch up, so I won't even know if anyone responds to this unless I'm either quoted or "liked" for it and get an alert.
Something just happened that raised a question. If you do something really stupid and nobody ever knows about it, can you be embarrassed or merely regretful? The dictionary definition of embarrassment doesn't actually make that distinction, although it does say that to embarrass is for one person to make another feel that emotion. It makes no mention of one imparting it upon oneself.

Likes Borek and edward
  • #2,004
Grey roses and pink daisies...
Girls are weird.

• #2,005
OmCheeto said:
I just clicked on the links, then mowed the lawn, did some laundry, cooked some food, ate, washed the dishes, watched 10 minutes of video, then repeated.
Oh, this is a funny coincidence. He spent 28 years at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. I almost went there last month.
Thanks Om, for the good information in the last post;) you are a good friend to have:).
Will you go EE when you enroll ?

• #2,006
Evo said:
Instead of the orange headband, I'd like to "glow" or maybe have a sparkler. Or maybe a wig like Borek's..YEAH, I want a Borek wig!

I thought it was a halo.

• #2,007
RonL said:
Thanks Om, for the good information in the last post;) you are a good friend to have:).
I wasn't planning on enrolling. There was a science fair. Greg, Anna, dlgoff, and Greg's Mom were there! Probably a good thing I didn't go. I would have hugged them all to death.

Anyways, two things:
a. I'm too old for university. (I think my brain was full by the time I was 18. Ever since then, I've had to push something out to put something new in.)
b. The http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_dropout_billionaires , so getting a degree would get in my way of becoming a trillionaire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes RonL
  • #2,008
OmCheeto said:
OmCheeto said:
I wasn't planning on enrolling. There was a science fair. Greg, Anna, dlgoff, and Greg's Mom were there! Probably a good thing I didn't go. I would have hugged them all to death.

Anyways, two things:
a. I'm too old for university. (I think my brain was full by the time I was 18. Ever since then, I've had to push something out to put something new in.)
b. The http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_dropout_billionaires , so getting a degree would get in my way of becoming a trillionaire.
I'm not aware of anyone on PF that I know in person.
I have been trying to work up the nerve to take a 10 minute drive and attend a "brown bag lunch" with Steven Weinberg and the theory group at UT:) give them a real contrast of reality:D.

The idea of extending my education (formally) has dimmed a bit, think I'll just put it in the hands of PF:eek::D

• #2,009
OmCheeto said:

I dropped out during the second year of my Computing Science course at Imperial College London in 1975, mainly because I was fed up with a lack of access to computing! I'd previously worked for IBM for several months a pre-university student, with a "green screen" on my desk, so I was used to sub-second mainframe access. (It's amazing how much I have to put up with which is nowhere near that fast 40 years later).

I immediately got a job with a software house writing systems stuff for IBM mainframes (well, actually, the job offer came before I decided to drop out) and for some years I was admittedly doing a lot better than many of those who stayed on the course.

Some years later, after being rejected for a better job apparently for the lack of a degree, I decided to work for one through the UK Open University (and eventually got first class honours in Physics and Maths) but by the time I finished it, IBM had already signed me up as an experienced programmer, and I've been stuck there ever since, with them gradually pulling the rug from under their loyal employees.

Likes edward, OmCheeto, Medicol and 1 other person
  • #2,010
being in love sucks...

• #2,011
nuuskur said:
being in love sucks...
As one with over 50 years of practice, I say you might have something wrong:)

Likes edward and OmCheeto
  • #2,012
RonL said:

I think he means:

Or maybe:

• #2,013
I need that woman in my arms..god damn it. Can't study at 100% like this xD Like I said, being in love sucks (and is impractical)

• #2,014
OmCheeto said:
Yes, it seems, but as a dropout, I find it hard to earn a living or any decent job to make ends meet.
I want to go back to school but there have always been things I need to do before thinking about going back. :D

Likes RonL
  • #2,015
Medicol said:
Yes, it seems, but as a dropout, I find it hard to earn a living or any decent job to make ends meet.
I want to go back to school but there have always been things I need to do before thinking about going back. :D

If the option exists, I agree with you. I posted a Readers Digest version of my story a while back. You don't even want to get me going on the full version. I don't like rehashing the story, as people always want to poke holes in it.

int main ()
{
string str;
do {
cout << "Them; Well, it sounds like you just weren't applying yourself. Did you try such and such?";
cout << "Me; Yes. And here's why that didn't work. Blah blah blah. Do you have any more rhetorical questions?";
getline (cin,str);​
} while (str != "no");​
}

For some reason, It always ends up being an infinite loop.

If the option exists, get a degree.
If it isn't in the stars, try and make lemonade.
It worked for me.

• #2,016
Danger said:
I haven't been following this thread because once you get behind there's no point in trying to catch up, so I won't even know if anyone responds to this unless I'm either quoted or "liked" for it and get an alert.
Something just happened that raised a question. If you do something really stupid and nobody ever knows about it, can you be embarrassed or merely regretful? The dictionary definition of embarrassment doesn't actually make that distinction, although it does say that to embarrass is for one person to make another feel that emotion. It makes no mention of one imparting it upon oneself.

I get PO'd at myself if I do something stupid that causes me extra work. I only get embarrassed if other people are aware of it.

Likes Danger and OmCheeto
  • #2,017
OmCheeto said:
University of Wisconsin–Madison. I almost went there last month.
You should have. Really nice facility and lots of students. IIRC ~50k undergrads.

Likes OmCheeto
  • #2,018
Danger said:
If you do something really stupid and nobody ever knows about it, ...
If you've done something stupid here, someone's watching. Just sayin'.

• #2,019
dlgoff said:
You should have. Really nice facility and lots of students. IIRC ~50k undergrads.
Actually it's
Enrollment, Fall 2014
Undergraduate:

http://www.wisc.edu/about/facts/

• #2,021
dlgoff said:
I'm on a stupid roll, so I think I'm going to log off now.
Aw, poor DL, you were just thinking closer to total enrollment.

• #2,022
nuuskur said:
being in love sucks...
dkotschessaa said:
I think he means:

Or maybe:

Finally had time to watch:) now let's look at the flip side of things:D

• #2,023
OmCheeto said:

Haha! I just notice this post today (after following a link on full brains). Yes it's photoshopped in two ways: everything except the pupil is converted to grayscale and the skin is blurred to make it an even texture. Whether it's my eye or not, or whether the previous one was, who's to know...

Likes RonL and Lisa!
  • #2,024
Monique said:
Haha! I just notice this post today (after following a link on full brains). Yes it's photoshopped in two ways: everything except the pupil is converted to grayscale and the skin is blurred to make it an even texture. Whether it's my eye or not, or whether the previous one was, who's to know...
Ah! the mystery is part of the beauty in imagination.:)

• #2,026
My insurance company wrongly billed a family member and, before we could dispute it, charged my credit card. They told me two months ago that I would get a refund but I had to wait 6 - 8 weeks. Today I was told that no refund was issued and that it would have to be 'resubitted'. Time for the nuclear option with their billing department... :mad:

• #2,027
Borg said:
My insurance company wrongly billed a family member and, before we could dispute it, charged my credit card. They told me two months ago that I would get a refund but I had to wait 6 - 8 weeks. Today I was told that no refund was issued and that it would have to be 'resubitted'. Time for the nuclear option with their billing department... :mad:
A man-made black hole for sure, good luck, you'll come out with scar tissue I think:eek::(

Likes Borg
  • #2,028
Monique said:
who's to know...

You.

• #2,029
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

• #2,030
I saw that WannabeNewton was online so I thought I'd snoop on him :D Turns out he was reading the forum list and snooping on someone else himself :p

led-zeppelins-jet-the-starship1.jpg

Likes RonL