Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
where and how did you find that? i mean the picture.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The picture for riddle 6 was oldoak-a.jpg. I figured there must be a oldoak-b.jpg

I can't figure out the keyword for Riddle 9. I believe I found the context:That was not a forest, that were the impaled inhabitants of Tirgoviste!

try stakes

psst : what's the color that hides this best ? White doesn't work too well...

I fixed it for you. The color is

dduardo said:
I fixed it for you. The color is
Got it...thanks !

Any ideas on the next one ?

Change stakes.htm to stakes.mp3

It is hard for me to decipher what they are saying. Are they saying:"Take me out of here?"

"Take me away"

yeah, i think for level 8 its referencing beethoven's 9th symphony. but then that has nothing to do with the stuff in the source code. so maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is one freaky voice though lol.

Gale That was my guess too, so I tried choral.htm and beethoven.htm - neither worked

yeah, i tried that too, i think maybe its the sixth
now.. but i can't get that to work either. grr, stuck... do you think the stuff in the source code means anything?

Last edited:
Wind? Rain? What comes next? Thunder?

That doesn't seem to be it either.

Okay...got it...never mind. Should've got it before !

<<tempest>>

Last edited:
How the heck did you get that? Wow

[edit] It looks like we are nearing the end. The flow of the story has been following Castlevania II pretty well.

The next one is:

directions, if you didn't know...

yeah, i noticed that too. all i get with google are hints for that game.

I looked into Castlevania, but not castlevania II...

Any luck with the name ?

Nope, still working on it.

ok, so for figuring out this guys name. clue 6 says that the 6th and 7th letters are in Am, so they're ACE. then clue 9 says that if you saw the world through a mirror the fifth note is i.. but the fifth note backwards is the 6th note, which has to be ACE... so i don't get it... other than that, i used the chart dduardo posted early for clue 5. clue 2 is m? what else would it be?? for 7 i took away the letters that appear in frozen from fire and got i. and you 'c' when you open your eyes. that's all I've got so far.

so...SPOILERS AHEAD

The first letter is C...I think that the third letter is W...any luck with the others?

Gale, I'm not sure you can trust the table I posted a page back. I don't think we were supposed to see that until later.

Yomamma, yes, the M would be inverted.

okay...I got more:

Clue #2 s self-explanitory, it's W
Clue #4 says to take the achievable(possible) away from the impossible. impossible-possible= im
Clue #5 say it's in place. (1,6) first row of your keyboard, siz letters in is y
Clue #8 says the first letter is what you do when you open your eyes, c
Clue #9 say if you saw the world through a mrror, letter 5 would be i. since there are 7 letters total, letter 5 is 2 away from the end...but in a mirror, letter 3 is what we're looking for, so letter 3 is i.

Which means: C-IWY--

since there are only clues for the first seven, no.

yomamma, you got I and W reversed.

Clue 4 gives you positions 3 and 4:

M and I

but clue 2 gives you position 3:

M flipped which is W

there are 10 letters in the name, so (in the mirror) 5 goes to 6

there's only seven letters...that it tells you

i get letters overlapping a lot.. i dunno..

Gokul43201 said:
there are 10 letters in the name, so (in the mirror) 5 goes to 6

Yes, that is what I was saying...but this doesn't make any sense.

<If letters 6 and 7 are from the minor chord of 440 hz, then letter 6 simply cannot be I, since I is not a musical note. Right?>

P.S. On the main page containing the clues, is states that "my name has ten letters."

yomamma is using clue 3 to say how many letters there are.

Could the fifth letter in (1,6) be R from the Vigenere grid dd discovered earlier ?

Lotsa possible contradictions between the clues. Only fairly sure abt C_W...

yomamma is using clue 3 to say how many letters there are.
How does that work ?

Grr...gotta go now...

Last edited:
no one's gotten any further?

Gale said:
no one's gotten any further?

Not really, I'm about ready to start trying random ten letter words that begin with C. It could take a very long time...but maybe not as long as getting it from these clues...:smile:

I'm back...and I bring trouble :

<<"There is a large street in the place where I rest...remove it and you shall have the first two letters of my name..."

place where I rest = grave
large street = ave (for avenue)

grave - ave = gr : first 2 letters !
>>

what the... ??