Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
Based on castlevania 2 ,"13 clues solve Dracula's Riddle." I think we are really close since we are at 12

Physics news on Phys.org
oh...I thought I saw 7 several times...

yomamma said:
oh...I thought I saw 7 several times...

I believe that the 7th riddle had multiple parts.

Mk, what's your point..?

Perhaps the X and 0 are alternating bright and dark?

its alternating something.. but before i even knew about the zeros hint i was trying to cross out every other letter in whatever i did.

BIG CLUE!

i wrote in eimscnuemvlitosmse which is every other letter of each word, and it says transpose the matric and read row by row

well, if you alternate letters and erase every other letter starting with #2, you get Eims Otnu Vlit Osmse..
whoops, gale already got it

Ohh, So close.

cmon, anyone figure out how the mean to transpose the matrix, nothing i try is working.

I got it...the anser is evilmistconsumesme.htm

well, I'm stumped on level 13...any ideas?

I think the she that is watching is: Elizaveth Bartley/Bathory

Atleast that's the next enemy on the list. We've already gone through vlad and the grim reaper

I found out that some band "the Jam" has a song called "Wasteland" if that has any meaning

My guess is that there are three different phrases. Where ever there is a zero the respective letter doesn't get used. The arrows should be followed to know which order the letters go in.

Last edited:
i sort of got ghostlyopaquesky when i moved all the letters around according to the charts. zero's mean a letter stays still, otherwise you move it where the arrows say. but the next level seems..yeah..

edit: the source code still says 13 so maybe i didn't get the right answer... but it did something.. makes me think that maybe the game just isn't finished...

Ooh, good work all.

Gale said:
i sort of got ghostlyopaquesky when i moved all the letters around according to the charts. zero's mean a letter stays still, otherwise you move it where the arrows say. but the next level seems..yeah..

edit: the source code still says 13 so maybe i didn't get the right answer... but it did something.. makes me think that maybe the game just isn't finished...

There is a zip file hidden in a period on that page. Highlight to see it or check the source.

Holy crap, it is a pretty freaky video. (::is sitting in a dark dark room lol::)

i don't get it... how do i get the zip? i saw that in the souce code but it only says .zip? i see nothing on the page./

Okay (thanks for the warning), that's something I do not want to check out until tomorrow morn...nite all !

Gale said:
i don't get it... how do i get the zip? i saw that in the souce code but it only says .zip? i see nothing on the page./
The link is a period on the page. Its hard to click but you can do it.

In the video, the second time you see the face there are letters written on it...the answer has something to do with that.

oh wtf, you just click randomly allover the page?!?

edit: found it, but lame...

yeah, and how does that help anything?

Gale said:
oh wtf, you just click randomly allover the page?!?

edit: found it, but lame...

yeah, and how does that help anything?

It opens a zip file for you and it contains a video. Watch it and you will find the answer. Well actually another clue.

Few, finally moved on to the next one.

Last edited:
yeah, i saw

I think you need to solve the other two squares?

I'm going frame by frame to see if their are any clues.

[edit]Done, the only text is on the second scary face and it says: "Erido"

Last edited:
i had the right answer. it brings you to a black page with a link to a zip file which you watch for the next clue. when you solve the next clue you go to the next puzzle.

dduardo said:
I think you need to solve the other two squares?

Here:

<<Type the answer Gale gave into the address bar, and you come to the page with the period link. Click the link (a period) and then watch the video contained in the zip file. The second face you see has the word erida written on it. Type erida into the address bar and then it will ask you "who is she". She is the goddess of hate. So type goddessofhate into the address bar and you're done.>>

yeah, you figured out what they want from this next level yet? prefixes that mean happen again... "re"? that's all i can think of, and i don't know how they want me to use that.

Gale said:
yeah, you figured out what they want from this next level yet? prefixes that mean happen again... "re"? that's all i can think of, and i don't know how they want me to use that.

Yeah...I'm not really sure. When it said to watch out or you'll set it free, I was thinking something along the lines of release but it didn't work.

i thought the same. I'm not good at these riddle ones.

god damn you people are smart...
by the way.. i noticed on that clue with the grim reaper standing in the town
if you go back to number 4.. it says "there is a man in the town of alba who's identiy no one knows. ask him for directions. you'll have to find a way to tell Lies from truth".. i figured the clues that start with a captial letter must be lies? that's why everything got so messed up?

You have to analyze the wording very carefully: "Watch your step around these cliffs, or you will set it free."

Set the cliff free? Set Deborah free?

Boxcutter said:
god damn you people are smart...
by the way.. i noticed on that clue with the grim reaper standing in the town
if you go back to number 4.. it says "there is a man in the town of alba who's identiy no one knows. ask him for directions. you'll have to find a way to tell Lies from truth".. i figured the clues that start with a captial letter must be lies? that's why everything got so messed up

Yeah...I wasn't even thinking about the lies, which is a perfect explanation for the contradicting answers that we received. So I think you hit the nail on the head.

dduardo said:
You have to analyze the wording very carefully: "Watch your step around these cliffs, or you will set it free."

Set the cliff free? Set Deborah free?

Does this mean you have the answer and are holding out, or are you offering wisdom? ::smile::

I'm trying to offer wisdom. Thinking aloud might spark something.