Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
  • #1,436
isn't there a chance that this clue has nothing to do with lovecraft?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,437
ei reggie, what have you got so far? just got back.

• #1,438
@56

request to boxcutter: if you are to add or change the clues, please don't do it in the picture (.jpeg file) cos some browsers are not able to open the source from the picture file. thanks.

we'll get this one...but I am not sure if its going to be me. :cry:

• #1,439
reggie: should we concentrate more on the "dark" and find out what's missing? i found randall flag aka dark man, char from the dark tower. also, i found out that lovecraft painted a dark picture which is actually missing in the picture.

BUT sad to say, that's not it.

• #1,440
Boxcutter said:
speedy: for 53. if you use windows you can right-click the jpeg file and select "properties" and there will be info about the file there.

yup, i know. but I am using apple with safari browser and it won't show. then i downloaded a firefox browser and all the letters were in a mess. but that's ok. i got past that level thru the help of some friends. :biggrin:

• #1,441
im getting my dinner break. i need more sugar for my brain to function well. be back in a few

• #1,442
hi reggie! any news?

• #1,443
nope.. nothing.. niet.. zilch!

• #1,444
have you tried backtracking?

• #1,445
Seems I'm the only one online right now...

I actually DREAMT about this riddle last night, which is kind of ironic, seeing as how we're dealing with Lovecraft, that gave me a chuckle...

No leads yet on my part... back to the grindstone

• #1,446
Anyone who figured something out?

• #1,447
haha, nope...

it seems the first ones to go to sleep are also the first ones to hit the riddle

• #1,448
Lolisch :P

• #1,449
I'm not going to lie, this one is tough, there hasn't been a riddle like this for me where I didn't even know remotely where to look...

• #1,450
Gregulator said:
Seems I'm the only one online right now...

I actually DREAMT about this riddle last night, which is kind of ironic, seeing as how we're dealing with Lovecraft, that gave me a chuckle...

No leads yet on my part... back to the grindstone

thats scary..i dreamt about it too!..:eek:

• #1,451
iggy_killer said:
thats scary..i dreamt about it too!..:eek:
haha, serious, I saw Lovecraft's portrait more than a few times while I was dreaming, and I had a weird dream about Beyond the Wall of Sleep, because I read that short story before I finally went to bed...

This is crazy...

• #1,452
Hmm..serously.. this thing has got to do with lovecraft, or else I'll go crazy

• #1,453
I'll be starting up again pretty soon...you guys better not be done when I get back.:wink:

• #1,454
Someone who hade many names is probably dead.. and "it is their creation" is probably referring that we might not be looking for that person with many names, and instead we might be looking for a creation about the person with many names...

• #1,455
I hate this -.-

• #1,456
Has anyone found out anything that might be of value?

• #1,457
ummm not exactly no...
the only thing remotely close to good was that marduk guy

imma going to go eat now...be back in like an hour

Last edited:
  • #1,458
Ain't this just great? xD

• #1,459
I'm still working on the painting is missing stuff..
hmm.. does anyone here know of any painter that had many names?

• #1,460
Zarii said:
Ain't this just great? xD
It is great.

Last edited:
  • #1,461
*yawns*

A quick shower, a glass of OJ, and I'm back!

*hugs everyone*

Let's get this cracked!

*pours through her open windows*

• #1,462
not off the top of my head, but let me look real quick on something I've heard of...

• #1,463
i skimmed an article that said something about Lovecraft mixing literature and science...Their creation perhaps?

• #1,464
This riddle makes me irritated.. I've been constantly chewing on something since I woke up this morning :)

• #1,465
okay people, you DO NOT need more information about lovecraft. get off google for a while and just think

• #1,466
Spontanius thoughts here is that the relics/the painting is missing.. and that dracula had many names

• #1,467
*giggles*

Eeek, thinking! Whatever shall we do?

• #1,468
:)

Me don't know

• #1,469
Omega and Greg are probably quite good at thinking logical, come on, you can do it xD

• #1,470
Man, I think I'm getting close to it, now that I know where not to look...