Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
  • #2,136
FranklinDR said:
Uhhh... magic?

On a brighter note, I somehow ended up with "Dry Math" from the anagram solver. Maybe this is some sort of morbid joke?
Haha..

o_O what anagram solver?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,138
you get dram myth too...but I've tryed that

• #2,139
This cannot be a simple anagram thingie. We have to use somehow the grids.

• #2,140
Yeah, but I keep having an urge to do it like a word find. So far I have found "mersqn", "groaz", "waup", and "traucd" - some of them are lamost words.

Ok, back to staring blankly at the grid.

• #2,141
Haha.. my father is working on it too, I kinda commanded him to solve it for me xD

• #2,142
haha well that's how u get it done..make someone else do it

• #2,143
haha nah, I can think by my own,it's just that, i think that I'm thinking the same thought over and over again.. going around in circles :P

Btw.. he gave up -"I'm to tired for this"

Well, I'm taking my scissor, some paper and this riddle and I'm going to lie down staring at my cieling for a while trying to solve this puzzle of hell..

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,144
it seeMs soMeone is Trying to confuse You, Doesn't it?

MAYBE it's an incredebly obvious answer with nothing to do with the letters or the grid, and he's trying to confuse us.

Well, that's how it would work in MY little world.

• #2,145
FranklinDR said:
it seeMs soMeone is Trying to confuse You, Doesn't it?

MAYBE it's an incredebly obvious answer with nothing to do with the letters or the grid, and he's trying to confuse us.

Well, that's how it would work in MY little world.

LOL, that would be something! But i don't think it's the case though.

I'm asking myself: WHY is x the point where to start from? I know, because the riddler said so :smile: But... maybe this starting point is set by a rule/method that will help us to find the next point.

• #2,146
Se you all in a little while, I'm going to watch Family guy and then Gladiator on tv.. Good luck, and as always, If you figure out the answer don't forget about me :)

• #2,147
Ok, I'm headed out for a few hours, when I come back I want to see the answers all the way up to 70. Good luck!

• #2,148
Blargh. Anyone have any useful hints for 60? None of the words I'm trying work, and they all look like they should fit :-/

• #2,149
*curls up and brings out food from her picnic basket and munches quietly*

((out to lunch))

• #2,150
ffutahw said:
Blargh. Anyone have any useful hints for 60? None of the words I'm trying work, and they all look like they should fit :-/

There is a very good hint given by Zarii a few pages back. And you'll have to find more than a single word.

• #2,151
Do you think one might find out the answer on 61 by just trying to find that 8 letter long word without having to use the compassthingy?

• #2,152
Zarii said:
Do you think one might find out the answer on 61 by just trying to find that 8 letter long word without having to use the compassthingy?

Honestly, no. I don't think it is there just because.

• #2,153
Kaya said:
Honestly, no. I don't think it is there just because.
Me neither.. but hope is the last thing that leaves the human body :)

• #2,154
I have to go now. Good luck everybody!

• #2,155
How are Greg and Omega doing with this riddle then?
Reached 61?

(Don't know if you're online but, you'll probably read this sooner or later)

• #2,156
Omi is still at work, from the looks of it, and I'm sure Greg would have peeped in at some point if he were awake...

*pokes at Omi and Greg's sleeping bodies*

Yeah.. they're out cold.

*wipes her mouth with a napkin*

Lunch is over! Time to get back to this conundrum...

• #2,157
ffutahw: the first row, the square in which the H is is brighter than the square in which the U is. sorry for making it so unclear. try increasing the contrast in some image editing program

• #2,158
so hows everyone doing on 61?

• #2,159
Haha.. not very good..to be honest xD

• #2,160
((I was walking around lunch with a pad of paper and the letters scribbled on it while I was walking... oh so many walls to avoid...))

• #2,161
haha yea..im stumped myself

• #2,162
Blargh. I could have sworn I had 60...
< I eliminated the shaded/lighted letters, and descrambled the remainder to get "forsakenthreads" but it still isn't working. I think I'm getting closer though.>

• #2,163
Boxcutter said:
ffutahw: the first row, the square in which the H is is brighter than the square in which the U is. sorry for making it so unclear. try increasing the contrast in some image editing program

No, it's ok, you aren't responsible for my own shortcomings :devil:

• #2,164
Boxcutter said:
ffutahw: try using another system for descrambling them.. remember: it's getting darker...

Thats what I was doing initially before the hint to ignore the ones with shadows. Going from brighter to darker squares with the shaded ones removed is making it exceedingly difficult to form any words. I'll keep at it though. Urgh, the medium red color needs vowels dammit!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,165
Lala.. *I'm singing in the.. ehm.. dark?*

This ain't going well, I've almost given up finding a sistem.. at this point I'm just guessing words

• #2,166
Boxcutter said:
ffutahw: the shaded ones removed... what about the glaring lights?

I have the ones with the bright background removed as well. Are they supposed to remain?

• #2,167
i'm not sure what you mean by bright background, seeing as some of the squares are bright

• #2,168
Boxcutter said:
i'm not sure what you mean by bright background, seeing as some of the squares are bright

I meant the ones that appear to have lights behind them as opposed to shadows.

• #2,169
Whatever the case, I got to get out of here, so I'll get back to it tomorrow. Maybe it'll come to me tonight.

• #2,170
Whatever the case, I got to get out of here, so I'll get back to it tomorrow. Maybe it'll come to me tonight.