Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
  • #2,416
MelodyKitn said:
Ffhut.. o_O I'm boggled.. (I think I understand now)

(And could you point out what page the whole controller idea came from... I can't find the post)

I can't find it either. he must have edited it out or deleted it, but he was quoted in one post.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,417
My ideas have turned up zilch so far.

• #2,418
So.. think of the mini grid as a controller... hmmm..

controller/compass...

*knocks on her head*

This is confusing me...

• #2,419
Wheres a game genie when you need one x.x;;

• #2,420
*giggles*

((I have some work to input into the computer, so I can't think of the puzzle for a few.. I'll be right back ^^))

• #2,421
I got it! <oh, omega already used this joke, nevermind...>

• #2,422
In all seriousness though. I keep getting close to words, but no actual results. irritating...

• #2,423
i must be braindead, i still can't get past 45 :(

• #2,424
45 took some doing. You'll breeze through some, and spend ages on others. Don't get disheartened or down yourself, you got this far!

• #2,425
*walks up from behind the mansion*

mkay what's up guys...ive got some ideas..ive only tryed once but ill tweak it somemore

< mkay in the osurce code you have this...

ABC|DEF|GHI|JKL|MNO|PQR|STU|VWXYZ

i was thinking that this has to do with the controller...abc's go NW, def goes N...but how many steps? well i did it with the position it is on the line
a=1nw b=2nw c=nw d=1n...etc...ive tryed it once i didnt get much, but ill try different methods...id just like to share and see if anyone has many inspiration from it

EDIT: by using this u will get 1nw 1ne 3s 1se 1se 2sw 4w 1n by using the caps in the source
>

Last edited:
  • #2,426
((I actually have to do work in the office right now, so I can't test my theories out... but will try to soon ^^))

• #2,427
iggy_killer said:
*walks up from behind the mansion*

mkay what's up guys...ive got some ideas..ive only tryed once but ill tweak it somemore

< mkay in the osurce code you have this...

ABC|DEF|GHI|JKL|MNO|PQR|STU|VWXYZ

i was thinking that this has to do with the controller...abc's go NW, def goes N...but how many steps? well i did it with the position it is on the line
a=1nw b=2nw c=nw d=1n...etc...ive tryed it once i didnt get much, but ill try different methods...id just like to share and see if anyone has many inspiration from it
>

I dunno. It's possible. But Boxcutter did say that the riddle was possible without the new hint, and this was just added to clarify it for people who subsequently get here. It's worth looking into though, nothing else has worked yet. I'm still playing with some whacky Ideas I had.

• #2,428
err so far with my tweaking..i didnt get much..sometimes ran off the grid...err I am sure we have the right directions..just not the right amount of steps...

• #2,429
Yeah, I think we know how to use the compass... at least I'm assuming we know the directions to head in...

It's just knowing the number of steps to go in those directions that baffles us.

*flies up to the rafters and shakes her head*

Puzzling...

((Out to Lunch))

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,430
ERR...where is everyone...i swear if we don't get this one by 2day I am going to get my elephant gun...

• #2,431
I'm swamped here at work :-/

• #2,432
is anyone making anymore progression?..my idea kinda got shot down

• #2,433
((I'm actually at work and can't look at the puzzle for long enough to do anything *cry*))

• #2,434
omfg! I effin got It!

Last edited:
  • #2,435
i had one mistake the whole time...dang

• #2,436
nice going iggy killer!

• #2,437
yea..right when i got on today and read everyones post since i left last nite..i had a feeling it was something like that...haha i always seem to have the answer or the correct way to get it but always mess up on it

geeze boxcutter..this next one sure does have a lot to work with...

*puts sarcsim back into pocket*

Last edited:
  • #2,438
So Iggy's the new hero for the day

((Dangit, and here I am still stuck at work -,-))

*kisses Iggy on the cheek*

So those were the numbers we were missing...

Iggy, you're a genius ... (without the elephant gun)

((so.. hard.. to concentrate at work... must... concen-... oh screw this!))

*knocks down the door, but falls through the barrier as soon as the secret words are said...*

Iggy?...

*stares at the room in awe*

Oh dear... what have we gotten ourselves into now?...

• #2,439
ugh...for one...how many letters r "her first letters"?

• #2,440
so ... hmm.. is it her name or the initials of her name?...

well... at least it's not you-know-who *grins*

Maybe she wrote letters?

• #2,441
hmm they don't seem to be asking anything..idk...maybe there is a second part

• #2,442
Okay, will keep searching... ah, she sure is vague, isn't she?

*stares and squints at her*

• #2,443
MelodyKitn said:
Okay, will keep searching... ah, she sure is vague, isn't she?

*stares and squints at her*

Just give her a good ol' slap. That is what I did (well it didn't work, but it feels good).

• #2,444
she needs one...cuz she isn't coughing anything up...everything i throw isn't working

• #2,445
Omi!

*giggles and hugs him, avoiding the previously stabbed wooden stake still in his torso and then whispers*

...my wings aren't as shabby...

*straights up and tilts her halo forward and nudges Iggy*

Soo... maybe I was wrong about that elephant gun?...

*yells out*

OLD!

*meeps and gets struck towards the face, but brings her arm up in time to defend and gets scratched*

*steps back with the rest of the guys*

Okay... so.. calling her OLD wasn't it... (used the clues Iggy tried, minus a letter...)

*sniffles and cries, holding her arm*

• #2,446
hmm maybe..we will see...if this one takes 3 days like that grid then yea..ill get it...im trying 2 look at the fine details in the picture...like the window...seeing if there is anything strange about it

• #2,447
Only thing I see off of the picture is that it lies... looks more purple than ruby to me...

*whimpers, still holding her arm*

• #2,448
well i love purple..its my favorite color...the letters in the picture seem weird...like they were cut outta a picture...but maybe not

• #2,449
I'm more partial to green myself *grins as her wings flop*

She sure does sting...

Also, looks like she's holding a stick of some sort...

• #2,450
MelodyKitn said:
I'm more partial to green myself *grins as her wings flop*

She sure does sting...

Also, looks like she's holding a stick of some sort...

Are you guys serious...blue is the best color. Green...pfft

Hmm...that stick looks similar to what I stabbed you with earlier...:wink: