Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #5,776
Art resembles life.

Moonbear, If you want to sculpt turtles I could pose one for you.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,777
zoobyshoe said:
It's "bologna" or "baloney" not "balogna".
I didn't like it as a kid, and still don't! Okay, who else has to sing the Oscar Mayer jingle to spell bologna? :redface:

• #5,778
Moonbear said:
But ask me to sketch an illustration of hypothalamic nuclei in a brain slice, and I'll include such incredible detail, you'd swear I traced it ..
Different subject bring out different levels of concentration. Next time you draw an animal, pretend it's a slice o' brain.

• #5,779
Huckleberry said:
Art resembles life.

Will it stand still if I touch it all over to get the feel for it? You know, sculpture is all about feel.

• #5,780
BullcycleSlinger said:
I think zooby is only bitter that he has never reached my accomplished status as an artist.
I am a bitter, bitter zoobie.

• #5,781
zoobyshoe said:
It's "bologna" or "baloney" not "balogna".
I can spell it any way I like. Hmm, sounds familiar. It is spelled well enough to be recognizable.

• #5,782
zoobyshoe said:
Different subject bring out different levels of concentration. Next time you draw an animal, pretend it's a slice o' brain.
If I draw it from a photo, I can sometimes get something halfway realistic looking. I seem to be backward of most people. A lot of people have trouble taking a 2-D image and visualizing it as 3-D. I'm great at that. But when it's the other way around, taking a 3-D object and trying to draw it in 2-D, well, maybe you could call it cubism. :-p

• #5,783
Moonbear said:
Will it stand still if I touch it all over to get the feel for it? You know, sculpture is all about feel.
Turtles under observation will do exactly as they damn well please. I can't make any guarantees. I can always hold it in place for you.

• #5,784
BicycleTree said:
(I'm kidding. I've never sold any art in my life. But that's how you seem to be acting, zoobyshoe)
Bitter? Not really. From the description your doodles sound very interesting. It's your demented ruminations I'm leary about.

• #5,785
zoobyshoe said:
I am a bitter, bitter zoobie.
Aww, let me sprinkle some sugar on you, that should help. :!)

• #5,786
Huckleberry said:
Art resembles life.

• #5,787
Huckleberry said:
Turtles under observation will do exactly as they damn well please. I can't make any guarantees. I can always hold it in place for you.
Is it a spitting turtle? If so, we're going to have to put a muzzle on it. Once that's taken care of, I have an appropriate turtle restraint device if we need it.

• #5,788
Huckleberry said:
I can spell it any way I like.
You can, yes. I'm just telling you the way people who can spell spell it.
It is spelled well enough to be recognizable.
The proof is in the taste. I wouldn't eat "balogna".

• #5,789
Moonbear said:
Aww, let me sprinkle some sugar on you, that should help. :!)
No! It will cling to my zoobie hair and I'll wake up with an ant colony all over me in the morning!

• #5,790
Be explicit.

• #5,791
zoobyshoe said:
You can, yes. I'm just telling you the way people who can spell spell it.
I've never been facinated by very proper people.

Moonbear said:
Is it a spitting turtle? If so, we're going to have to put a muzzle on it. Once that's taken care of, I have an appropriate turtle restraint device if we need it.
Spitting turtles? Do they do that? I've never seen a spitting turtle but we can muzzle it just in case. The restraining device won't hurt it, will it?

• #5,792
zoobyshoe said:
Be explicit.
My sculptures are! :-p

• #5,793
Be explicit:

Moonbear said:
Will it stand still if I touch it all over to get the feel for it?

• #5,794
Huckleberry said:
I've never been facinated by very proper people.
Yes you have.

• #5,795
My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R, my bologna has a second name, it's M-E-Y-E-R, Oh! I like to eat it every-day!AND IF YOU ASK ME WHAT I'LL SAY! Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!

I had to do that

• #5,796
zoobyshoe said:
Yes you have.
I can't think of any. If I have then it's not because they are proper.

Bologna. There we go. Now I'm proper again. 6795

• #5,797
I am preparing anhogs and towels for my zoobie dinner.

• #5,798
Now they're ready, and I'm going to sit and eat them.

• #5,799
]He's gone to eat Everyone, let's feast!

oops, don't let the zoobies awaken!

• #5,800
zoobyshoe said:
I am preparing anhogs and towels for my zoobie dinner.
It's always important to get fiber in one's diet, even for zoobies. :approve:

• #5,801
zoobyshoe said:
Now they're ready, and I'm going to sit and eat them.
Mmmmm, I wouldn't mind some of that. :-p

• #5,802
I still can't make small text! :mad:

• #5,803
yomamma said:
I still can't make small text! :mad:
Pssst...yes you did.

• #5,804
no I din't, it's huge!

• #5,805
yomamma said:
no I din't, it's huge!
In #7088, that's the small font. That's as small as it gets.

• #5,806
Now, my zoobie dinner is finished.

• #5,807
Moonbear said:
In #7088, that's the small font. That's as small as it gets.
It's bigger than normal text

• #5,808
yomamma said:
no I din't, it's huge!

All you have to do is highlight the text you want reduced with your cursor and then click 1 in the size drop down box

or you can just type around the text you want to make small.

• #5,809
Evo said:
All you have to do is highlight the text you want reduced with your cursor and then click 1 in the size drop down box

or you can just type around the text you want to make small.
I did that, and in post 7088, everyone says it's small, but to me it's bigger than normal text

• #5,810
yomamma said:
I did that, and in post 7088, everyone says it's small, but to me it's bigger than normal text
No, it's small.

Back