Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #5,846
cronxeh said:
For all intensive purposes...

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,847
Public Key

For all intensive purposes.

• #5,848
Fine you dipstick, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES

• #5,849
hmm you want to take it to the flame thread? bring it on pal!

• #5,850
cronxeh said:
if you have to send me an email that is highly-top-uber secret and don't want the NSA to know what you wanted to tell me, use the public key

its a 4096 Diffie-Hellman/ElGamel key. For all intensive purposes, unless they build quantum computers and use Shor's algorithm tomorrow, you can be sure they won't crack that message in next 10 years
Why waste the technology? Just send the e-mail to Bush in plain English and let him tell the NSA about it. They won't know what the hell you said for at least 50 years.

• #5,851
:smile:

Bush, Dick, and Colon were sitting in an oval office looking at Rice.. :smile:

• #5,852
Public Restroom Key

Not For Everyone
For Customers Only

• #5,853
hehe.. my password is 37 digits long :biggrin:

• #5,854
my password is 37 digits long

Who Cares?

• #5,855
cronxeh said:
if you have to send me an email that is highly-top-uber secret and don't want the NSA to know what you wanted to tell me, use the public key

its a 4096 Diffie-Hellman/ElGamel key. For all intensive purposes, unless they build quantum computers and use Shor's algorithm tomorrow, you can be sure they won't crack that message in next 10 years
Unless of course they click on the link and get the key too. :rolleyes:

• #5,856
cronxeh said:
hehe.. my password is 37 digits long :biggrin:
Hey, thanks for the help. I wasn't sure where to start trying to crack it. :bugeye: But, that's less of a password and more like a passsentence! Let's see, 26 letters of the alphabet, 10 digits from 0 to 9, and one underscore. Yep, that must be it. :approve: :-p

• #5,857
nope. a password with different special letters, numbers, and some words that have no linear relationship to each other, no underscores

and you need the public key to encrypt the message to me - that's why i have it there

but to decrypt it you need the secret key (which is on my hard drive) plus the password (which is 37 symbols long)

• #5,858
I am yellow.

• #5,859
cronxeh said:
but to decrypt it you need the secret key (which is on my hard drive) plus the password (which is 37 symbols long)
I'd never be able to read my own messages. I can only remember 3 digits at a time. (Well, 7 if it's a really worth-while phone number.)

• #5,860
cronxeh said:
nope. a password with different special letters, numbers, and some words that have no linear relationship to each other, no underscores

and you need the public key to encrypt the message to me - that's why i have it there

I'm thinking you're the kind of guy that knows or knows someone who knows a lot about computer security. How do I send secure emails, with certificates and stuff? Where do keys come in? Do you remember your 36 charachter password? Or do you have to store it? Is it random, or one of your own? Thanks.

• #5,861
Evo said:
Well, Doc, if you're going to get into trouble, Moonbear and I will make sure it was worth it. :-p

Yesssss!, it's working...I can play both sides with impunity! :biggrin: :devil: :biggrin: :devil: Oooh, did I say that last part out loud?

• #5,862
Huckleberry said:
A dog bed can be easily brought into the bedroom.

We only do that on "special" occasions. :rolleyes: :blushing:

• #5,863
Oh? We do that at all my parties.

• #5,864
zoobyshoe said:
I am yellow.
You're YELLOW! (actually you're gold)

Way to go zoobie! :approve:

• #5,865
SOS2008 said:
Why don't you come up and see the sisterhood sketchings some time? Good? Does it matter? :-p
The sisterhood is showing it's etchings? :wink:

• #5,866
Moonbear said:
My turtle sketches really need improvement. Maybe I should switch to sculpture?
Nothing like an outstanding turtle sculpture. :wink: :biggrin:

I'll bet you do wonderful turtle sculptures. :smile:

:rolleyes: She buying any of this, Danger?

I better run.

• #5,867
Moonbear said:
Will it stand still if I touch it all over to get the feel for it? You know, sculpture is all about feel.
We need a slowly blinking smilie.
I guess this will have to do.

• #5,868
Guys! There were 254 posts I had to read to get caught up, since 5:30 yesterday! Don't you people sleep?!

254 POSTS!

• #5,869
If I miss more than 20 I don't read more than the last 5. You're like Danger, he read like 100 and replied to all of them in one long post!

• #5,870
Mk said:
If I miss more than 20 I don't read more than the last 5. You're like Danger, he read like 100 and replied to all of them in one long post!
There are a lot of them that I would have liked to reply to right after they happened, that just won't fly now. But yeah, I read all of them, (even BT's).

• #5,871
DocToxyn said:
Yesssss!, it's working...I can play both sides with impunity!
Don't develop tunnel-vision here, lad. I know it's tempting, but stay alert. Those two will try to keep you occupied in a variety of bizarre (and enjoyable) ways, then when you're all smug and complacent and panting heavily, MIH and SOS will sneak up and jab you in the ass with a blunt needle. Then next thing you know, you wake up duct-taped to a futon in Singapore.

Artman said:
:rolleyes: She buying any of this, Danger?
It's hard to tell for sure, but I doubt it.

Artman said:
I better run.
Better safe than sorry.

Mk said:
You're like Danger, he read like 100 and replied to all of them
Is that all? :confused: It felt like a hell of a lot more at the time.

Last edited:
  • #5,872
Danger said:
Then next thing you know, you wake up duct-taped to a futon in Singapore.

Funny, I was hoping to start there... :biggrin: .

• #5,873
DocToxyn said:
Funny, I was hoping to start there... :biggrin: .
Well in that case, you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy!

• #5,874
Danger said:
Don't develop tunnel-vision here, lad. I know it's tempting, but stay alert. Those two will try to keep you occupied in a varitey of bizarre (and enjoyable) ways, then when you're all smug and complacent and panting heavily, MIH and SOS will sneak up and jab you in the ass with a blunt needle. Then next thing you know, you wake up duct-taped to a futon in Singapore.
Ah, the voice of experience. You forgot to mention the missing kidney.

Danger said:
It's hard to tell for sure, but I doubt it.
Darn, me too.

Danger said:
Is that all? :confused: It felt like a hell of a lot more at the time.
Yeah, like 254!

Danger said:
Better safe than sorry.
I'll just sneak out the backdoor. :-p Have fun.

• #5,875
Artman said:
Ah, the voice of experience. You forgot to mention the missing kidney.
A kidney would be okay. That's not what they took.

Artman said:
I'll just sneak out the backdoor. :-p Have fun.
Right behind you (but not too close behind). Gotta go to work.

Last edited:
  • #5,876
Do you guys get any sleep :zzz: I just got back from getting 2 fillings, so I'm going to evo's thread to complain

• #5,877
Artman said:
Guys! There were 254 posts I had to read to get caught up, since 5:30 yesterday! Don't you people sleep?!
Of course not. I thought you already knew that. :smile:

• #5,878
Do you hibernate in the winter?

• #5,879
yomamma said:
Do you hibernate in the winter?
Nope, but I shed my skin, Evo has to be sheared (could be just a sheep suit, but she's fun to shear non-the-less), SOS bites the head off of mates and...

Oh you just want to know why we don't sleep. :redface: I thought you were looking for our biological anomalies. :redface:

• #5,880
Artman said:
Nope, but I shed my skin, Evo has to be sheared (could be just a sheep suit, but she's fun to shear non-the-less), SOS bites the head off of mates and...

Oh you just want to know why we don't sleep. :redface: I thought you were looking for our biological anomalies. :redface:

Actually, I do tend to hibernate in the winter...or at least I would if I could! :biggrin: I really need to move someplace with warm winters.

Back