Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #5,986
Danger said:
I suspect that you're not really clear on what a vasectomy is.
I know, and I consider it entirely different than a slow strangulation and eventual castration of my most private of parts. Okay, not so private, but you get the idea.
I thought we were all done with that.
You know me, always have to have the last word. I was hoping nobody would notice. :biggrin:
I was right the first time; you bastards did do it to me again. At least a dozen of these posts showed up after I started this 3 hours ago.
That's the plan :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,987
Math Is Hard said:
We've recently discovered that acidophilus is very helpful for this problem. :smile:
:smile: Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking anything when I read that! I'd have been pulling an Evo if I was. :smile:

• #5,988
Huckleberry said:
I know, and I consider it entirely different than a slow strangulation and eventual castration of my most private of parts. Okay, not so private, but you get the idea.
As long as you're willing to share them with me, I might let you hang onto them. :biggrin:

• #5,989
Moonbear said:
:smile: Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking anything when I read that! I'd have been pulling an Evo if I was. :smile:
Everybody has to be known for something I guess :biggrin: There are worse things.

As long as you're willing to share them with me, I might let you hang onto them.
Thank goodness. I'm rather attached to them. OK, that was bad.

• #5,990
Huckleberry said:
Thank goodness. I'm rather attached to them. OK, that was bad.
No worse than my suggestion. :redface:

• #5,991
*gets out of the fridge through the rear hole I was digging for hours now*

*GASP*

ohh.. damn.. oxygen..

gah.. *pukes*

Moonbear has the world's oldest timed shrimps in her freezer

• #5,992
cronxeh said:
Moonbear has the world's oldest timed shrimps in her freezer
:cry: You hurt franzbear's feelings calling him a shrimp!

• #5,993
yomamma said:
I am waiting
And you shall continue to do so until people lay off with all of the damned posting on other threads so's I can actually get there.

yomamma said:
If you look at them together tou can get an annimation effect
I was wondering how that might be accomplished. Too bad there aren't reverse italics here, so we could have the total effect.

yomamma said:
Are you a zoobie by any chance?
Ack! NO! It is a well-known fact, however, that as a man ages his ear and nose hair density gradually overtakes that on his scalp. (Luckily, due to genetics, I still have all of the top stuff too. There's a little more forehead to wash than there used to be, but still acceptable. I'd pretty much forgotten that I posted it, but Evo reminded me that there's a picture of me without the makeup in the Members Photo thread.)

yomamma said:
thank god I wasn't drinking anything by the computer
I will take that as an 'almost gotcha'. Thanks.

yomamma said:
to put it simply, michealangelo painted a brain under the image of god in his painting in the sistein chapel. We compared it to sheep brain and now evo thinks it's an apple. we speculated the zoobyness involved and found out that mike was a homosexual. any questions?
I could probably come up with a few, but I'll wait. Can you provide a link?

yomamma said:
I have stories to tell
Well then... I have stories to listen to. Get on with it.

yomamma said:
not really (he took the HIV test rabbits)
Oh great! Now I'm going to have to wear rubber gloves whenever I reply to his posts. (That's Huck's idea of 'safe sex'... wearing a rubber glove.)

yomamma said:
BUT I WANNA ICE CREAM SUNDAE!

:rolleyes:
Oh hell, if you're going to whine about it...

yomamma said:
Wow, you actually have time to quote all of this crap
Look who's talking. :-p

Last edited:
  • #5,994
Danger said:
Oh great! Now I'm going to have to wear rubber gloves whenever I reply to his posts. (That's Huck's idea of 'safe sex'... wearing a rubber glove.)
Don't worry. I use a glove too. 5 uses out of each one. Much more economical that way.

• #5,995
Huckleberry said:
Don't worry. I use a glove too. 5 uses out of each one. Much more economical that way.
Well, that's one advantage to being ambidextrous. 10 uses to a pair. Of course, you could always put a left-hand glove upside-down on your right hand, but then you'd get into that whole 'anti-climax' paradox thing...

• #5,996
Hands? Oh, you meant on my hands. No, I never do that.

• #5,997
I'm working on learning how to write well with my left hand, this summer. Would that make me more ambidextrous or would that just provide me the skill to write with my left hand?
Danger said:
Well, that's one advantage to being ambidextrous. 10 uses to a pair.
A good new use!

Last edited:
  • #5,998
Mk said:
I'm working on learning how to write well with my left hand, this summer. Would that make me more ambidextrous or would that just provide me the skill to write with my left hand?
It will, in the sense that it exercises the opposite side of your brain, and the reinforcement crosses over different fields of endeavour. If you're primarily right or left handed to start with, then the strength will probably remain on the originally dominant side. I'm going to got ahead and post this now, but I'll be back to provide a link to a previous discussion of this topic.

Mk said:
A good new use!
Of course, the drawback to that is that you can't do it left-handed and pretend it's a stranger.

• #5,999
Danger said:
Of course, the drawback to that is that you can't do it left-handed and pretend it's a stranger.
Don't talk to strangers.

• #6,000
BicycleTree said:
Empty and heavy is my mind...
This part made sense. :-p

• #6,001
Moonbear said:
:cry: You hurt franzbear's feelings calling him a shrimp!
Yet he doesn't care that we're...Trying to kill him?

• #6,002
Yes, poor, poor, sensitive Franzbear. If Franzbeaer was so sensitive, you would think he would have noticed that we have attempted to shoot, stab, electrocute, strangle, runover, drag behind a car, run it's head into things at supersonic speeds, run it down a rollercoaster on a tricycle, poison, freeze, boil, castrate, mutate, radiate, nuke, bore, subject it to Danger, send it places with it's Uncles and Awnts, and electroejaculate it to death (just a to name a few methods). :bugeye: It's not even afraid. :bugeye:

• #6,003
yomamma said:
Yet he doesn't care that we're...Trying to kill him?

Nah, he's just really sensitive about his height. :frown:

• #6,004
Artman said:
All good minds are empty. A feeling of mental fullness is a sign that you are in pain.

• #6,005
don't forget getting him caught in BT's spokes!

Franzbear! stop! you can't get in the pool with floaties, you'll drown!

• #6,006
Hooray!
I'm the thread-killer!
Finally, after all this time, the thread is DEAD!

Looking forward to your congratulatory posts; you may append them to this dead thread.

• #6,007
:biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry: :biggrin: :cry:

(Since we don't have a laugh till you cry smilie, this will just have to do.)

Thanks, I needed that. :biggrin:

• #6,008
Damn! i can't believe i actually read the first 24 pages and then came to the last page to realize that it is 487 pages long!

And i had such a great plan of starting a betting racket on who would be the thread killer? Now which bloody fool would bet on a 487 page long thread :frown:

-- AI

• #6,009
Mk said:
Don't talk to strangers.
Did I say anything about talking?

Artman said:
Go figure. :rolleyes: The one time he says something rational, and it's by accident.

Artman said:
you would think he would have noticed that we have attempted to shoot, stab, electrocute, strangle, runover, drag behind a car, run it's head into things at supersonic speeds, run it down a rollercoaster on a tricycle, poison, freeze, boil, castrate, mutate, radiate, nuke, bore, subject it to Danger, send it places with it's Uncles and Awnts, and electroejaculate it to death (just a to name a few methods). :bugeye: It's not even afraid. :bugeye:
Hey, now...

arildno said:
Hooray!
I'm the thread-killer!
Finally, after all this time, the thread is DEAD!

Looking forward to your congratulatory posts; you may append them to this dead thread.
Anyone have a Weed-whacker handy?

TenaliRaman said:
Now which bloody fool would bet on a 487 page long thread :frown:
We've already established that BT's head is empty. You can probably hit him up for a couple of bucks.

Last edited:
  • #6,010
BT my friend,
on whom would u like to bet on?
(inside information is that this is all fixed and greg's going to be the thread killer, go ahead bet on him, we are 1:30 on greg!)

-- AI

• #6,011
TenaliRaman said:
BT my friend,
Let me know if this works. I have a land deal or two to discuss...

• #6,012
Danger said:
Hey, now...
I was wondering if you would spot the capital "D". :biggrin:

• #6,013
Artman said:
I was wondering if you would spot the capital "D". :biggrin:
Are you kidding? With you around, I get nervous if there's a comma out of place.

• #6,014
Okay, I bet my current kitchen trash bag that Greg will be the thread killer. So let's get clear on this: you take the trash bag now, and store it until someone kills the thread. If it was Greg then you give me the trash bag back, plus twenty-nine identical ones. If it was someone else, you get to keep the trash bag. :smile: :smile: I'll mail it to you to get this started.

• #6,015
You cannot face defeat, can you?

• #6,016
yomamma said:
Franzbear! stop! you can't get in the pool with floaties, you'll drown!

See that, franzbear, you've made a new friend. :smile: Yomamma, why don't you help franzbear tie these lead weights onto his arms so he can build up some strength while swimming? :devil:

• #6,017
arildno said:
You cannot face defeat, can you?
Where the hell is that Weed-whacker, already?! It's still growing.

• #6,018
Danger said:
Where the hell is that Weed-whacker, already?! It's still growing.

I don't know, but this thread seems more like one of those knitting projects that starts out as a pot-holder and morphs into a scarf, and you get carried away and keep going until it becomes a blanket...no wonder we need so many sheep around here! :bugeye:

• #6,019
Moonbear said:
no wonder we need so many sheep around here! :bugeye:
You're certainly welcome to take all of the wool that you can get. I prefer my sheep naked anyhow. :biggrin:

• #6,020
Moonbear said:
I don't know, but this thread seems more like one of those knitting projects that starts out as a pot-holder and morphs into a scarf, and you get carried away and keep going until it becomes a blanket...no wonder we need so many sheep around here! :bugeye:
Oh, I dunno. When I stand back and look at this thread, I see a definite, deliberate shape...kind of like...a brain!

Back