Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #7,456
yourdadonapogostick said:
artman, there seems to be a strong gh3y field coming from your direction. very high energy swedons...are you listening to the village people?
There ain't a gh3y field strong enough to make me listen to the village people.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #7,457
what is that? shhh, i am trying to hear what that is..."Y...M...C...A...?" artman, i think ur lying...

• #7,458
Artman said:
Welp, it seems like Moonie is finally gone. Heh, heh, heh. :biggrin: Time to take Franzbear out for a spin. :smile:

Come on Franzbear, let's go out and have some fun. Here, you take this hose and hold it over your head. It'll be fun. :biggrin: Now, I'll take this other end and hook it up over there to that tank.

Heh, heh, heh. :biggrin:

What's that Franz? What is the hose for? Oh, nothing. o:) No, no, It's just a hose. Uh, you shouldn't put it in your mouth, but...oh what the heck, you're with your uncle artman, go ahead and put the hose in your mouth. o:) :biggrin:

<Clank,> <clunk,><Chucka chucka,> Oof. That was hard to hook up, whew, but now it's all connected to the tank.

"Hold on over there Franzbear! No, it's okay, you can keep the hose in your mouth." :biggrin:

Now let's put this plastic bag over your head. o:) IT'll be fun. It'll be all dark and stuff. :rolleyes: Until we light the match. :rolleyes:

Hey the bag is getting huge! It's filling up with Franzbear! Franzbear is filling up with gasoline!

Hey franzbear Here is a birthday cake! The candles are all lit. I'll just put it here on the ground...

...and RUN!

BLAM!

KABOOOM!

Wow, he really went high. :-p :smile: :biggrin: :devil:
You don't know how happy it makes me to see you caring for little Franzbear again. <sniff> :approve:

• #7,459
what is that? shhh, i am trying to hear what that is..."Y...M...C...A...?" artman, i think ur lying...
YDAP, are you dressed like an american indian, wearing shorts and a toolbelt for some special reason or...nevermind. :rolleyes: I don't want to know. :smile:

Oh, and turn your radio down.

Last edited:
  • #7,460
Evo said:
You don't know how happy it makes me to see you caring for little Franzbear again. <sniff> :approve:
He deserves special attention. :approve: :devil: :rolleyes: :smile:

• #7,461
Oh shoot, speaking of special attention, maybe someone should stamp him out, as he is still on fire. :devil: :-p

• #7,462
artman, there seems to be a strong gh3y field coming from your direction. very high energy swedons...are you listening to the village people?
I just read some of this reference in your other post. It's pretty funny YDAP. I'm going to read the rest. :biggrin:

• #7,463
Artman said:
Oh shoot, speaking of special attention, maybe someone should stamp him out, as he is still on fire. :devil: :-p
Franzbear, remember your training...STOP...DROP...and ROLL!

Throws blanket over Franzy and beats out remaining flames.

Here, let Aunt Evo check you out. That's ok, you're hair will grow back (just not before your mom gets home :redface:) Here, just put this merkin on your head, she'll never know the difference. o:) Yes, Uncle Artman is silly, isn't he? But he does take you on so many fun outings, right?

• #7,464
threads are immune to fire...as we have seen in teh past

• #7,465
threads are immune to fire...as we have seen in teh past
I thought the gasoline might have a neat effect though.

By the way, I am safe from the gh3y field, I am surrounded by photos of Martha Stewart... :rolleyes: Isn't everyone? :rolleyes:

Post by yourdadonapogostick said:
A promising field of research is the Martha Stewart -field which seems to reflect all sexually charged particles

• #7,466
Evo said:
Franzbear, remember your training...STOP...DROP...and ROLL!

Throws blanket over Franzy and beats out remaining flames.

Here, let Aunt Evo check you out. That's ok, you're hair will grow back (just not before your mom gets home :redface:) Here, just put this merkin on your head, she'll never know the difference. o:) Yes, Uncle Artman is silly, isn't he? But he does take you on so many fun outings, right?
Great idea using the merkin till the hair grows back. :biggrin:

• #7,467
Artman said:
I thought the gasoline might have a neat effect though.

By the way, I am safe from the gh3y field, I am surrounded by photos of Martha Stewart... :rolleyes: Isn't everyone? :rolleyes:
didn't you read the rest about the martha stewart field?

• #7,468
didn't you read the rest about the martha stewart field?
Ut oh.

• #7,469
it helps to read the whole thread

• #7,470
Artman said:
Stomp Ooops, missed. Stomp! Oops, mised again.

Sorry kiddo, your mom is drunk and just found out the hot guy she's been crazy about since grad school has a serious girlfriend about to move cross country to live with him. It's so not fair! :cry: I think I have to be at an 8 AM session tomorrow too...tomorrow is going to be a very long day!

• #7,471
Moonbear said:

Sorry kiddo, your mom is drunk and just found out the hot guy she's been crazy about since grad school has a serious girlfriend about to move cross country to live with him. It's so not fair! :cry: I think I have to be at an 8 AM session tomorrow too...tomorrow is going to be a very long day!
Hmmm...He is still smoldering... <Stomp>...I saw your name by the thread...<Stomp> and thought, "Ut oh..., <Stomp> Moonie hasn't left yet. <Stomp> She's going to know all the awful <Stomp> things I've done to Franzbear." <Stomp> <Stomp> <Stomp>

Sorry to hear about the guy. Try and have fun anyway.

Franzbear, hold still. <Stomp> <Stomp> <Stomp> Now your merkin is smoldering too. <Stomp>

• #7,472
Moonbear said:

Moonbear likes teh Canucks!

• #7,473
space shuttle looks, at this point, to have no problems.

• #7,474
Artman said:
Hmmm...He is still smoldering... <Stomp>...I saw your name by the thread...<Stomp> and thought, "Ut oh..., <Stomp> Moonie hasn't left yet. <Stomp> She's going to know all the awful <Stomp> things I've done to Franzbear." <Stomp> <Stomp> <Stomp>

Sorry to hear about the guy. Try and have fun anyway.

Franzbear, hold still. <Stomp> <Stomp> <Stomp> Now your merkin is smoldering too. <Stomp>

Oh no! Franzbear, merkin fires are REALLY dangerous! OUCH!

• #7,475
Moonbear said:
Oh no! Franzbear, merkin fires are REALLY dangerous! OUCH!
I hear the heat from one of those can kill a man. :eek: (and some women) :wink:

Of course they die with a smile on their face.:biggrin: :-p

• #7,476
Moonbear said:
Sorry kiddo, your mom is drunk and just found out the hot guy she's been crazy about since grad school has a serious girlfriend about to move cross country to live with him.
Yeah, sorry bout that. Hey! Ask evo if you can come too!

• #7,477
Artman said:
I hear the heat from one of those can kill a man. :eek: (and some women) :wink:
I guess they don't kill threads though. :rolleyes:

• #7,478
appearently not

• #7,479
appearently not
You know, most people actualy say something in their posts, you're just trying to get kills. You ain't no playa. :cool:

• #7,480
Smurf said:
Yeah, sorry bout that. Hey! Ask evo if you can come too!
Come on Moonbear, let's head over to Smurf's!

Sorry to hear about the guy. She'll move in with him, they'll get on each other's nerves and he'll be free the next time you see him.

• #7,481
Evo said:
All ladies welcome.

Sorry to hear about the guy. She'll move in with him, they'll get on each other's nerves and he'll be free the next time you see him.
:smile: With today's statistics, you're probably right.

• #7,482
Smurf said:
You know, most people actualy say something in their posts, you're just trying to get kills. You ain't no playa. :cool:
\/\/47¿ i b d 1337 Þ14y3|2.

u can't touch this!

• #7,483
Evo said:

:biggrin: That's hopeful. Though, it might not be far from the truth. They spent 5 years living apart while she was in med school and he was in grad school, which is probably why I didn't know about her all this time. And he said it was really hard to get used to seeing each other again. So, now he's moved to the west coast and she's still in NY, so maybe it'll happen again. He's a fellow Joiseyan too! :smile:

I'm just cooling down from tonight's social (it's still going, but in recognition that I'm no longer 20-something, I couldn't keep dancing until 2 AM and still hope to make a 9 AM scientific session tomorrow...it was a tough choice, stay at the social or wake up for science :rolleyes:). I had a great time...they had both a band and a DJ (the DJ played during the band's break, and then is continuing for the late night crowd, so they really had an amazing range of music; something for every generation, and I dance to all of it). Anyway, the DJ played some Puerto Rican music, and there was a Latin guy there who snagged me to dance with him...wow! Amazing dancer, really knew how to lead so that even though I don't know how to dance to that music well, I still could dance and was told I looked good doing it! :biggrin: I love dancing and really enjoy dancing with a strong partner.

Oh, the science went well too. I had a huge crowd for my poster (then again, that could have been because we got out of a minisymposium late, so the entire neuroendocrine group arrived en masse...I didn't bother getting to the poster session on time since I knew my entire audience was sitting in the same talk I was that was running late). So, that was all great. I got good feedback, a lot of people are really interested in what I'm doing, and a few offers for collaborations too. Couldn't ask for more.

So, how is Franzbear holding up after that merkin fire?

• #7,484
fire? i like fire

• #7,485
*hugs YDOAPS* it's ok, I was a n00b once too.

• #7,486
stfu, /\/00|3. i b 50 1337.

• #7,487
Going for 9000'th reply..

• #7,488
Begins to run for it..

• #7,489
Homing in...

• #7,490
Hooray! Post 9000 is mine! :smile:

Back