Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #2,766
Artman said:
i didn't realize you were his relief. (Oooh, that doesn't sound right, does it?)
:biggrin:
Sounds good to me. :-p

Moonbear said:
Well, Huck has already learned that it's worthwhile to become one of my minions. You can become one of my minions too. :biggrin:
Just make sure she trims her fingernails first. Those current ones are part of the Do-It-Yourself Home Vasectomy kit. :eek:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,767
Moonbear said:
Well, Huck has already learned that it's worthwhile to become one of my minions. You can become one of my minions too. :biggrin:
Sure! :biggrin:

Hey, what test are you doing now?

What...what are those rubber gloves for? You want me to do what to my toes? What are you doing behind me...?

• #2,768
Artman said:
Sure! :biggrin:

Hey, what test are you doing now?

What...what are those rubber gloves for? You want me to do what to my toes? What are you doing behind me...?
See? Hindsight ain't always a good thing.

• #2,769
Moonbear said:
...Huck, glad to have you on board as a minion. Now, just take all your clothes off so I can measure you for your uniform. :-p
Do you need minions to help with measuring? :rolleyes: :-p
Artman said:
Hey...I...

SOS is picking on me! :cry: :cry: :cry:
We only hurt the ones we love...
Evo said:
No one can pick on Artman because I love him...in a completely platonic way that his wife would not have a problem with. :-p
See? (Of course in a platonic way.)
Artman said:
Sorry SOS, you can pick on me while danger is resting up. i didn't realize you were his relief. (Oooh, that doesn't sound right, does it?)
:biggrin:
Moonbear, how about I measure Artman? :devil:

• #2,770
Danger said:
Sounds good to me. :-p

Just make sure she trims her fingernails first. Those current ones are part of the Do-It-Yourself Home Vasectomy kit. :eek:

As a matter of fact, I did just trim my fingernails.

Artman said:

It's just part of the training exercises, building flexibility by touching your toes. That, and we need to fit the uniforms so there's no plumber's crack showing when you bend over. o:)

• #2,771
Ooooooh -- Did anyone else hear that? Maybe someone is reading the missing posts out loud...

• #2,772
SOS2008 said:
Do you need minions to help with measuring? :rolleyes: :-p

Well, I suppose it's best to measure twice and cut once, so why don't you go ahead and double check all my measurements. If we don't get the same numbers, then we'll need to repeat the measurements again. :-p

• #2,773
Moonbear said:
...and we need to fit the uniforms so there's no plumber's crack showing when you bend over. o:)
Yeh, it's bad enough to have ghosts--we don't want to see you feeling a cold draft...

• #2,774
what the :confused:

• #2,775
SOS2008 said:
Did you bring your micrometer? :biggrin:

Artman said:
Sorry SOS, you can pick on me while danger is resting up. i didn't realize you were his relief.
I seem to be feeling better... :cool:

• #2,776
cronxeh said:
what the :confused:

Wanna be a minion? SOS and I are taking the measurements for the uniforms. They're a nifty dark blue with silver-lined capes for the new recruits, and gold trim if you advance to captain. So far we've got Huck and Artman signed up. Oh, and apparently getting to swoop is a big selling point. :biggrin: Plus, VIP treatment at the cancer clinic. Non-minions have to wait in line.

• #2,777
Moonbear said:
Non-minions have to wait in line.
Are you going to bring your velvet rope from home? :biggrin:

• #2,778
Danger said:
...I seem to be feeling better... :cool:
Uh-huh? Perhaps Danger will need some extra attention--maybe more than one cut, er I mean...definitely a puffy hat for him.

I'll bring green apple martinis too - that always helps me to keep a steady hand. <-- :devil:

• #2,779
Moonbear said:
As a matter of fact, I did just trim my fingernails.

Upon reading this I had a vision of a scruffy haired, mustachioed, and somewhat balding, droopy-faced seventies dj yelling at me "Give it to me straight doctor. I can take it."

Oddly enough someone just asked a question about fingernails in the other threads. Oddly enough I answered.

Huck

• #2,780
Danger said:
Are you going to bring your velvet rope from home? :biggrin:

I reserve that for the minions. :devil:

• #2,781
SOS2008 said:
Uh-huh? Perhaps Danger will need some extra attention--maybe more than one cut, er I mean...definitely a puffy hat for him.

*reviews notes on measurements* Hmmm...it seems I measured 2 hands exactly, and you got two hands plus one finger there. We better recheck that.

I'll bring green apple martinis too - that always helps me to keep a steady hand. <-- :devil:

Oh, you're a wonderful minion! I might have to bring you up for promotion early. I think gold goes better with your complexion anyway, don't you agree?

• #2,782
SOS2008 said:
Uh-huh? Perhaps Danger will need some extra attention--maybe more than one cut, er I mean...
Well, like Rod Stewart said... :rolleyes:

SOS2008 said:
Okay... that part worries me just a little. :rolleyes:

• #2,783
Moonbear said:
Wanna be a minion? SOS and I are taking the measurements for the uniforms. They're a nifty dark blue with silver-lined capes for the new recruits, and gold trim if you advance to captain. So far we've got Huck and Artman signed up. Oh, and apparently getting to swoop is a big selling point. :biggrin: Plus, VIP treatment at the cancer clinic. Non-minions have to wait in line.

You forgot the poofy hats. You can't forget the poofy hats and the swooping. We need poofy hats so we can swoop unexpectedly.

P.S. Is it bad that I got a 7 on a basic relativity test? How about if I took it again a few seconds later and got an 8? Itold you my attention span was short, maybe 10 seconds. Who are you people anyway?

What was the question again?
Huck

• #2,784
Huckleberry said:
You forgot the poofy hats. You can't forget the poofy hats and the swooping. We need poofy hats so we can swoop unexpectedly.

Oh, no! Poofy hats aren't for swooping, poofy hats are for lulling the enemy into a false sense of security. The silver-lined capes are for swooping! Like this:
*swoops off sofa onto Danger with a flourish of cape*

Itold you my attention span was short, maybe 10 seconds. Who are you people anyway?

What was the question again?

You were just volunteering to help me train the other minions on swooping with a proper swooshing of capes. *hands Huck his brand new cape* Don't worry, we'll get the rest of the uniform made soon enough. :biggrin:

• #2,785
Huckleberry said:
You forgot the poofy hats.
SOS promised me a poofy hat just a couple of posts back.

Huckleberry said:
We need poofy hats so we can swoop unexpectedly.
I'm too old to swoop. I don't know that a poofy hat will be all that advantageous for skulking. :confused:

• #2,786
Moonbear said:
*swoops off sofa onto Danger with a flourish of cape*
Hey...! I seem to have been swooped upon by something! What on Earth...? Must be some kind of bat. Birds lay eggs, so they don't need those things... Hmmmm... I say now... that's not half bad... :-p

• #2,787
Danger said:
Hey...! I seem to have been swooped upon by something! What on Earth...? Must be some kind of bat. Birds lay eggs, so they don't need those things... Hmmmm... I say now... that's not half bad... :-p

So, what do you think of this new recruitment strategy? Ready to sign on as a minion yet? :biggrin:

• #2,788
Danger said:

See the technique? Didn't even see it coming.

• #2,789
Moonbear said:
...Oh, you're a wonderful minion! I might have to bring you up for promotion early. I think gold goes better with your complexion anyway, don't you agree?
And maybe I should bring some snacks too. Yes, I think I do look better in gold...
Moonbear said:
Oh, no! Poofy hats aren't for swooping, poofy hats are for lulling the enemy into a false sense of security. The silver-lined capes are for swooping! Like this: *swoops off sofa onto Danger with a flourish of cape*
Exactly. If we act like Spartans to instill fear, there wouldn't be a false sense of security. Well done Moonbear! :biggrin:
Moonbear said:
You were just volunteering to help me train the other minions on swooping with a proper swooshing of capes. *hands Huck his brand new cape* Don't worry, we'll get the rest of the uniform made soon enough. :biggrin:
I thought we were only giving capes and hats out to the male minions??

• #2,790
Moonbear said:
So, what do you think of this new recruitment strategy? Ready to sign on as a minion yet? :biggrin:
I reluctantly admit defeat. Where do I sign up? (Conditional upon the being-swooped-upon continuing after I work for you.)

Oh yeah... and access to the velvet rope.

• #2,791
Hey! What's that supposed to mean!

• #2,792
Danger said:
SOS promised me a poofy hat just a couple of posts back.
Was I drinking green apple martinis? And did I say I'd love you in the morning by any chance?

• #2,793
SOS2008 said:
I thought we were only giving capes and hats out to the male minions??

Right. I'm still working on his poofy hat. Do you think we should give them swords too, or should they have to provide their own? :wink:

• #2,794
Danger said:
I reluctantly admit defeat. Where do I sign up? (Conditional upon the being-swooped-upon continuing after I work for you.)

Oh yeah... and access to the velvet rope.

Minions never admit defeat! You've just made the obvious choice. :approve: :biggrin: Of course the swooping will continue. That's our main training exercise; we do a lot of that. :approve:

• #2,795
Huckleberry said:
Hey! What's that supposed to mean!

Um...it means as my first minion with the most seniority, you've just been promoted to captain as well. We'll have to measure you again to fit you with the gold-lined cape instead of the silver one. :-p

• #2,796
Moonbear said:
Right. I'm still working on his poofy hat. Do you think we should give them swords too, or should they have to provide their own? :wink:
Definitely a sword--way better than a cod. :biggrin:

• #2,797
SOS2008 said:
Definitely a sword--way better than a cod. :biggrin:

Cod? No floppy fish here!

Okay minions, you each will wear a well-honed sword of hard, forged steel. :biggrin: We'll need to take a few more measurements to ensure the sheaths are properly prepared for your swords.

• #2,798
SOS2008 said:
Was I drinking green apple martinis? And did I say I'd love you in the morning by any chance?
Uhhh... :rolleyes: yes. And yes, most assuredly you did. I even wrote it down so you wouldn't forget. :smile: Have another martini.

Moonbear said:
you each will wear a well-honed sword of hard, forged steel.
Is a broadsword essential, or will you settle for an epee? :redface:

• #2,799
Danger said:
Is a broadsword essential, or will you settle for an epee? :redface:

Sorry for the delay, I had to google "epee."

http://www.unh.edu/fencing/epee.html
The epee evolved in 19th century Europe as the premiere dueling weapon replacing its predecessor, the small sword...

The epee is a thrusting weapon only, so touches must be scored with the point.

Yes, that will be acceptable. :biggrin:

• #2,800
Can I have a flamberge? Do they make sheaths for those or do they just hang from the belt? I can't wait to swoop with my flamberge.
Huck

Back