Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #2,941
I just found the best damned thing online. This is like _the_ manual for engineers :smile:

love the english humor:

http://carboninside.com/trouble.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,942
cronxeh said:
I just found the best damned thing online. This is like _the_ manual for engineers :smile:

love the english humor:

:smile: That's great!

• #2,943
cronxeh said:
I just found the best damned thing online. This is like _the_ manual for engineers
That's excellent! I had to scroll around for 5 minutes to read it all (13" monitor), but it was worth it.

• #2,944
Danger said:
That's excellent! I had to scroll around for 5 minutes to read it all (13" monitor), but it was worth it.

Yeah, if I didn't have to scroll around so much, I'd probably still be entertaining myself trying to read the words that bled through the other side of the page when it was scanned. Sometimes it's fun to find out what was on the other side of the paper someone scanned. :biggrin:

• #2,945
Moonbear said:
probably still be entertaining myself trying to read the words that bled through the other side of the page when it was scanned.
It's not from the opposite side; it's from underneath. The letters are right way around. That white-on-white is too much trouble to bother with, though. (The one thing I truly miss about my Atari 800–you could set screen background and text colours however you wanted to. I used black on amber most of the time.)

• #2,946
Danger said:
It's not from the opposite side; it's from underneath. The letters are right way around.

:bugeye: Um...not the parts I was looking at. I could definitely make out the word COMPANY in mirror writing.

But, we have more important matters to discuss. I just read that muscle car thread and see that you have something with 650 hp lying around unused! That puts my paltry 6.75 hp lawnmower engine to shame; I think it's time to add a new wing to the laundromat for the "special" Maytag! :biggrin:

• #2,947
Moonbear said:
:bugeye: Um...not the parts I was looking at. I could definitely make out the word COMPANY in mirror writing.
I see what you're talking about now. I never even noticed the black backwards text. What I was looking at is big white letters about 2" (on my monitor) above the start box. It says 'from our rec...'; that's about all I can make out, but it's not reversed.

Moonbear said:
But, we have more important matters to discuss. I just read that muscle car thread and see that you have something with 650 hp lying around unused! That puts my paltry 6.75 hp lawnmower engine to shame; I think it's time to add a new wing to the laundromat for the "special" Maytag! :biggrin:
Sorry, honey... It doesn't have a PTO. :frown:
If, however, you want to tap into the transfer case on the Camino...

Last edited:
  • #2,948
Danger said:
I see what you're talking about now. I never even noticed the black backwards text. What I was looking at is big white letters about 2" (on my monitor) above the start box. It says 'from our rec...'; that's about all I can make out, but it's not reversed.

Hmm...I see what you mean. It must have been a page in a magazine or something, so we're seeing both the back of the page the chart was on and the page facing it both bleeding through on the scan. I guess it won't be anything all that exciting, like some love letter. (LOL...I found one of those in a former student's lab notebook...oh boy, he must have been working on drafting it while bored while waiting for an experiment to run...horribly sappy. :smile:)

Sorry, honey... It doesn't have a PTO. :frown:
If, however, you want to tap into the transfer case on the Camino...

That's okay, I'm still trying to find someone will to teach me to drive stick. Muscle cars aren't any good to me until I learn that. Everytime I find a guy who volunteers to teach me, he seems to have something else in mind other than cars, and well, I don't bother correcting him. :rolleyes:

• #2,949
http://carboninside.com/88654156_m.gif

• #2,950
cronxeh said:
http://carboninside.com/88654156_m.gif
[/URL]

Yep...you got that right!

• #2,951
I can teach you to drive a stick.. and for once i didnt mean that in some perverted way :eek:

• #2,952
Moonbear said:
like some love letter. (LOL...I found one of those in a former student's lab notebook...oh boy, he must have been working on drafting it while bored
Are you sure you weren't meant to find it? Did it have a name on it?:rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
That's okay, I'm still trying to find someone will to teach me to drive stick.
Well, the Runner does have that long-throw Hurst pistol-grip shifter (nice big ridges). :cool:

cronxeh said:
I can teach you to drive a stick.. and for once i didnt mean that in some perverted way :eek:
You continue to crack me up. And the smilies are funny too. :biggrin:

• #2,953
cronxeh said:

I'm so disappointed. I thought I had taught you better than that. :frown:

It used to be you could just rent a car with a manual transmission, but nowadays, all the rentals are automatics, otherwise I'd just rent a car and teach myself. It can't be all that hard, just need to do it.

• #2,954
  • #2,955
cronxeh said:
meh.. maybe this tune will cheer you up: http://carboninside.com/boomstick.swf

its from Army of Darkness.. hardcore remix

It'll have to wait until tomorrow, assuming it's a format I can open at all. I'm on dial-up right now, and don't feel like waiting for it.

• #2,956
its in a flash format and you need headphones or speakers for that (preferrably with a lot of bass)

you can open it with any browser, provided you have the plugin - which technically you should. its only 2.7 megs, and its only sound :D

• #2,957
cronxeh said:
its in a flash format and you need headphones or speakers for that (preferrably with a lot of bass)

you can open it with any browser, provided you have the plugin - which technically you should. its only 2.7 megs, and its only sound :D

Okay, then I'll open it tomorrow when I'm at work (I have headphones there for just such ocassions). :biggrin:

• #2,958
gotta warn you though.. if you are into classic or country or slow music.. you won't like it :wink:

im more into fast paced hardcore style techno/trance/house blend of music.. one that hits hard, stays strong and doesn't mellow out for no reason :-p

• #2,959
cronxeh said:
gotta warn you though.. if you are into classic or country or slow music.. you won't like it :wink:

im more into fast paced hardcore style techno/trance/house blend of music.. one that hits hard, stays strong and doesn't mellow out for no reason :-p

What if I'm into all of the above? :biggrin:

• #2,960
the woman is an enigma :bugeye:

• #2,961
cronxeh said:
the woman is an enigma :bugeye:

No, enigma is a guy. :smile: Seriously, I just enjoy music, and can find things I like about almost every type of music.

• #2,962
I love Enigma! He let me touch his head! Actually I wanted to give him a nuggie, but thought that might be pushing it too far.

• #2,963
cronxeh said:
Yeah yeah, I can hear the lesson now:

cronxeh - Okay Moonbear let's get started.

Moonbear - But shouldn't we be in a car?

cronxeh - Nah, we'll start here on my couch.

Moonbear - If you say so cronxeh, you're so sweet to...<zip>...What are you doing?

cronxeh - Preparing the stick.

Moonbear - Why did you store the shifter there in that zippered holder? (edited this line because I noticed it sounded REALLY bad the way it was!)

cronxeh - To keep it warm. It works better if it's warm. Now you grab the stick.

Moonbear - Oh. I thought shifting would be hard, but not with you teaching me. It's not hard at all!

cronxeh - Uh...let's just get on with the lesson.

Moonbear - I thought the shift lever would be longer.

cronxeh - This is just a three speed.

Moonbear - I want to drive a big rig.

cronxeh - Look, do you want to learn or not?!

Moonbear - Yeah. I'm sorry.

cronxeh - Never mind. I'm not in the mood any more. The lesson is over. I'm putting the shifter away in it's case. <zip>. I'm going over to the cancer clinic and see if anyone over there wants to learn to drive a stick.

Or something like that. (Just kidding cronxeh and Moonbear.) :biggrin:

Last edited:
  • #2,964
ohh.. ohh.. a low blow

*leads Moonbear away from this 'sticky' place* :smile:

Artman you know what they say about Spiderman.. he is not the only one who gets his hands sticky after using the web :smile:

Last edited:
  • #2,965
cronxeh said:
Artman you know what they say about Spiderman.. he is not the only one who gets his hands sticky after using the web :smile:
Stick shift huh. :biggrin:

• #2,966
phd041205s.gif

• #2,967
cronxeh said:
phd041205s.gif

Hey, how'd you get that picture of my desk? Actually, it's when I can see the top of the desk that I have the most difficult finding things. Something about everything being hidden away in file cabinets and drawers that makes it difficult to find them when I need them. It's much easier to keep everything within reach on my desk.

Okay, my desk isn't quite as bad as the one in the cartoon, but when I was in grad school, one of the other grad students did have a desk that looked like that. We moved all the other desks away from hers because we were afraid we might lose someone in the avalanche if a breeze blew through the office the wrong way.

Attachments

• phd041205s.gif
    phd041205s.gif
    32.3 KB · Views: 366
  • #2,968
Hello everyone. I have not posted here in a while, so here goes.

• #2,969
mattmns said:
Hello everyone. I have not posted here in a while, so here goes.
And you think you can just pop in here with neither a swish, swash or swoosh as an excuse for your absence?
The rudeness of it..

• #2,970
me eat lunch now.

• #2,971
A crunch, gobble or even just a burp might have helped, but no , you just sit there with your lunch all by your self, unwilling to share anything.
I'm not mollified in the least.

• #2,972
I would never share! MMmmmm, soo much pizza left, not enough energy to eat it all.

• #2,973
Pizza for LUNCH??
What sort of madness is this?
As everyone else, I like a cold slice of left-over pizza for breakfast, but eating pizza in the middle of the day?

• #2,974
This thread has almost twice as many posts as the stupid question thread :bugeye:

• #2,975
mattmns said:
This thread has almost twice as many posts as the stupid question thread :bugeye:
It's because this thread is thrice as stupid as the other one, of course.

Back