Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #3,081
Moonbear said:
Ah, I see you're putting your cape and poofy hat to good use! :smile: :smile: I especially like that last one about leaping tall buildings! :smile: :smile:

I had to throw that one in there. I'm partial to the pigeon one myself.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,082
BicycleTree said:
If everyone pretended to be on hallucinogenic drugs three or four hours a day, people might be more relaxed.
Or more paranoid.

• #3,083
Evo said:
Or more paranoid.

Good point. I once thought I saw a circus on the cieling. Those clown faces were frightening when they morph and change color and offered me candy. A little advice for everyone, never accept candy from illusionary clowns.

P.S. I happened to be sleeping in a church at the time :smile:

• #3,084
Evo said:
Or more paranoid.
Who needs drugs? It's been 15 minutes since I looked at Moonie's link, and my eyeballs still haven't stopped spinning. :bugeye:

• #3,085
Danger said:
Who needs drugs? It's been 15 minutes since I looked at Moonie's link, and my eyeballs still haven't stopped spinning. :bugeye:

Those eyeballs still spinning? Try staring at the end of your nose for a few minutes.

I wonder how long it will be before the killer thread eats up all the other threads?

• #3,086
Huckleberry said:
Those eyeballs still spinning? Try staring at the end of your nose for a few minutes.

I wonder how long it will be before the killer thread eats up all the other threads?

:eek: I hadn't thought about it that way before! What if the thread killer thread isn't a thread FOR thread killers, but a thread that kills other threads! Has the threadicide rate been increasing since the arrival of this thread?

• #3,087
Oh my god. Moonbear you just made up a word in honour of this thread. YE SHALL BE DAMNED FOR ETERNITY IN HELL!

• #3,088
Smurf said:
YE SHALL BE DAMNED FOR ETERNITY IN HELL!

I thought that was already a known fact. :devil:

• #3,089
Huckleberry said:
I don't know what kind of snorkel you've got, laddie, but I can't see mine from here. :shy:

• #3,090
Hi everyone. I'm having a great evening. First of all, I'm on vacation. Yeah!

Then I decided to work on a little solid state amplifier I built that wasn't working. It wasn't doing anything at all, no hiss, no crackle, nothing. I thought I really screwed up the wiring or soldering or something. So after a week of being too depressed to work on it again, I decided that I should test the battery. It was completely dead (I thought it had some juice left, but it had none at all. I put another battery in and it crackled and popped until I got the battery in, then I plugged in my guitar and now it works great!

:biggrin: :smile: :biggrin:

• #3,091
Artman said:
I put another battery in and it crackled and popped until I got the battery in, then I plugged in my guitar and now it works great!
And here your poor neighbours thought that they were finally safe...

• #3,092
Danger said:
They should know better than that. :biggrin: :devil: :biggrin: :smile:

• #3,093
Danger said:

I don't think an amplifier is going to make any difference there. :smile:

• #3,095
cronxeh said:
03-01-2005, 03:27 PM by Moonbear:
"It sure would solve the problem of the starving grad student. Once you're done with a chapter, eat it for dinner."

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=64648&page=2&pp=15

:smile: I never did figure out what that thread was supposed to be about.

P.S. Are you starting to chronicle a "Best Of" series of thread kills? :-p That reminds me that there's an unfinished story about Dave out there somewhere. So many threads, so little time. :rolleyes:

• #3,096
ramen noodles..

*drools*

• #3,097
I like standing on the hill in the city before evening in the summer. It is very beautiful. Everything is so distinct and sharp in the soft warm light. You can look down onto the bay and see the bridge and the birds flying before it, and everywhere you look there is so much detail and space.

Last edited:
  • #3,098
tribdog said:
Some people seem to be able to make the comment that just ruins a conversation. I've gone back to the last 100 or so really dead threads and counted up how many times each person was the one named as the last poster. Here's my list of PFs best thread killers:
1)with 21- franzneitzche
2)with 15- Moonbear
3)with 12- tribdog
4)with 9-tie-Ivan Seeking and Tsu

Honorable mentions go to:gokul, JasonRox, chrono and mattmns.

ohh.. ohh.. so that's what this thread is about

• #3,099
cronxeh said:
ohh.. ohh.. so that's what this thread is about

All this time and you just now found the opening post? :smile:

• #3,100
Moonbear said:
I don't think an amplifier is going to make any difference there. :smile:
Are you kidding? it's me only more so. :-p :smile:

• #3,101
Artman said:
Are you kidding? it's me only more so. :-p :smile:
That's a vaguely frightening concept.

• #3,102
When did this thread pass 4000?

Where was I?

DAGNABBIT!

blearg...

• #3,103
Danger said:
That's a vaguely frightening concept.
Nothing vaque, it's frightening. Be afraid, be very afraid. :smile:

• #3,104
BicycleTree said:
I like standing on the hill in the city before evening in the summer. It is very beautiful. Everything is so distinct and sharp in the soft warm light. You can look down onto the bay and see the bridge and the birds flying before it, and everywhere you look there is so much detail and space.
I like that post. It paints a picture in my mind.

• #3,105
franznietzsche said:
When did this thread pass 4000?

Where was I?

DAGNABBIT!

blearg...

You were off in that haze of newly discovered love. :biggrin: We passed it about a week ago.

• #3,106
Math Is Hard said:
All it needs is some ripe, juicy fruit and a comfortable breeze caressing your naked body as you sleep and...oops got carried away. :rolleyes: :-p :biggrin:

I mean, Yes, it is a nice post. It actually does a nice job conjuring a picture of a nice spring evening.

• #3,107
Artman said:
I mean, Yes, it is a nice post. It actually does a nice job conjuring a picture of a nice spring evening.

It does. I can just smell the salt air. :cry: I miss the coast! This is the time of year we'd be getting the boat readied for summer; ah, the joys of playing with the lead paint scrapings that littered the sand in the boat yard (long after lead paint was banned as a housepaint, it was still available as bottom paint for boats).

• #3,108
Moonbear said:
ah, the joys of playing with the lead paint scrapings
They're tasty, too! :smile:

• #3,109
Math Is Hard said:
They're tasty, too! :smile:

Just think what a genius I might have been if I wasn't dumbed down a bit with lead paint as a child. You'd need sunglasses to shield your eyes from my brilliance. :cool: But, I guess my parents knew the world wasn't ready for that. :biggrin:

• #3,110
Moonbear said:
But, I guess my parents knew the world wasn't ready for that. :biggrin:
Yeah, two omnipotent beings are too much for this puny planet. One of us would've killed the other if you'd reached your full potential.

• #3,111
Smurf said:
Yeah, two omnipotent beings are too much for this puny planet. One of us would've killed the other if you'd reached your full potential.

Maybe, but until you post pictures, I'm still claiming I look better in a dress. (You do realize that you're NEVER going to live that down, right?). :biggrin:

• #3,112
Danger said:
I don't know what kind of snorkel you've got, laddie, but I can't see mine from here. :shy:

Snorkel? My proboscis is perfectly normal, thank you very much. My eye stalks happen to be exceptionally long and I'm rather sensitive about that fact. You have no idea how much I was teased in grade school.

Moonbear said:
I hadn't thought about it that way before! What if the thread killer thread isn't a thread FOR thread killers, but a thread that kills other threads! Has the threadicide rate been increasing since the arrival of this thread?

Eventually the killer thread will become so huge that there won't be any room for anything else. It will achieve a critical mass and we will all be doomed!

Sunglasses at Night, Corey Hart 1979

How can I move a thread I creted to a new category?

• #3,113
Danger said:
With one very notable exception, I'm not really into bears. :eek:
Unless it's a costume? :-p
Huckleberry said:
I had to throw that one in there. I'm partial to the pigeon one myself.
Speaking of which, the doves and finches have either been fighting over olives or trying to mate all over my back yard today.
Moonbear said:
...Has the threadicide rate been increasing since the arrival of this thread?
Ooooh...threadicide. I like it. We should add it to the favorite word thread. :biggrin:
Moonbear said:
P.S. Are you starting to chronicle a "Best Of" series of thread kills? :-p That reminds me that there's an unfinished story about Dave out there somewhere. So many threads, so little time. :rolleyes:
Yeh, I made a joke once about "string-jacking" and no one got it!
Math Is Hard said:
Artman beat me to making the comparison with your earlier description, though he added the part about a naked body (such a guy), and I thought about embellishing the mating of birds in my yard, but never mind.
Moonbear said:
...ah, the joys of playing with the lead paint scrapings that littered the sand in the boat yard (long after lead paint was banned as a housepaint, it was still available as bottom paint for boats).
Yeh, and asbestos--though better than eating off lead plates like they did in the Middle Ages, and who know what may be discovered yet to explain generations younger than us.
Huckleberry said:
...Eventually the killer thread will become so huge that there won't be any room for anything else. It will achieve a critical mass and we will all be doomed!
It is frightening to wonder what Greg does with all our littering in his server(s).

Anyway, I was doing some cleaning today and found left-over Easter candy...

http://img47.echo.cx/img47/5265/easterbite5pm.jpg

Last edited:
  • #3,114
Artman said:
Nothing vaque, it's frightening. Be afraid, be very afraid. :smile:
I think I'm safe enough. Mountains make fairly decent sound baffles. It's your poor neighbourhood that I'm concerned for.

Artman said:
All it needs is some ripe, juicy fruit and a comfortable breeze caressing your naked body as you sleep and
Quit teasing me, dammit! You know as well as I do that I couldn't figure out how to dress up as a breeze if I used every gram of creative genius at my disposal.

Moonbear said:
Maybe, but until you post pictures, I'm still claiming I look better in a dress.
I've never seen you in a dress, and I've never seen Smurf at all, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and cast my vote in your behalf. :wink:

Huckleberry said:
My eye stalks happen to be exceptionally long and I'm rather sensitive about that fact. You have no idea how much I was teased in grade school.
I believe there's a new treatment for that wherein they can simply shrink them back toward your face without having to excise segments. You should look into it (no pun intended).

SOS2008 said:
Unless it's a costume? :-p
Unless it's the lunar variety.

SOS2008 said:
Speaking of which, the doves and finches have either been fighting over olives or trying to mate all over my back yard today.
If you're not sure of the difference, I'd like to contest the ownership of some melons...

SOS2008 said:
Yeh, and asbestos--though better than eating off lead plates like they did in the Middle Ages, and who know what may be discovered yet to explain generations younger than us.
I fear that genetics alone will be sufficient.

SOS2008 said:
Anyway, I was doing some cleaning today and found left-over Easter candy...
:smile: :smile:

• #3,115
Everyone can see his or her nose, particularly clearly with one eye closed. No eye stalks required.

Back