Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #3,116
BicycleTree said:
Everyone can see his or her nose, particularly clearly with one eye closed.
I can't. With both eyes, it absolutely isn't visible at all. With either one by itself, I can see a flesh-coloured mass. If I have my glasses on so's I can see that close up, the frame is in the way. :-p

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,117
Yay! Danger is now a contributor! :approve:

He's glowing in gold now. :smile:

(did you get your invitation to the secret wild parties yet?)

• #3,118
Huckleberry said:
My eye stalks happen to be exceptionally long and I'm rather sensitive about that fact. You have no idea how much I was teased in grade school.
Overactive thyroid.

How can I move a thread I creted to a new category?
PM me if you really need one moved.

• #3,119
Danger said:
I can't. With both eyes, it absolutely isn't visible at all. With either one by itself, I can see a flesh-coloured mass. If I have my glasses on so's I can see that close up, the frame is in the way. :-p

Prey often have their eyes set to the side of their heads for wider peripheral vision. Its alright though, this way you'll be able to see Artman coming from any direction. If you don't smell him first. :biggrin:

• #3,120
Evo said:

Thanks, honey. I feel even more at home now. Does this mean that I can put a signature on? :devil:

Evo said:
As a matter of fact, no. Please elaborate... :-p

• #3,121
Evo said:

I intercepted it. I was going to blindfold him and take him to one tonight as a surprise! :wink:

• #3,122
Evo said:

Yeh, baby, and fish! (Now we can look forward to avatars, signatures, etc. too!)

• #3,123
Math Is Hard said:
I intercepted it. I was going to blindfold him and take him to one tonight as a surprise! :wink:
Let's just hope his heart is strong enough to take it. :-p

• #3,124
Math Is Hard said:
Oooooohhhh... I love surprises! :shy:

Evo said:
Let's just hope his heart is strong enough to take it. :-p
The lungs are shot to hell, but my heart's fine. (And I did pay that yogi a lot to teach me how to breathe through my ears.)

So can I use a signature now?! Huh? CannI, cannI...? :-p

• #3,125
Math Is Hard said:
I'm thinking a luau theme, with drinks that have umbrellas and garnish, and...(<-- a sisterhood fill-in-the-blank).

• #3,126
Danger said:
So can I use a signature now?! Huh? CannI, cannI...? :-p
I'm afraid to see what it is.

Yes, you can use a signature now. :smile:

• #3,127
SOS2008 said:
I'm thinking a luau theme, with drinks that have umbrellas and garnish, and...(<-- a sisterhood fill-in-the-blank).
:biggrin:
We should take him to that Tiki Bar over by the philosophy forums. He'd love it. :smile: :approve:

• #3,128
Math Is Hard said:
We should take him to that Tiki Bar over by the philosophy forums. He'd love it. :smile: :approve:

:eek: You got a Tiki bar in the philosophy forums, and you didn't tell me?!? :eek:

• #3,129
Huckleberry said:
:eek: You got a Tiki bar in the philosophy forums, and you didn't tell me?!? :eek:
I thought you knew? Didn't I see you there last weekend? You were drinking one of those flaming blue cocktails with Moonbear.

• #3,130
Math Is Hard said:
I thought you knew? Didn't I see you there last weekend? You were drinking one of those flaming blue cocktails with Moonbear.
You saw that? I mean... that must have been someone else. I mean...I PLEAD THE 5th! :bugeye:

• #3,131
Huckleberry said:
Yes little boy, and I have some candy too.
Math Is Hard said:
That's how Smurf got his name, isn't it? Hey wait a minute, I thought the party was moved around to different locations and a cover was charged at the door for non-members? Dang it, who keeps pinching my butt!

• #3,132
SOS2008 said:
Dang it, who keeps pinching my butt!

Oh, sorry. Am I not supposed to do that while you're talking to me.

• #3,133
Math Is Hard said:
I'm liking this very much. Been a while since I've seen your ass, SOS. It's still as nice as ever.
I'm going to go to the control room and see if I can make a signature without screwing it up. It's a phrase that just popped into my head a week or so ago—possibly a flash-back—that is absolutely useless elsewhere. Since most others here don't make sense, there's no reason for mine to. :biggrin:
I'll come back right after to see if it worked.

• #3,134
Apparently it didn't. :frown:
I'll go back and try again.

• #3,135
Nope. Still nothing. It's in the edit box, and I saved it, and the 'show signature' button is selected... help!

edit: It shows up in preview mode... :confused: :frown:

2nd edit: While I was typing it, my monitor flickered and now all of the text is about 20% smaller than it was before. What the hey have I buggered up now?! :eek:

Last edited:
  • #3,136
Okay MIH, you want some of this? Huh? Take a look at this avatar girlie!

Danger said:
I'm liking this very much. Been a while since I've seen your ass, SOS. It's still as nice as ever.
I'm going to go to the control room and see if I can make a signature without screwing it up. It's a phrase that just popped into my head a week or so ago—possibly a flash-back—that is absolutely useless elsewhere. Since most others here don't make sense, there's no reason for mine to. :biggrin:
I'll come back right after to see if it worked.
Go to User CP and click on signature. Then you can add it and change the font etc. as usual. Dang, who pinched my butt again!

• #3,137
SOS2008 said:
Go to User CP and click on signature. Then you can add it and change the font etc. as usual.
That's what I did. It didn't work. It shows up in CP, and in my profile, and in the preview for posts, but not in the posts themselves. :frown: :frown:

SOS2008 said:
Dang, who pinched my butt again!
Sorry, that was me this time. Just picking off some lint. Don't worry about it.

edit: I just thought of something. Does Evo have to approve it before it shows up? Shouldn't be a problem—it isn't about her this time. o:)

Last edited:
  • #3,138
Danger said:
That's what I did. It didn't work. It shows up in CP, and in my profile, and in the preview for posts, but not in the posts themselves. :frown: :frown:

Sorry, that was me this time. Just picking off some lint. Don't worry about it.

edit: I just thought of something. Does Evo have to approve it before it shows up? Shouldn't be a problem—it isn't about her this time. o:)
I think I know what's wrong -- is it saying the file is too large? It needs to be no larger than 64 x 64. Did you say you have Photo Shop or something like that so you can resize it?

Ah...picking lint off someone is considered an affectionate behavior--wait, off my butt?

Oooops sorry, you were talking about a signature. No you don't need approval. Hmmm... I see it -- you got it!

Last edited:
  • #3,139
SOS2008 said:
Okay MIH, you want some of this? Huh? Take a look at this avatar girlie!
I must be drunk already. You look a little out of focus there, SOS. :biggrin:

• #3,140
Math Is Hard said:
It's how Gwyneth Paltrow would look if she was fat like Anna Nicole (was)--ah heck, I couldn't get anything better on the fly. I'm going to something else now...

• #3,141
SOS2008 said:
It's how Gwyneth Paltrow would look if she was fat like Anna Nicole (was)--ah heck, I couldn't get anything better on the fly. I'm going to something else now...
Oh, yeah - "Shallow Hal". I liked that movie.

• #3,142
Math Is Hard said:

Good heavens! I've been gone most of the day getting yardwork and housework and stuff in general done, and I come back to be scared nearly to death by your new avatar MIH! Is there a scary avatar competition going on here or something?

Yeah, I can't quite tell what SOS's avatar is either. Maybe a few more drinks at the Tiki Bar will clear it up. :bugeye:

Danger, good to see you've joined the Gold Club! With you around here all the time, it was getting difficult to pass the word about the location of the parties each night without letting you see them. :cool:

• #3,143
Moonbear said:
Good heavens! I've been gone most of the day getting yardwork and housework and stuff in general done, and I come back to be scared nearly to death by your new avatar MIH! Is there a scary avatar competition going on here or something?

Yeah, I can't quite tell what SOS's avatar is either. Maybe a few more drinks at the Tiki Bar will clear it up. :bugeye:

Danger, good to see you've joined the Gold Club! With you around here all the time, it was getting difficult to pass the word about the location of the parties each night without letting you see them. :cool:
I know--I made a fill-in-the-blank while you were gone and MIH had to fill it in. And then I had this avatar, but last time you said it looks like I'm smelling someone's butt. Speaking of butt, mine keeps getting pinched...but after a couple for these foo-foo drinks, I think I'm starting to like it. :-p

• #3,144
Moonbear said:
You missed everything. Evo became a shaman and cast a money spell on me.

Something went awry and I turned into a golddigger instead of an heiress. I question the "sacrificed chicken" she used. I think she might have substituted a bucket of original recipe from KFC. :biggrin:

• #3,145
Huckleberry said:
Oh, sorry. Am I not supposed to do that while you're talking to me.
I didn't even bribe you with candy yet, young man! :-p
Math Is Hard said:
Oh, yeah - "Shallow Hal". I liked that movie.
Have you seen "50 First Dates" (2004)?

Tagline: Imagine having to win over the girl of your dreams... every friggin' day.

Plot Outline: Adam Sandler plays a man who falls in love with Lucy (Drew Barrymore), a woman with short-term memory loss. Therefore, Lucy never remembers Sandler and this proves to be a pain for him as he always has to gain her back every day.

Interesting premise--ah...

• #3,146
SOS2008 said:
Speaking of butt, mine keeps getting pinched...but after a couple for these foo-foo drinks, I think I'm starting to like it. :-p

How come nobody's pinching my butt?

Math Is Hard said:
You missed everything. Evo became a shaman and cast a money spell on me.

Something went awry and I turned into a golddigger instead of an heiress. I question the "sacrificed chicken" she used. I think she might have substituted a bucket of original recipe from KFC.

Glad I wasn't around to see that. I wouldn't want to be part of the collateral damage of one of those miscast spells! :eek: Geez, she could have at least gotten the extra crispy. :rolleyes:

• #3,147
SOS2008 said:
Ah...picking lint off someone is considered an affectionate behavior--wait, off my butt?
I'm very affectionate and horny.

SOS2008 said:
Oooops sorry, you were talking about a signature. No you don't need approval. Hmmm... I see it -- you got it!
Whaddaya mean, you see it? I got it? I don't see it. Is there some kind of filter that... oh crap. I'll be right back...

Okay... I found it. Somehow when I created it, my CP deselected the 'show signatures' box. I wasn't seeing anybody's, not just my own. I'm so used to skipping over them that I didn't notice. Now that I've seen it, I think I'll go change the colour. :approve:

• #3,148
Danger said:
Whaddaya mean, you see it? I got it? I don't see it. Is there some kind of filter that... oh crap. I'll be right back...

Okay... I found it. Somehow when I created it, my CP deselected the 'show signatures' box. I wasn't seeing anybody's, not just my own. I'm so used to skipping over them that I didn't notice. Now that I've seen it, I think I'll go change the colour. :approve:

:smile: :smile: I could just imagine you smacking your forehead with your hand as you were in the middle of typing that. :smile:

• #3,149
Moonbear said:
How come nobody's pinching my butt?
Girlfriend, we're in philosophy at the Tiki Bar.
Danger said:

Yeh--that's even better!

• #3,150
SOS2008 said:
Girlfriend, we're in philosophy at the Tiki Bar.

I must have been in the wrong subforum. :frown: I'll just peek in the doors of all of them and I guess I'll know I'm in the right place when my butt gets pinched. Is that tonight's secret signal? :biggrin:

Back