Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
zoobyshoe said:
I just caught a mouse with my bare hands.

Just be careful what you catch with your mouse hands...

Physics news on Phys.org
It's not surprising you caught a mouse with your bear hands. I hope you didn't squish it.

Random Thoughts thread is definitely a magnet, whoever comes here follows a spiral path and must come back to post more.. the only concern is what happens at the end of it??

The mouse was cornered. I just picked it up by the tail. First time I've tried that; I was afraid they could bend around and bite you.

Anyway, I dropped it into a pickle jar and let it go in the alley a couple hundred yards away. Hopefully, it will lay low when cats are around and remain an outdoor mouse.

zoobyshoe said:
The mouse was cornered. I just picked it up by the tail. First time I've tried that; I was afraid they could bend around and bite you.

Anyway, I dropped it into a pickle jar and let it go in the alley a couple hundred yards away. Hopefully, it will lay low when cats are around and remain an outdoor mouse.

Are you sure a flea didn't jump off and land in your fur somewhere?:frown:

Gad said:
Random Thoughts thread is definitely a magnet, whoever comes here follows a spiral path and must come back to post more.. the only concern is what happens at the end of it??

A sequel is created. Bigger. Better. Randomer.

I post on this thread more than in any thread having to do with math or physics. It'd kind of sad. But I like you guys. Even if we aren't talking science, it's like...understood.

-Dave K

Just played the Sugar Ros vid for my bartender.

We decided that Iceland is beautiful.

pf.iceland.sigur.ros.jpg

Though, as a youngster, she laughed at the antenna on the roof.

:-p

Today was a good day. But not a good day to die, as there are things to do.

Hang on kids.

Just saw a pic from my nephew, um grand nephew, um...

this is a picture posted within the last few minutes by my cousins daughters husband.

I think it is quite pretty.

1014325_10151443098461960_1713835601_n.jpg

my apologies that it has exceeded the width rules. :blushing:

Nice to see the new bycicles in the city, and, specially , all the new parking spaces for bikes; hopefully people will think twice before using their car to come to the city. A couple of times the streets have been closed tocar traffic to allow for parades and it feels great not to have cars and car noise around.

But the problem my Venezuelan friend calls "the unwanted side-order of culo" is still pretty prevalent ,i.e., the problem of people showing the cracks in their behinds by wearing their pants around their knees. Common, I don't want to see your crack. Maybe I should carry something disgusting and show it to them when they display their cracks. Maybe I can get some nasty
hemorrhoid pictures and show them to all the people wearing their pants down to their knees. Dude, I'm eating, please pull your pants up.

Last edited:
Lucky Mouse!

I'm so glad I learned to walk with my feet today. I can finally go bare handed over the summer! The difficulty finding summer time hand-shoes (considering the snow) is insurmountable.

Advanced advice:
If you want to run with scissors, run backwards. Do the same with flippers to travel at higher speeds around pools.

Someone remind me to pay my bills, please.

zoobyshoe said:
Someone remind me to pay my bills, please.

No need, just send me your credit card info and I'll do it for you.

Oh, and your bills. :biggrin:

Gad said:
No need, just send me your credit card info and I'll do it for you.

Oh, and your bills. :biggrin:
Hehe, I bet you will.

Bacle2 said:
Nice to see the new bycicles in the city, and, specially , all the new parking spaces for bikes; hopefully people will think twice before using their car to come to the city. A couple of times the streets have been closed tocar traffic to allow for parades and it feels great not to have cars and car noise around.

But the problem my Venezuelan friend calls "the unwanted side-order of culo" is still pretty prevalent ,i.e., the problem of people showing the cracks in their behinds by wearing their pants around their knees. Common, I don't want to see your crack. Maybe I should carry something disgusting and show it to them when they display their cracks. Maybe I can get some nasty
hemorrhoid pictures and show them to all the people wearing their pants down to their knees. Dude, I'm eating, please pull your pants up.

They can't help it.

Anatomy-of-an-Urban-Thug.jpg

dkotschessaa said:
They can't help it.

Anatomy-of-an-Urban-Thug.jpg

I've heard that different species can evolve into very similar body types.

I believe this portion of humanity is evolving into Northern Harbor seals.

Northern-Fur-Seal-Skeleton-300x210.jpg

Someone just told me they were wearing "Spanz".

I misheard what she said several times.

Then I googled it.

It is not something to be afraid of googling.

-------------------------
I am old. Sorry if "EVERYONE" knows what Spanz are, except for me...
Actually, I'm not sorry.
Today is a very good day, again. :smile:

OmCheeto said:
Someone just told me they were wearing "Spanz".

I misheard what she said several times.

Then I googled it.

It is not something to be afraid of googling.

-------------------------
I am old. Sorry if "EVERYONE" knows what Spanz are, except for me...
Actually, I'm not sorry.
Today is a very good day, again. :smile:
You mean "spanx"?

Evo said:
You mean "spanx"?

yes...

soorrryyyyy!...

Zoobyshoe:

Just a reminder that you need to pay our bills.Dave K:
Nice ,haha. But the picture does not show the brain being down there too.

Last edited:
OmCheeto said:
I've heard that different species can evolve into very similar body types.

It is called convergent evolution.

URGHHHHHH! Why is it losing connection when it's in the middle of the online lecture?

So glad to be back in class. (Summer session started Monday). I was starting to to a Florida version of Jack Nicholson in the shining.

And not this version either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os6raCCmAFk

More like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRnvalwBhy8

Last edited:
Hey Borek, just curious: how come your president has first-name Donald? Maybe I just naively thought that Polish names were Andrezj, Lech, Woctej (sorry for my spelling; these are three Polish people I know). I know in parts of Latin America mix Spanish and English names; I have seen kids with compound names like Scott Jesus and Fernando Larry. Is the same the case in Poland?

My conversation bombs have expanded into the web:

I have the questionable distinction of having done posts in hot threads only to see the threads die out, right after my post. This would happen to me at-times in person, where I would walk into an animated conversation, then say (unvoluntarily)something bizarre, and see the conversation die out. I don't know, I hope I haven't said something incredibly-stupid; hopefully just a bit bizarre.

That same thing happens to me Bacle2!

I find sometimes people don't have the time for "deep thought" so when people ask a question that can't be avoided, they come back later to the thread.

Bacle2 said:
My conversation bombs have expanded into the web:

I have the questionable distinction of having done posts in hot threads only to see the threads die out, right after my post. This would happen to me at-times in person, where I would walk into an animated conversation, then say (unvoluntarily)something bizarre, and see the conversation die out. I don't know, I hope I haven't said something incredibly-stupid; hopefully just a bit bizarre.

HayleySarg said:
That same thing happens to me Bacle2!

My "subscribed threads" is a veritable graveyard of threads I have apparently killed.

Many interpretations come to mind:

I have said something so bizarre/stupid/pointless no-one knows how to reply.
I have settled the matter completely and no further comment is needed.
I have won the discussion.
I have lost the discussion.

-Dave K

When all else fails, I always assume I won the discussion.

I take a sick pride in arguing a point so clearly that the opponent cannot formulate a response. This was wonderful in Debate.

My boyfriend doesn't seem to share the same positive feelings about it.

I'm wondering why nobody has made this joke yet, to my knowledge:

Q: Why couldn't the guy leave the russian airport?
A: Cuz he was snowed in.

A friend told that joke today just before a meeting started this morning.

Clever. ><

Bacle2 said:
Hey Borek, just curious: how come your president has first-name Donald?

Prime minister, not president. President has a typical Polish name Bronisław.

Tusk father was also Donald. Could be it is a name more popular between Kashubians (Tusk claims he is Kashubian). To be honest, I have no idea, but both his first and second name are quite rare here.

Maybe I just naively thought that Polish names were Andrezj, Lech, Woctej (sorry for my spelling; these are three Polish people I know).

It changes with time. In 2012 most popular names given to boys in Poland were:

1 JAKUB 12981
2 SZYMON 10005
3 KACPER 8382
4 FILIP 8106
5 MICHAŁ 7351
6 MATEUSZ 7007
7 BARTOSZ 6480
8 WOJCIECH 5358
9 ADAM 5169
10 WIKTOR 5086
11 PIOTR 5020
12 JAN 4813
13 DAWID 4780
14 MIKOŁAJ 4517
15 IGOR 4169
16 MACIEJ 4051
17 ALEKSANDER 3972
18 ANTONI 3894
19 PATRYK 3499
20 DOMINIK 3462

When I was at primary school we had at some point 8 Roberts in the class, of the names listed in my generation only Adam, Wojciech, Piotr, Jan and Maciej were used - all others were pretty rare.

I know in parts of Latin America mix Spanish and English names; I have seen kids with compound names like Scott Jesus and Fernando Larry. Is the same the case in Poland?

No such thing here. I believe that's because Poland is quite homogeneous when it comes to nationality/ethnicity. We have several ethnic minorities, but they are either small or not that different from Poles Poles.

HayleySarg said:
A friend told that joke today just before a meeting started this morning.

Clever. ><

Yeah, I couldn't have been the only one to think of it...

I always think that to myself when I come up with a "good" idea (Good is subjective... really)

If I came up with it, someone must have found it out a long time ago.

When I found out that if you kept adding

1+ 1/1! + 1/2! + 1/3! ...

got closer and closer to e, not too long after he showed e to me (and factorials)

I ran and told my father and he laughed and laughed. >=/ He told me that's why he explained the two together and that I hadn't discovered anything new or unknown.

*grumble*

HayleySarg said:
I always think that to myself when I come up with a "good" idea (Good is subjective... really)

If I came up with it, someone must have found it out a long time ago.

When I found out that if you kept adding

1+ 1/1! + 1/2! + 1/3! ...

got closer and closer to e, not too long after he showed e to me (and factorials)

I ran and told my father and he laughed and laughed. >=/ He told me that's why he explained the two together and that I hadn't discovered anything new or unknown.

*grumble*

Keep trying.

I invented:

caller ID
mirrors in the car that you can adjust with a button
the concept behind the movie "Look Who's Talking" (To this day I refuse to see the movie. Of course, that, and the fact that it's a terrible concept for a movie. But I think I was 10 years old when I thought of it.)

Well, I didn't *invent* them, but I had the idea for all of them before they existed.

-Dave K

Bacle2 said:
Zoobyshoe:Just a reminder that you need to pay our bills.
Yikes! I'll get right on it!

Wait a minute. "Our" bills?

I think not.