Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #2,521
Borg said:
Has anyone lost their car keys? I found some near my house last night.
Someone got a nice Christmas eve present. One of my neighbors stopped by to say that his sister-in-law made an offhand comment about her husband losing his key the other day. That neighbor was one of three that I talked to about it.

fluidistic said:
What on Earth is wrong with youtube!
Every single time I visit youtube, I see a "عرض YouTube باللغة العربية" message on the top of the page. I used google translate and apparently it asks me whether I want to use youtube in Arabic? What?! So I always hit the cross to close this message, but then it's back again when I revisit the website.
I don't watch videos in Arabic, I don't understand Arabic and I don't live in a country where Arabic is spoken. I don't have any settings in google account where I have set "Arabic" as my tongue... Why this bothering message then?
Then at the bottom of the page, it says "Country: Spain", I always switch it to Argentina (I live in Argentina), because I do not want to see recommended videos that are popular in Spain... But then again, as soon as I close the web browser and re open it and enter youtube, it is reset to Spain. That's really annoying.
Try deleting your cookies for YouTube.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,522
I just IPUed someone...thats one thing off the list.

• #2,523
zoobyshoe said:
So, you want us to cry for you, Argentina?
Ahaha yes why not? :D

Borg said:
Try deleting your cookies for YouTube.
I just tried it. I restarted the browser (iron srw), entered youtube and saw that message in Arabic again, followed by a message "we have preset your language to Spanish of Latin America". Erasing the cookies disconnected my google account to my youtube one. Once I remade the connection, I still saw the message in Arabic, it reset my language to French (at least, I chose this setting and it is kept in memory unlike the other settings) but my selected country is still "Spain".
So overall I am at the exact same point as before clearing the cookies (around 20 in total).

• #2,524
Is it the same when you open an anonymous browser window?

• #2,525
It's probably a Google search engine problem. Arabic and Argentina both start with Ar. That's near enough for an "I'm feeling lucky" match :smile:

• #2,528
fluidistic said:
What on Earth is wrong with youtube!
Every single time I visit youtube, I see a "عرض YouTube باللغة العربية" message on the top of the page. I used google translate and apparently it asks me whether I want to use youtube in Arabic? What?! So I always hit the cross to close this message, but then it's back again when I revisit the website.
I don't watch videos in Arabic, I don't understand Arabic and I don't live in a country where Arabic is spoken. I don't have any settings in google account where I have set "Arabic" as my tongue... Why this bothering message then?
Then at the bottom of the page, it says "Country: Spain", I always switch it to Argentina (I live in Argentina), because I do not want to see recommended videos that are popular in Spain... But then again, as soon as I close the web browser and re open it and enter youtube, it is reset to Spain. That's really annoying.

It's in your blood, fluidistic. :biggrin: :-p

• #2,529
fluidistic said:
I just tried it. I restarted the browser (iron srw), entered youtube and saw that message in Arabic again, followed by a message "we have preset your language to Spanish of Latin America". Erasing the cookies disconnected my google account to my youtube one. Once I remade the connection, I still saw the message in Arabic, it reset my language to French (at least, I chose this setting and it is kept in memory unlike the other settings) but my selected country is still "Spain".
So overall I am at the exact same point as before clearing the cookies (around 20 in total).
Did you check it before you reconnected Google to YouTube? I suspect that you have something in your Google or YouTube settings that are doing this. I would log out of both, close the browser, reopen it, and see what the page looks like without logging in.

• #2,530
AlephZero said:
It's probably a Google search engine problem. Arabic and Argentina both start with Ar. That's near enough for an "I'm feeling lucky" match :smile:

He could have been asked if he wanted the page translated into Pirate.

• #2,531
Borek said:
Is it the same when you open an anonymous browser window?
Good idea.
No, it is not the same. The blue banner says "Ver YouTube en Español (España)" instead of the Arabic message, so clearly it seems to be related to my google account which by the way has nothing to do with Arabic either.
It sets the language to Spanish (Latin America), just as when I removed the cookies. When I'm connected with my google account the default language is French (as I want it to be) and is a saved settings I don't have to change every single time I open youtube; unlike the country.
And the country by default is set to Spain... So the country doesn't seem to be set with the IP adress, no idea on how they set it.
Gad said:
It's in your blood, fluidistic. :biggrin: :-p
I'm starting to believe this. :biggrin:

• #2,532
Why are people fleeing away from chat room?

• #2,533
Meet José Mujica, the humble president of Uraguay.

http://www.viralnova.com/poorest-president/

Uruguayan President José Mujica has a well-earned reputation for a personal style that is assertively ... let us call it informal. It's part of the 78-year-old politician's practice of eschewing all trappings of power and status; he gives away most of his salary, lives in a small, one-bedroom apartment and drives an old VW Beetle instead of taking the customary limousine. He's often called "the world's poorest president," although the former guerrilla and Marxist resists the label. He's not a victim of poverty, after all; he's a political leader who cares deeply about economic inequality and is making an effort to lead by example.

. . . .
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...uguays-president-must-be-seen-to-be-believed/

• #2,534
Gad said:

Oversleeping?:biggrin:

• #2,535
Gad said:
When chat is always open (for Gold Members), there is no compelling reason to be in there as much as when it was only open at certain times. I see people stopping in all day and people keep missing each other sometimes by only a minute. Plus school is out for winter break, many people are traveling for the holidays, so aren't on the forum as much right now.

• #2,536
###
|= =|
.\ o /
.<->,
. 'v'
------------------
Yes, I am that bored...
:zzz:

Last edited:
  • #2,537
Evo said:
When chat is always open (for Gold Members), there is no compelling reason to be in there as much as when it was only open at certain times. I see people stopping in all day and people keep missing each other sometimes by only a minute. Plus school is out for winter break, many people are traveling for the holidays, so aren't on the forum as much right now.

I just wanted to have company last night cause I was scared. :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Oversleeping?:biggrin:

:biggrin:

*goes to chat room*

• #2,538
Evo said:

I need to stop by chat sometime again. I miss my PF friends.

• #2,539
AnTiFreeze3 said:
I need to stop by chat sometime again. I miss my PF friends.
Well, get yer buns in there!

• #2,540
I like the new notifications on my phone.:approve:

• #2,541
phion said:
I like the new notifications on my phone.:approve:

LOL, I just configured my new phone to use the same sound my old did: ... -- ...

It required recording the sound and saving it in mp3 format :rolleyes: I could probably do FFT and generate it pure (judging from the waveform signal is pretty simple, and I will get rid of the recording noise). I may even do that one day if I become bored enough.

Marzena immediately asked me to do the same with her old mobile sound (we both got new phones for Christmas).

• #2,542
How does Doofenshmirtz know that Agent P's real name is Perry?
:/

• #2,543
Evo said:
Well, get yer buns in there!

It doesn't seem to work with my iPad :(

• #2,544
Enigman said:
How does Doofenshmirtz know that Agent P's real name is Perry?
:/

Wow, I never thought of that! Another missing bit of back story. Personally, I try to avoid any attempt to apply rational logic to Phineas and Ferb, as it's more fun to just go along with it.

• #2,545
I wish wishing worked.

• #2,546
KUWAIT-100011.jpg

• #2,547
Gad said:
KUWAIT-100011.jpg

1991. That was almost half my lifetime ago.

• #2,548
I learned how to say "I know nothing" from a lady at work today.

It sounded like; "Al ak it"

Which sounded a bit like; "I like it".

She is from Ethiopia.

We like each other.

• #2,549
lisab said:
I wish wishing worked.

You can always work a working wish.
(Or wok a waking fish)

• #2,550
Pep Her Anyway!
Hey, Wear Nappy!
------------------------
nag a ram

• #2,551
Enigman said:
Pep Her Anyway!
Hey, Wear Nappy!
------------------------
nag a ram
We Pry Any Heap.
Why Paper A Yen?
A Hyper New Yap!

Last edited:
  • #2,552
Enigman said:
Pep Her Anyway!
Hey, Wear Nappy!
------------------------
nag a ram

Hunt okay!

• #2,553
OmCheeto said:
I learned how to say "I know nothing" from a lady at work today.

It sounded like; "Al ak it"

Which sounded a bit like; "I like it".

She is from Ethiopia.

We like each other.

:redface:

Trust nothing I say or post unless it is written down in front of my eyes.

The phrase is; "A lak em"

ps. I look like Bill Moyers in a tiara on New Years Eve when I put on a tiara.

• #2,554
OmCheeto said:
ps. I look like Bill Moyers in a tiara on New Years Eve when I put on a tiara.

Pics or it didn't happen.

• #2,555
Enigman said:
###
|= =|
.\ o /
.<->,
. 'v'
------------------
Yes, I am that bored...
:zzz:

fd6c926aa2e51b99dfbf30e6a6ca96d2f2c9487b4988c2a0a5afc4cf00b48707_1.gif