Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #1,261
OmCheeto said:

Dude, your post count just made me laugh.

pf.69.snicker.snicker.jpg

:blushing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY6dIxQTaf8

Ok then, I'm off to the nudist beach.

:biggrin:

The post count was unintentional; Honest!
:-p
p.s. sorry
Why? That just had me really laughing out loud.
You would be a good [STRIKE]fiend[/STRIKE] friend to have...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,262
More pics of the Passion Fruit Flower. It's too unbelievable.

Attachments

• PFF1.jpg
    PFF1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 383
  • PFF2.jpg
    PFF2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 344
  • PFF21:2.jpg
    PFF21:2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 408
  • PFF3.jpg
    PFF3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 367
  • #1,263
I'll probably do it, but for now the answer is 42.

• #1,264
I just put together another CD for my car; this one contains more than an hour of Tchaikovsky's finest works. I just hope I don't do something stupid while driving and listening to the finale of the 1812 Overture.

• #1,265
AnTiFreeze3 said:
I just put together another CD for my car; this one contains more than an hour of Tchaikovsky's finest works. I just hope I don't do something stupid while driving and listening to the finale of the 1812 Overture.
I dunno. The idea of strapping a canon to your car and driving around shooting it off in time with the 1812 is almost as good as dropping napalm from helicopters blaring Die Valkirie.

When they arrest you, you could sniff deep and say something like, "I love the smell of cordite in the morning..."

• #1,266
My neighbor from around the corner:

Attachments

• Torty.jpg
    Torty.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 339
  • #1,267
zoobyshoe said:
Awesome!

• #1,268
zoobyshoe said:
More pics of the Passion Fruit Flower. It's too unbelievable.

They look like Dr Seuss drew them.

• #1,269
Look out Buddy (my duck). The female was circling above while the male was perched on my power pole just waiting.

MN11%2BMerlin%2B116_5003.jpg

• #1,270
zoobyshoe said:
@ thanks for the pic. -edited it a bit :devil:
Hope you don't mind, say hello to Torty from me.

Attachments

• PFF2.jpg
    PFF2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 382
  • #1,271
Ignoring elephants is a misinformation, worth a ban.

• #1,272
Evo said:
Awesome!
Yeah. I wish all my neighbors with dogs would get tortoises instead.

lisab said:
They look like Dr Seuss drew them.
Hmmm...he used to live in La Jolla, a little north of here. That would explain them.

• #1,273
Enigman said:
@ thanks for the pic. -edited it a bit :devil:
Hope you don't mind, say hello to Torty from me.
Interesting. What does it mean?

• #1,274
Enigman said:
You would be a good [STRIKE]fiend[/STRIKE] friend to have...

Reminds me of a Turkish postdoc student ... apparently written Turkish is a completely phonetic language - if you can say the alphabet, you can read anything correctly. There are no "double letter" sounds - e.g. th is always pronounced as in "hot-house", not as in "this" or "that".

The post-doc was very fond of using numbered lists of points in his presentations. And the t-hird one in the list usually raised a smile...

• #1,275
Oh no, I see the old obsolete Bohr model in the new Physics Forums logo :bugeye:. I...can't...breathe...help...I...am...suffocating...

• #1,276
Borek said:
Ignoring elephants is a misinformation, worth a ban.

Ban 'A Brief History Of Time' first then me :-p -Anyway Hawking's version is more popular than any hindu myths [Though I think he uses tortoises in the story...] and also including an elephant [or four, if you prefer] may have led to confusion...
( Want an elephant- just upload me a pic :wink: )

@zoobishoes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down

Last edited:
  • #1,277
DennisN said:
Oh no, I see the old obsolete Bohr model in the new Physics Forums logo :bugeye:. I...can't...breathe...help...I...am...suffocating...

:smile:

• #1,278
Running out of gum and coffee-need to get some ASAP.

• #1,279
My work seems to almost end here, I am still trying to move around to learn something new if any, to discover new bugs, etc. But everything would probably be around and around from now, there 'll be nothing really new with an old system to be upgraded. This is one of the reasons I personally am interested in changing my career from time to time. I need a fulltime job to work with one project for some months then change to another, which is really more interesting. Or trying to get drowsed with more than one project at the same time is what I may likely prefer... bored a little...

• #1,280
Enigman said:

In his travels among the Plains Indians in the 1830's, artist George Catlin met a shaman who told him the world was supported by a giant tortoise at each of the four cardinal compass points. The next day, the same shaman mentioned the Earth was resting on the back of one giant tortoise. Catlin stopped him and said, "Yesterday you told me it was FOUR giant tortoises." The shaman made a sour face and walked away.

It's interesting how many primitive peoples all over the world seem to have picked the tortoise to support it. Probably because it explains how the world could be so stable, usually, but also move sometimes, as in earthquakes.

• #1,281
Actually, I think there was another version of the myth in Hindu mythology: Instead of Four tortoises it was four elephants which stood on a giant tortoises.
The Norse explanation is my favorite: Loki* the miscreant god was chained and locked in a cave with a snake kept over his head, the snake would drop his venom on Loki but fortunately for him his wife would catch the falling venom in a bowl but when the bowl got filled up a few drops of venom would fall on Loki while his wife emptied the bowl, Loki writhed in pain causing earthquakes.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNS0vdKl2ThR3nyup0rk6ofnM2WsRvsVa8DILXcvVoswt69WslqA.jpg

*Yes, the guy from Avengers.

Last edited:
  • #1,282
One math nerd that you don't want to piss off :devil:

Attachments

• greek.jpg
    greek.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 572
  • archi2.jpg
    archi2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 678
  • #1,283
All of those tv commercials with cartoon characters singing and dancing about how awesome Blue Diamond Almond Milk is, so I broke down and paid almost $4 for a half gallon container.

I got it home, shook it up well, anticipating a wonderful taste of almonds, it's soy free and lactose free and...Flavor free!

Well, not completely flavor free, it tasted like someone had wrung out a piece of cardboard in a large vat of water, giving the water a slightly "off" taste. If someone had handed it to me without telling me what it was, I would have to say it was cold, dirty water.

I don't get it, why would anyone pay for this? I was going to use it on cereal, but it's just like water.

Would I recommend this to anyone? HELL NO!

And I'm requesting my money back, it's really that tasteless.

• #1,284
Evo said:
All of those tv commercials with cartoon characters singing and dancing about how awesome Blue Diamond Almond Milk is, so I broke down and paid almost $4 for a half gallon container.

I got it home, shook it up well, anticipating a wonderful taste of almonds, it's soy free and lactose free and...Flavor free!

Well, not completely flavor free, it tasted like someone had wrung out a piece of cardboard in a large vat of water, giving the water a slightly "off" taste. If someone had handed it to me without telling me what it was, I would have to say it was cold, dirty water.

I don't get it, why would anyone pay for this? I was going to use it on cereal, but it's just like water.

:biggrin: I couldn't imagine more than that.
I'm going to save my *mind* for an oral test I 'll have to take tomorrow

• #1,285
Evo said:

Looks tasty to me.o:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUPCaoNuRSQ

• #1,286
Evo said:

Aw too bad, I love the stuff! But it's hard for me to digest, ironically. Did you get Original or...what's the other one, Vanilla?

• #1,287
big drops fall straight down
unexpected visitor
not in the forecast

• #1,288
lisab said:
big drops fall straight down
unexpected visitor
not in the forecast

You need a forecast to know it will be raining? I was under impression it is lack of rain that is worth of forecasting.

• #1,289
Wow. I leave for a few months and the site has a brand-new look. I like it!

• #1,290
lisab said:
Aw too bad, I love the stuff!
:eek: I thought you drank the almond silk (soy) stuff. I didn't try that because I tasted soy milk once.

Did you get Original or...what's the other one, Vanilla?
Original.

Ok, I just gave it another try.

No, I cannot drink this stuff. Maybe it's a medication I'm on affecting something in it. It has no aroma, and this time it tasted bad, as opposed to yesterday when it just tasted "not good". If you were near me, I'd give it to you. :smile:

• #1,291
Today, the outcome could have been:
  • horrible,
  • really, really bad, or
  • bad but we can live with it.
All were equally likely. Turned out to be, bad but we can live with it. So, I'm happy.

• #1,292
lisab said:
Today, the outcome could have been:
  • horrible,
  • really, really bad, or
  • bad but we can live with it.
All were equally likely. Turned out to be, bad but we can live with it. So, I'm happy.

Or, to go along with your earlier post today, you could rephrase that as,
turned out to be bad
but we can live with it so
I am quite happy​

Likes 1 person
  • #1,293
If you decide you are going to, please rain chocolate milk so I can Walden inversion my umbrella into a cup.

• #1,294
collinsmark said:
Or, to go along with your earlier post today, you could rephrase that as,
turned out to be bad
but we can live with it so
I am quite happy​

that's fantastic :smile:

• #1,295
I just love it when you have a bottle with 200 tiny pills in it and the cap won't come off until suddenly, it pops off and the pills go flying all over the room. Finally, you manage to pick all of the pills up and place them back into the bottle, then as you go to set it on the counter, it slips and falls and...

Likes gracy