Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
I was proud to invent "disconcur"

Another moment of my father's laughter.

I still use disconcur in conversations.

Physics news on Phys.org
Bacle2 said:
My conversation bombs have expanded into the web:

I have the questionable distinction of having done posts in hot threads only to see the threads die out, right after my post. This would happen to me at-times in person, where I would walk into an animated conversation, then say (unvoluntarily)something bizarre, and see the conversation die out. I don't know, I hope I haven't said something incredibly-stupid; hopefully just a bit bizarre.
We used to have a thread here called, "The Thread-Killer Thread." Come to think of it, it became a lot like this thread, but a lot less civilized (things were different back then). Anyway, no one could kill it. As I recall, it was started by tribdog, who thought he had killed more threads than anyone, or some such.

HayleySarg said:
I was proud to invent "disconcur"

Another moment of my father's laughter.

I still use disconcur in conversations.

Inspired by this, I may remove the "dis" from "dispute", and start agreeing with people by saying, "I pute your arguments completely!"

So I just found out Jon Cryer, the actor who plays Alan Harper on Two and a Half Men, graduated from my high school. Mind = blown

I'd fully endorse it. In fact, I might do that. It'll be fun to watch their faces...

HayleySarg said:
It'll be fun to watch their faces...
I pute that.

Sigh. I went biking today, lost control and fell, twisting my knee. I am a victim of my healthy way of living.

It is probably nothing serious (it even didn't swell), but I have plenty of places I have to visit in the next few days, and limping around the city is not my favorite idea
grumpy_borek.png

Borek said:
Sigh. I went biking today, lost control and fell, twisting my knee. I am a victim of my healthy way of living.

It is probably nothing serious (it even didn't swell), but I have plenty of places I have to visit in the next few days, and limping around the city is not my favorite idea [PLAIN]http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/grumpy_borek.png[/QUOTE]Hope you are better soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to read this Borek, just because I love to see that grumpy face. :biggrin:

Get well soon :)

Borek said:

It is probably nothing serious (it even didn't swell), but I have plenty of places I have to visit in the next few days, and limping around the city is not my favorite idea [PLAIN]http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/grumpy_borek.png[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Sorry to hear. I fell on my knee while running a while ago. hard. I was out for a couple of months. Stupid fitness.

Borek said:

It is probably nothing serious (it even didn't swell), but I have plenty of places I have to visit in the next few days, and limping around the city is not my favorite idea [PLAIN]http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/grumpy_borek.png[/QUOTE]

Ice it anyway and put on a brace for a few days if you have one. I learned the hard way not to mess around with knee injuries.

Borek said:
I am a victim of my healthy way of living.
Yes. The heel of my left foot has been hurting for about 6 months, yet I can't stop myself from walking 1-2 hours a day, because I think walking is healthy.

Borek said:

It is probably nothing serious (it even didn't swell), but I have plenty of places I have to visit in the next few days, and limping around the city is not my favorite idea [PLAIN]http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/grumpy_borek.png[/QUOTE]Sometimes, "healthy" activities can be risky. I like to walk my dogs, but walking Lola (English bulldog/boxer mix) can be problematic. She is not very big, but incredibly powerful. Got a medium-sized ~50# of dog that is all bone and muscle with explosive speed? I'm only 61 and fairly fit, but she takes me by surprise at times.

Borek said:
Prime minister, not president. President has a typical Polish name Bronisław.

Tusk father was also Donald. Could be it is a name more popular between Kashubians (Tusk claims he is Kashubian). To be honest, I have no idea, but both his first and second name are quite rare here.
It changes with time. In 2012 most popular names given to boys in Poland were:

1 JAKUB 12981
2 SZYMON 10005
3 KACPER 8382
4 FILIP 8106
5 MICHAŁ 7351
6 MATEUSZ 7007
7 BARTOSZ 6480
8 WOJCIECH 5358
9 ADAM 5169
10 WIKTOR 5086
11 PIOTR 5020
12 JAN 4813
13 DAWID 4780
14 MIKOŁAJ 4517
15 IGOR 4169
16 MACIEJ 4051
17 ALEKSANDER 3972
18 ANTONI 3894
19 PATRYK 3499
20 DOMINIK 3462

When I was at primary school we had at some point 8 Roberts in the class, of the names listed in my generation only Adam, Wojciech, Piotr, Jan and Maciej were used - all others were pretty rare.
No such thing here. I believe that's because Poland is quite homogeneous when it comes to nationality/ethnicity. We have several ethnic minorities, but they are either small or not that different from Poles Poles.

Thanks, Borek. Is there still a penalty for having a high ratio of vowels to total name letters :)?

Here in the US we h

Last edited:
Ha, kind of weird, I went to Roosevelt Island for a tutoring gig, and the island is so small, I mean so small.

How small is it? It is so small that most stores have no name, since there is only one of each. There is no , say, "Ming's Chinese Restaurant", but just "Chinese Restaurant", and no Marty's "Laundromat" , just a sign that reads "Laundromat", since there is no confusion to be had. If someone asks 'which Chinese restaurant'? they'll be looked at with puzzlement: which one do you think?

Tip of the day: You can make whiteboards erasable again with WD40.

I am going to sneak into my math building soon and fix all the bad ones that everybody complains about. They will miraculously write beautifully again and nobody will probably even take note. They will just know that something, somehow, is better.

dkotschessaa said:
Tip of the day: You can make whiteboards erasable again with WD40.

I am going to sneak into my math building soon and fix all the bad ones that everybody complains about. They will miraculously write beautifully again and nobody will probably even take note. They will just know that something, somehow, is better.

Careful, that stuff can be toxic.

:eek:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/7/4/8/enhanced-buzz-4668-1372942791-19.jpg

:biggrin:

That is one big cat.

HayleySarg said:
That is one big cat.
No kidding!

HayleySarg said:
That is one big cat.
Hey, what's your favorite fish?

Bacle2 said:
Careful, that stuff can be toxic.

I'm not making cocktails with it or anything.

Though I think it should be made into a cologne. I love the smell.

Evo said:
Hey, what's your favorite fish?

D: I have to pick a favorite?!

Hmm. Salmon, Sashimi style!

Or maybe cod, or halibut, or flounder or ...

a random thought,
with out typing a epic story,

i sometimes wonder if dreams are a combined stored thought's (possibly subconscious,or unrealized) then purge when you are sleeping.

I wonder if that's true sometimes as well. I had a dream last night about my friend (she's in school but wants kids someday) having a kid but not being that great of a mom because she was stuck between social/work/school/child and she couldn't handle the four things well. IT was very vivid.

I never actively doubt her abilities, but the dream did. Hmm.

HEY GUYS I HAVE A REAL ACCOUNT NOW. /shamelessness

Last edited:
yeah, i think I'm going to be reading a lot of dream books,
time for philosophy.
i have looked into brain research, but there's no answers yet.

Yes, it seems like philosophers try to reach for answers until researchers actually get there.

I wonder if classic philosophy and the thought structure developed through that is what allowed us to start thinking of good questions anyways. Humans are so curious.

i can not find a place just to ask a PF forum question so i guess i'll post it here,

it can be deleted after i receive an answer.

i have a link form NASA technical reports
it's on,
Warp Field Mechanics

is it ok i start a topic and provide the links to it ?

I don't know. As long as it's not fluffy crackpot nonsense, I can't imagine it wouldn't be allowed. I did my senior paper in HS on warp field mechanics. It was 36 pages long LOL

I'd just be sure to link all related peer-reviewed journals. There's a list somewhere of what's allowed and what isn't as well as what's considered a valid source. I'l try and dig it up.

Yay for Evo's siggy

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=414380

Last edited:
HayleySarg said:
D: I have to pick a favorite?!

Hmm. Salmon, Sashimi style!

Or maybe cod, or halibut, or flounder or ...
THWACK! thwip...thwip...thwip

You have been officially fish slapped and initiated into the PF Sisterhood. :approve:

Congratulations!

Likes 1 person
Evo said:
THWACK! thwip...thwip...thwip

You have been officially fish slapped and initiated into the PF Sisterhood. :approve:

Congratulations!

A video of the procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9SSOWORzw4

D:

Is this a good thing?

I never wanted children.

https://www2.stetson.edu/secure/history/hy10430/cherokeecreation.html

For the record, I read the creation myth before seeing any Monty Python. ;)

Likes 1 person
HayleySarg said:
D:

Is this a good thing?

I never wanted children.

https://www2.stetson.edu/secure/history/hy10430/cherokeecreation.html

For the record, I read the creation myth before seeing any Monty Python. ;)
Oh dear... Our fish are sterile, no children after fish slapping. :eek:

Men came after the animals and plants. At first there were only a brother and sister until he struck her with a fish and told her to multiply, and so it was. In seven days a child was born to her, and thereafter every seven days another, and they increased very fast until there was danger that the world could not keep them. Then it was made that a woman should have only one child in a year, and it has been so ever since

Oh that's good to know. I'd rather not be a mom, besides, I just met you Evo. I'm sure you're lovely, but ...

I'd have a lot to explain to my boyfriend. And the scientific community.

HayleySarg said:
Oh that's good to know. I'd rather not be a mom, besides, I just met you Evo. I'm sure you're lovely, but ...

I'd have a lot to explain to my boyfriend. And the scientific community.
The first half human, half salmon. Hmmm...