Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #16,101
To get a better view?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #16,102
Borg said:
To get a better view?
I once went to the top of a building because I had heard there was a tornado in the area...

I had lived in Indiana for less than a year. The locals thought I was nuts. (They were probably right!)

-Dan

• #16,103
Screenshot_20230728_072420_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Likes davenn, artis, dextercioby and 3 others
  • #16,104
DrGreg said:
To rescue a member of your own family?
You see it in office buildings, I don't think it's likely your relatives are around. Buy, good point, I hadn't considered the perspective.

• #16,105
topsquark said:
I once went to the top of a building because I had heard there was a tornado in the area...

I had lived in Indiana for less than a year. The locals thought I was nuts. (They were probably right!)

-Dan
Years ago when I smoked, I went downstairs to go outside my building for a smoke. When I got to the ground floor, there was a bunch of people crowded along the large windows in the lobby staring at the building next door. When I asked what was going on, I was told that there was an active shooting going on there and that he might be on the roof. I looked at the building with its perfect view of our target-rich environment and went back upstairs - those people were nuts.

Likes topsquark
  • #16,106
As a mortician, I always tie the shoelaces together of the dead. Cause if there is ever a zombie apocalypse, it will be hilarious.

Likes Ibix, BillTre and WWGD
  • #16,107
victorian-writers.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Likes Swamp Thing, artis, hutchphd and 2 others
  • #16,108
WWGD said:
But why would you go upstairs if there's a fire?
Why would you use it at all if the sign says you can't use it in case there might be a fire? It's like disabled toilets. What's the point in having them if they're always disabled?

• #16,109
WWGD said:
But why would you go upstairs if there's a fire?

The sign is meant for all the people who only enter the elevator to listen to the magnificent elevator music.

• #16,111
Ibix said:
Why would you use it at all if the sign says you can't use it in case there might be a fire? It's like disabled toilets. What's the point in having them if they're always disabled?
But why is then there a sign to that effect on the ground floor? It makes sense in upper floors, not in the ground floor. That's my point.

• #16,112
WWGD said:
But why is then there a sign to that effect on the ground floor? It makes sense in upper floors, not in the ground floor. That's my point.
I do not understand especially your concern! It is you who lives in a society where everybody can sue anybody for what the rest of us would consider large nonsense. I have read about cases in the US that would never ever be accepted here by a court.

Thus, if the regulation says "in every floor" then it has to be in every floor, regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

Last edited:
  • #16,114
WWGD said:
If the goal is to create a cultural awareness, the ground floor is a much better place for the sign than any other floor.

In addition, if you put it outside the elevator on every floor, the installers never have to remember the exception. It's the same reason that I use the turn signal when no one else is nearby.

Likes WWGD, Bystander and berkeman
  • #16,116
jbriggs444 said:
If the goal is to create a cultural awareness, the ground floor is a much better place for the sign than any other floor.

In addition, if you put it outside the elevator on every floor, the installers never have to remember the exception. It's the same reason that I use the turn signal when no one else is nearby.
Fair-enough, redundancy is often needed.

Likes berkeman
  • #16,117
fresh_42 said:
I do not understand especially your concern! It is you who lives in a society where everybody can sue anybody for what the rest of us would consider large nonsense. I have read about cases in the US that would never ever be accepted here by a court.

Thus, if the regulation says "in every floor" then it has to be in every floor, regardless of whether it makes sense or not.
Although it seems true that in US one can sue for very mediocre everyday stuff , especially if one has the money I assume, but I think that is better than the other end where for example in countries like the one in which I live , one sometimes can't even sue for important stuff, especially if one doesn't have the money or health to go through the process.

Since this is a joke thread, let me just throw in some real world dark humor based on true experience.
Once a mad (mental patient) who was aggressive and angry ran into my apartment searching for someone.
Imagine a large muscular man with bald head, not the nicest thing around.
Later as I talked to the police I filed a complaint and I asked the police officer, is this a criminal case where someone just busts into your house?
He replied, if the door wasn't locked and no humans or stuff was damaged then no!
He suggested locking doors and possibly building a stronger physique in the future to deter such cases...

He essentially told me I need to go to gym more often...

Owning a gun in my country is very complicated, and we are limited to basically only hunting rifles or 9mm handguns. I would say in cases like these having a gun is not a bad thing, otherwise here in Europe they tell you to go to gym.
I forgot to ask him whether I should try out some martial arts too as that might help.

• #16,118
Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 8.01.53 AM.png

• Haha
Likes jtbell, jack action, Borg and 1 other person
  • #16,120
What do you call two monkeys who share an Amazon account?
Prime mates

• Haha
Likes jack action, BillTre and Borg
  • #16,121
_nc_ohc=uJJgfoUKIVkAX9P5jjo&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-2.jpg

Likes jack action
  • #16,122
1690644915633.png

• Haha
Likes WWGD, Wrichik Basu, BillTre and 4 others
  • #16,123
phinds said:
When I was in High School, my sister was bored and decided to drag me to the mall to window shop for clothes. After over an hour, the third store, and the lost hope that she might actually buy something after all, I decided to get even. She went back to try a stack of clothes on and I started flirting with the assistants. (They picked up with what was going on pretty quickly, and started flirting back). She came out, put down the clothes and practically dragged me out of the mall. She never dragged me out again.

-Dan

(No, I didn't get a date).

• #16,124
_nc_ohc=JaWCO5E6jYEAX8nuf2W&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-1.jpg

• Haha
Likes nuuskur, BillTre, Ivan Seeking and 1 other person
  • #16,125
fresh_42 said:

When he was making the movie JAWS, Spielberg named the mechanical shark Bruce; named after his lawyer,

Likes BillTre
  • #16,126
The water in the Gulf of Mexico is so hot that when you catch a fish, you don't even need cook it.

It's so hot in Phoenix that many residents are growing horns and a tail.

• #16,127
_nc_ohc=GfnZSTzeZVMAX8A4Hx7&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-1.jpg

... and now I can't get rid of that earworm ...

Last edited:
  • Love
Likes Ivan Seeking, Borg, BillTre and 1 other person
  • #16,129
phinds said:
1690644915633-png.png
Actually that is also how I feel (a man) when shopping for my own clothes...

Those factory sized shopping malls and the endless barrage of clothes , it can overload a practical man like me, I mean why has humanity invented so many clothes?

The culprit is that fashion designers have convinced the world that it is an actual job their doing

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #16,130
fresh_42 said:
... and now I can't get rid of that earworm ...
Hear here

• Haha
Likes fresh_42
  • #16,131
The 10 hour version: :nb)

• Wow
Likes BillTre
  • #16,133
_nc_ohc=vJbW3KySNPwAX-m1eri&_nc_ht=scontent-fra5-2.jpg

• Haha
  • Informative
Likes Wrichik Basu, russ_watters, Ivan Seeking and 2 others
  • #16,134
fly-trap-warning.jpg

• Haha
Likes russ_watters, Ivan Seeking, berkeman and 2 others
  • #16,135
How many mystery writers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Two. One to screw it almost all the way in and the other to give it a surprising twist at the end.

-Dan

• Haha
Likes DaveC426913, artis, russ_watters and 2 others