Find the Building: Solve the Clues & Show the Map!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the city is located in France, close to a river and a train station, and it is in the center of the city.
Pepper Mint said:
Stonehenge is so familiar across Britain, Scotland and many other parts of Europe.
The one in the riddle is over 7,000 kliks away from the Salisbury edifice. (Stonehenge is also a great album by Ten years After) :cool:

Likes Pepper Mint
Science news on Phys.org
1oldman2 said:
Sweet! I've never seen that. Thanks I bookmarked for further reading and exploring. :thumbup:
So can I be up with my riddle, it's very difficult ?

Likes 1oldman2
Pepper Mint said:
So can I be up with my riddle, it's very difficult ?
First you must answer mine :smile:
Stonehenge is a familiar landmark, find the other Henge on G Earth that commemorates a nations obsession. Geo Coordinates, or nearest village's name wins this round. :wink:
But I am curious about your riddle am anxious to see it.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
I think we need another clue 1oldman2 please, there are so many henges around the world

Likes 1oldman2 and ProfuselyQuarky
Yaaas, and there are so many in England D-:

Likes 1oldman2
ProfuselyQuarky said:

1oldman2 says the he is looking for is 7000 miles from stone henge so that precludes England and Europe.

Likes 1oldman2
wolram said:
1oldman2 says the he is looking for is 7000 miles from stone henge so that precludes England and Europe.
"kilks" means miles? I had no idea . . . I thought that was a typo . . .

wolram said:
I think we need another clue 1oldman2 please, there are so many henges around the world
coming right up :smile:

ProfuselyQuarky said:
I had no idea how many were in the UK until i got looking around. Stand by for clue #2.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
wolram said:
You are correct on precluding UK and Europe,
1oldman2 said:
find the other Henge on G Earth that commemorates a nations obsession
This is a telling piece of the riddle, another is the distance from Salisbury. So your next clue would be, This Henge was relatively recently constructed in a farmers field and it has nothing to do with crop circles.:wink:

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky said:
"kilks" means miles? I had no idea . . . I thought that was a typo . . .
Actually "Kliks is a US military slang for Kilometers, A person might use the "ruler" on G Earth to find the approximate area by describing a roughly 7,000 Kilometer circle with Stonehenge as the center.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky and wolram
1oldman2 said:
That would be the one :partytime:As you can see no Druids were involved in the construction.

You crafty 1oldman2:biggrin:

Likes ProfuselyQuarky and 1oldman2
I can not think of a good riddle so let Peppermint have a go, she says hers is a good one let's see:biggrin:

Likes 1oldman2
wolram said:
I can not think of a good riddle so let Peppermint have a go, she says hers is a good one let's see:biggrin:
I concur :thumbup:

Oh, nice one wolram and clever riddle 1oldman2!

(though how do we know Peppermint is a "she" :wink:)

Likes 1oldman2
1oldman2 said:
commemorates a nations obsession
wolram said:
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2606

Is this quirky henge the one you mean?
1oldman2 said:
That would be the one
Those weird, cray Americans and their odd obsessions o0)

Oh, wait, I'm one of those people, too. Nevermind :rolleyes:

Likes 1oldman2
Thank you everyone for giving me a pass.
Here goes my short easy riddle (of facts).
There he stands white and naked in front of a big house in Europe.
He is not circumcised.
So who is he ?

Pepper Mint said:
So who is he ?
david.PNG

First guess would be Michelangelo's (not the mutant ninja turtle) David in Florence, Italy?

1oldman2 said:
View attachment 99453
First guess would be Michelangelo's (not the mutant ninja turtle) David in Florence, Italy?
No longer a guess now, very good 1oldman2, you hit it on.
Your turn now!

Likes 1oldman2
I thought it might be this guy ( hey he has to be naked underneath ), but the Micki guy answer seems more reasonable.
http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M45c79b9e50a7f95fd86072c53d394b85o0&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
( Buckingham palace )

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay! with every ones permission I would like to try something different this time. :biggrin:
This time around you need to identify the location of this picture.
82455603.jpg

Likes ProfuselyQuarky and Infinitum
That looks like the Tsar bomb . . . so the location would be the Russian island of Nova Zembla probably? Good thing that that place is remote!

(awesome picture, 1oldman2!)

Likes 1oldman2
ProfuselyQuarky said:
That looks like the Tsar bomb . . . so the location would be the Russian island of Nova Zembla probably? Good thing that that place is remote!

(awesome picture, 1oldman2!)
I thought that was the tsar bomb for a long time based on some inaccurate info there aren't any images like this of the tsar. the topography in the pic is your best clue. 4/22 is R. Oppenheimer's birthday by the way. :partytime:

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
upload_2016-4-22_11-3-57.jpeg

I do not know which bomb this is but the island is Moruroa

With your permission i will post this one:
A place in England were thing grow on the roof.
A hard cheese and eat more than your fill.
EDIT
I want a google Earth location.

Last edited:
Likes 1oldman2
Are you still with it 1oldman2??

I expect "thing grow on floor" too. Cheese made it easy. Still very little time - perhaps in 3 weeks or so!

Likes wolram
wolram said:
Are you still with it 1oldman2??
o_O Yup I'm still in but have been to a funeral in the middle of Wyoming for the weekend. Almost home then I'll focus on the game.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
1oldman2 said:
o_O Yup I'm still in but have been to a funeral in the middle of Wyoming for the weekend. Almost home then I'll focus on the game.
Aside from the fact that you were attending a funeral, I hope you had a good trip!

Likes 1oldman2
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Aside from the fact that you were attending a funeral, I hope you had a good trip!
I tend to avoid funerals but this one was necessary. Trip was great, Wyoming has awesome cell service even in the middle of nowhere.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
wolram said:
With your permission i will post this one:
A place in England were thing grow on the roof.
A hard cheese and eat more than your fill.
EDIT
I want a google Earth location.
You Brits have an advantage on me here, while I'm relatively sure my problem is "search parameter choices" I must beg you for another clue. :sorry:

Back