Moving: Pros & Cons of My Dream Place

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the woman is considering moving to save money, but her children want to move in with her to save money as well. She's looking at two apartments and one has a steep staircase and large window, while the other has a attached two car garage and kitchen. The problem is that she'll have to pay for the added rent and her children want the one with the bathtub.

turbo-1 said:
They could cut out the end walls and hollow the interior and have a nice New England-style covered bridge!

There's probably no way they can repair the bridge without moving the house first. Otherwise, that would be such a cool idea! Especially if at least a few remnants of the intereior are left intact - kitchen sink, toilet, fireplace (of course, I doubt a mobile home has a fire place).

Come to think of it, did they ever find something to do with all those mobile homes FEMA bought after Katrina?

Physics news on Phys.org

Tsu said:
GASP!

NO!...REALLY?

Surely you're NOT going to let her do the dog!

:smile: :smile::smile:
:smile: tsu you crack me up, I wish that you'd post more often. You could win the funniest member award hands down!

BTW, the annual funniest member voting will be starting in the next couple of weeks.

Evo said:
She's offered to pay up to $200 a month. And take care of me. And all of my errands, do the shopping and the house cleaning, laundry, do my car maintenance, do the dog, etc...

So basically, I have nothing to do once I come home from work. She'll be my personal slave. Not too bad.
Perfect. Yea PF. You could really get some work done here now.

But I would miss you going out on Sunday mornings feeding the birds and squirrels during chat.

So I take it that the job situation is not a problem?

dlgoff said:
But I would miss you going out on Sunday mornings feeding the birds and squirrels during chat.
:cry: Me too.

So I take it that the job situation is not a problem?
Her idea is that if I lose my job that she can cut some classes and work more to make up the difference. :rolleyes:

My boss says that since I'm the top ranked employee in our branch that I don't have to worry. Yeah, right.
If I did lose my job, I could just move back into a one bedroom again, but it wouldn't be in the woods with a babbling brook. I'm in my dream location right now. I thought I'd live here until I was carted away. :frown:

OH DEAR GOD, THERE IS A FLY IN HERE AND IT WON'T DIE. I've been spraying the sucker with Raid flying insect instant kill, and it's still flying. I thought I had drowned it a minute ago, it was completely covered in poison foam. IT WON'T DIE.

Evo said:
OH DEAR GOD, THERE IS A FLY IN HERE AND IT WON'T DIE.

Think about it - if you will not move, you will have to deal with it for the rest of your live.

Interesting insects have become immune to raid already :)

martharon said:
I think this recession has created a issue of oneness and many people will know what is true love and affection.

That's what we think of our two bedroom for five!... usually... :biggrin:

:cry: Evo Child found a renter and they want to move in next week, and she said ok!

So we're taking a model we don't really want becuase the one we want won't be read until Feb 6th.

:frown: :frown: :frown:

I mean, it's not bad, but the other one was PERFECT. I had squirrel trees, no one behind us, just a hill, wilderness, bunnies. The one we're taking would have a greater appeal to *normal* people, a nice groomed and landscaped large area. Not a squirrel in sight. Just pristine recently planted trees and shrubs and people with lovely patio furniture. :cry:

I HATE IT. It also has less windows, and a weird curved driveway.

Does anyone want an old Evo to move in with them? You have to have wilderness, a creek and wild animals.

Where's my Prozac?

Oh yeah, I don't take Prozac. :frown:

Last edited:

bummer---

well...what's your new address? I can catch and send one of the squirrels around here.

rewebster said:
bummer---

well...what's your new address? I can catch and send one of the squirrels around here.
Can you send a pair that can mate?

Evo said:

well, yes, I CAN!

but, first...

do you have enough nuts around the place?

Evo said:

Evo what kind of things are you into :eek:

zomgwtf said:
You really don't want to know...

rewebster said:
do you have enough nuts around the place?
I'm nutty enough for a flock of squirrels. What do you call a bunch of squirrels?

Also, how many 22-23 year old men would be thrilled about moving in with their girlfriend's mother?

I feel so sorry for Evo Child's boyfriend, he's such a sweet guy. This has got to be the last thing he'd ever want.

But you cannot say no to her. She is so logical and so persuasive. And then she has those huge robin's egg blue almond shaped eyes with thick, long lashes, and that face she makes. Her friends all tell me it's not fair. They can't say no to her when she makes "the face".

Evo said:
I'm nutty enough for a flock of squirrels. What do you call a bunch of squirrels?

Also, how many 22-23 year old men would be thrilled about moving in with their girlfriend's mother?

I feel so sorry for Evo Child's boyfriend, he's such a sweet guy. This has got to be the last thing he'd ever want.

But you cannot say no to her. She is so logical and so persuasive. And then she has those huge robin's egg blue almond shaped eyes with thick, long lashes, and that face she makes. Her friends all tell me it's not fair. They can't say no to her when she makes "the face".

a bunch of squirrels? hmmm, an infestation or a squirrellot---

your daughter sounds cute---did she get it from her dad?

moving, and moving from a nice place to 'not a nicer place' are two diff things

rewebster said:
your daughter sounds cute---did she get it from her dad?
hmmmph.

mevy9.jpg

can you post the unphotoshopped version?

I can't imagine moving---I just can't---you've been there, for what 2-3 years already?

rewebster said:
can you post the unphotoshopped version?
The original looked purple due to the light, a friend made me look human, I posted both photos here, and everyone chose the human one. The purple one is on here.

Here you go

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5633&d=1132548752

Another
fmd2rv7.jpg

And another http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/4029/picture2684px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

so, which one do you think looks more like 'you' ?

are those all freckles? everywhere?

my friends used to call me when they were moving

(because I had either a truck or a van all the time)---helping someone move was a lot easier than my moves

Those are some lovely pictures of your daughter Evo. ;-)

There's lots of squirrels at my work here. One day I had one run right up to me and look up at me like "Hey bub, got any nuts?"
We only have fake streams though and the apartments are all really close together.

rewebster said:
so, which one do you think looks more like 'you' ?

are those all freckles? everywhere?
I don't have many freckles, probably uneveness on my chest from sun exposure.

Evo Child last summer
evochild1.jpg

Evo said:
Evo Child last summer

She doesn't look quite the same as she does in those other pictures. :-/

TheStatutoryApe said:
She doesn't look quite the same as she does in those other pictures. :-/
yeah, she looks 32 years younger. :-p

you got to find some guy to shack up with soon,evo, esp. if her boyfriend is moving in too. Men need that 'alone time' with their woman...

how soon do YOU have to move from your place now?

Last edited:

rewebster said:
you got to find some guy to shack up with soon,evo, esp. if her boyfriend is moving in too. Men need that 'alone time' with their woman...

how soon do YOU have to move from your place now?
Eh, no one wants me, I'm fine with that.

I'm going to keep my place for a few weeks so I can move out slowly.

oh, evo, probably every guy wants you--I don't think that's the problem

good--at least you're not going to be rushed to pack

Dang, it's going to be tough to move with all that snow on the ground :frown:...I hope you'll have lots of help!

lisab said:
Dang, it's going to be tough to move with all that snow on the ground :frown:...I hope you'll have lots of help!
Just the hired help. :frown:

hasn't there been (more than) a few sit coms with a couple and a parent living with them?

1) King of Queens
2)

I got to start thinking about a theme song for you and 'the kids'

hey, your daughter and her bf will be there to help you to pack and move

Last edited:

zomgwtf said:
Power tools, dangerous hand-tools, life-threatening situations in general. You know...

Evo said:
A Mafia.

Evo said:
Eh, no one wants me, I'm fine with that.

I'm going to keep my place for a few weeks so I can move out slowly.
Durn! I'm currently engaged (35 years next month) or I'd offer you a place to store your kit. Only 'cause you're nice, though. I ain't convinced you can hoe a row of corn or bake a pot o' beans. Just sayin'

there's always chipmunks

Proton Soup said:
there's always chipmunks
Here's one of my 'munks climbing me to see if I have seeds for her. Sweeties!

munkonleg.jpg