Moving: Pros & Cons of My Dream Place

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the woman is considering moving to save money, but her children want to move in with her to save money as well. She's looking at two apartments and one has a steep staircase and large window, while the other has a attached two car garage and kitchen. The problem is that she'll have to pay for the added rent and her children want the one with the bathtub.

Evo said:
My last stay ... was so bad, it made my BP skyrocket...

Uhmmm, given the readings you've been reporting, exactly where could it possibly skyrocket to? :eek:

I need a good report from you Evo so that my BP can go back down LOL.

Physics news on Phys.org

rolerbe said:
Uhmmm, given the readings you've been reporting, exactly where could it possibly skyrocket to? :eek:

Well, my great grandmother died with a BP of 300/xxx due to (SPOILER!) acute cerebral hemorrhage.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I just had a c___scopy. You know, where they take a camera (presumably with a flash) and stick it where the sun don't shine. A few quick snaps and they're done. They found a polyp, removed it, and sent it off to the FBI for investigation. I hope they waterboard the sucker. The doctor says that these are usually benign, but if it turns out otherwise then he just cured me of cancer. Apparently removing it solves the problem. I'll find out soon which it was. Anyway the clinic was a model of efficiency. They put something in my IV that made my eyelids very heavy. Just as I made my mind up to fight it, I was waking up. From the time I entered the door to when I exited was no more than two hours. Not enough time for that crazy nurse to cause any trouble.
Yes, if they get it in time, it is one of the cancers that is preventable. Hope the results turn out ok.

evo, have you talked to a doc yet about anti-anxiety meds ?

Proton Soup said:
evo, have you talked to a doc yet about anti-anxiety meds ?
I've already got some. :biggrin:

One of the reasons my BP is elevated is the pain I'm in, perhaps one too many falls down flights of stairs?

Evo said:
One of the reasons my BP is elevated is the pain I'm in, perhaps one too many falls down flights of stairs?

Maybe you should cut back on falling.

Evo said:
I've already got some. :biggrin:

ah, good to hear.

pain is a tough one. some types, like say from inflammation, can be alleviated with high dose fish oil to cut off prostaglandins at the pass, so to speak. probably not so much for stairalgia, tho.

Math Is Hard said:
Maybe you should cut back on falling.
I recommend she cut that out altogether. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
I recommend she cut that out altogether.

Cold turkey? That's tough love.

As promised, the finished shelves.

shelves.jpg

Now that's more like it. Nice job!

I think we have the same measuring bowl.

Evo said:
As promised, the finished shelves.

shelves.jpg
I've seen those shelves and yea, they are heavy. Since it's setting on carpet, are you going to put some coasters under the legs to keep them from cutting through?

I hope you have been to the doctors appointment and you can get a handle on the BP now.

dlgoff said:
I've seen those shelves and yea, they are heavy. Since it's setting on carpet, are you going to put some coasters under the legs to keep them from cutting through?

I hope you have been to the doctors appointment and you can get a handle on the BP now.
I wanted to put a heavy rubber down mat to cover the entire carpeted area in the closet. But coasters will be going down. The surrounding floor is tile, no idea why the closet is carpeted. :confused:

I went to the Dr and have my BP meds.

Evo said:
Yea. :smile: I wish you luck with the meds. I've been very worried like everyone else here.

The results were just some benign lymphoid tissue, not actually a polyp.

Evo said:
I wanted to put a heavy rubber down mat to cover the entire carpeted area in the closet. But coasters will be going down. The surrounding floor is tile, no idea why the closet is carpeted. :confused:
Tiled floor and carpeted closet? :rolleyes:

And?

Jimmy Snyder said:
Congrats and best wishes for continued good health!

Jimmy Snyder said:
Very good!

Jimmy Snyder said:

Yay!

Glad to hear everyone is doing better, let's all try and remain accident/illness free for a long time.

It's been almost three months and finally, today, I can see the floor and the couches. Now we need to hang curtains and pictures. And get a coffee table.

004xq.jpg

Evo said:
It's been almost three months and finally, today, I can see the floor and the couches. Now we need to hang curtains and pictures. And get a coffee table.

004xq.jpg
That sofa is screaming take a nap on me.

Likes gracy

Jimmy Snyder said:
That sofa is screaming take a nap on me.
Oh yeah, both of those are soooo comfortable, especially the one along the wall. No one stays awake on that one.

Very nice Evo.

I could see a zoobyshoe being on your wall.

dlgoff said:
Very nice Evo.

I hope you meant a "Zoobyshoe painting". Otherwise, it's a little scary.

Math Is Hard said:
... Otherwise, it's a little scary.
You'd have to ask Evo about that.

dlgoff said:
Very nice Evo.

ooh, I could see a zooby over my couch too! :biggrin:

Oh that's great, looks so comfy and cozy!

It does look warm and cozy.
Evo said:

004xq.jpg
What is our lamp doing in the corner of your living room?!

It needs several piles and shelves of textbooks in mathematics, physics, materials, engineering, and history. :biggrin:

None of the furniture in the house is mine, mine is either gone or in storage. The lamp was given to Evo child and I love it. Evo Child goes for making comfort nests. She is converting my bedroom into a nest. My bed is piled so high with pillows and stuffed comforters, the fruit bat needs a step stool to get on the bed now.

The bed she gave me is like a cloud. When I go to bed at night, I sink in. Reminds me of being at my grandmother's place up in the Alps. She'd come at night and tell me and my sister to get into whichever position we wanted for the rest of the night and then dump a 500 pound down comforter on us. You could not move once that thing was on you, even though my sister and I would try together to raise it, so we could turn over under it, and I was 18 at the time. Her place was a stone hunting lodge that belonged to one of the early Louis kings of France and there was no heat up where our room was.

Last edited:

Evo said:

004xq.jpg

Cozy :smile:

But if I understand correctly what I see it raises a question. Just carpet? I prefer to have something difficult to burn facing fireplace. Metal plate, or some ceramic tiles.

Wow, Marzena said she likes your fireplace more than our own.

Evo said:
None of the furniture in the house is mine, mine is either gone or in storage. The lamp was given to Evo child and I love it. Evo Child goes for making comfort nests. She is converting my bedroom into a nest. My bed is piled so high with pillows and stuffed comforters, the fruit bat needs a step stool to get on the bed now.

The bed she gave me is like a cloud. When I go to bed at night, I sink in. Reminds me of being at my grandmother's place up in the Alps. She'd come at night and tell me and my sister to get into whichever position we wanted for the rest of the night and then dump a 500 pound down comforter on us. You could not move once that thing was on you, even though my sister and I would try together to raise it, so we could turn over under it, and I was 18 at the time. Her place was a stone hunting lodge that belonged to one of the early Louis kings of France and there was no heat up where our room was.
Cool. Do you have pictures?

I might be moving again, back into my old place. Evo Child moved out and has an incredible new house, so I am all alone now. I don't even go into the other side of the apartment, the master bedroom, which was hers, faces the street and has too many windows, I use it as a sunroom for plants, her room does have the incredible master bath though, which is wasted since I use my bathroom attached to my bedroom. I still think of it as her bathroom.

I've gotten to love the layout for the living and dining room in this place, and they are much bigger than my old place and make more sense. The living room at my old place only had one solid wall which is the only place a couch can go, the opposite wall is a fireplace, and the wall on the side has a door to the backyard and a window, so there is no place to put a tv or stereo, it's crazy, which is why I never used the living room.

On the plus side, my kitchen at the old place is bigger and has more cabinets and the pation is larger and has the lovely stone arch around it.

If I get the price I want on my old unit, I'll save $300+ a month, which is the main reason I am thinking about moving, but I have to sign the papers in the next few days, and I only found out that my old unit is available yesterday. :cry: STRESS!

Of course both units are next door to each other, so it's still here on the RAVINE OF DOOM.

What do I do?

Hard to tell. Every single time I have moved, I have lost some items. One time I lost a hand-forged carbon steel Thiers Issard 6" chef's knife. That was a VERY sad day! Moving next door might not be so bad, but when my wife and I were first married, we moved from one rat-hole apartment to another so I could chase construction jobs.

Oh, and my BP meds were just changed, (referring to the BP posts earlier in this thread) seems the one I was on was found to cause cancer.