Moving: Pros & Cons of My Dream Place

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the woman is considering moving to save money, but her children want to move in with her to save money as well. She's looking at two apartments and one has a steep staircase and large window, while the other has a attached two car garage and kitchen. The problem is that she'll have to pay for the added rent and her children want the one with the bathtub.

Evo said:
We can have a race!
My money is on MIH. Evo will fall and injure herself before getting out of the gate.

Physics news on Phys.org

Evo said:
We can have a race!

A fabulous idea! Who or what will we be carting?

Math Is Hard said:
Chances are, you'd be carting Evo to the ER to get her patched up. Be sure to bring straps with ratchets to secure her to the dolly.

Math Is Hard said:
How about Astro & zooby?

turbo said:
Chances are, you'd be carting Evo to the ER to get her patched up. Be sure to bring straps with ratchets to secure her to the dolly.
Good idea!

Evo said:
How about Astro & zooby?

Good idea!
:bugeye: :rolleyes:

Better call "dibs" on MIH, Astro. It will improve your chances of surviving the race.

turbo said:
Better call "dibs" on MIH, Astro. It will improve your chances of surviving the race.

Good idea. Zoobies have pretty robust bone structures; he'll be fine.

I've started moving. :frown:

Evo said:
Hopefully, the task will be complete before winter sets in. Chin up.

Evo said:
It should go easier now that you've gotten rid of your 8 legged houseguest. :wink:
Good luck!

You should dress like football players do, that will reduce risk of injuries.

I can barely move. Something is wrong with my left heel.

i'd look for a knot in the calf or the muscles of the side and bottom of the foot.

Evo said:
I have plantar fascitis in my right foot. It feels like a stabbing pain in the heel when it's bad. I have some New Balance toning shoes with good internal support and a "rocker" sole that reduces heel-strike, and I wear those whenever I take Duke out for a long walk. They have helped a lot, and even if I have to spend a lot of time on my feet I don't get the pain that I used to. PF is a pain :devil: and it can crop up in people who have suddenly elevated their level of activity or recently gained weight. I'm pretty sure it is more prevalent in men, but it could be a possibility for you.

Good luck! I wish that I lived in driving distance and could help with the move.

Evo said:

You'll be settled in before you know it :smile:

micromass said:
You'll be settled in before you know it :smile:
And how much stuff will be hopelessly lost after the move? My wife and I lived in Spartan accommodations when we were in the first few years of our marriage, and we traveled as light as possible when we moved so I could chase construction jobs. Still, somehow, a lovely forged high-carbon steel 6" Thiers-Issard chef's knife came up missing at some point. That was my favorite kitchen knife of all time, and I had a hard time pulling $25 out of my pocket in the mid-70's to pay for that rascal, but it was well worth it. We were saving as much out of each of our checks as we could every week so that some day we would have enough money to make a down payment on our own place, but I couldn't resist that knife. It was on sale in a newly-opened cooking store for about 1/3 off and I had to have it. I should buy a replacement, but we cut and chop so many acidic vegetables these days that I opted for a SS model. Still, that carbon-steel forged blade would "sing" when you rubbed your thumb across the edge and it held an edge 'way better than SS.

There are papers that still haven't surfaced after our move here 6 years ago - some that can't be replicated. There are also small specialty tools, etc that have never emerged from all the packing boxes.

Evo said:

turbo said:
I have plantar fascitis in my right foot. It feels like a stabbing pain in the heel when it's bad. I have some New Balance toning shoes with good internal support and a "rocker" sole that reduces heel-strike, and I wear those whenever I take Duke out for a long walk. They have helped a lot, and even if I have to spend a lot of time on my feet I don't get the pain that I used to. PF is a pain :devil: and it can crop up in people who have suddenly elevated their level of activity or recently gained weight. I'm pretty sure it is more prevalent in men, but it could be a possibility for you.

Good luck! I wish that I lived in driving distance and could help with the move.
Evo, FYI Turbo,

Be careful for God's sake moving... Rhody sends moving angels o:) Evo's and MIH's o:) way, I had PF as well both heels one after the other 5 years apart. Podiatrist, numbed inside heel with liquid nitrogen, then, a liberal shot of cortisone (felt nothing the heel was fooled by the cold from the liquid nitrogen) and this took care of it, sore for about three days, then pain free. I am careful not to stress ankles without warm up.

I hope you have success with the ghost seeds. Some peppers are heading your way tomorrow. It would be cool to have a trimmed ghost monster of your very own to brag about wouldn't it ?

Rhody... o:)

turbo said:

It's more than a possibility. It's a reality. And yes, it came with weight gain. It doesn't necessarily go away with weight gain, however.

One of my docs suggested I follow a diet for those with gout, and I found instant relief, but only about 40%. "The rest," he said, "comes from loosing the weight and getting back into shape."

I didn't loose the weight, but when I began cycling, my PF disappeared. Don't know if it's related or not. Some folks might find cracking their own walnuts eases the symptoms. Who knows?

What I did makes sense to me. As it's basic fitness, not some pie in the sky cure, you might try it. Can it hurt? Don't think so.

Good luck! I wish that I lived in driving distance and could help with the move.[/QUOTE]

Evo said:

In different circumstances I would offer a kiss to sooth your pain, but with my marital status and being 5000 miles away I can only comfort you by saying - poor Evo :frown:

I massaged my heel last night pretty well, hoping that the pain would end the pain and I would wake up painless.

Nope.

Good lord. I have to dismantle my computer & tv set up, there are 50 kagillion cords.

Evo said:
You're moving and you can barely move. Not a good combination.

Evo said:
Jimmy Snyder said:
You're moving and you can barely move. Not a good combination.
Normally I chuckle at Jimmy's zingers, not this time. Do you have the help you need ?

Rhody... concerned...

I'm sorry if I seem callous.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I'm sorry if I seem callous.
Hey, is that a reference to my heels?

I wonder if I broke a bone when I had that serious fall last month? It does look a bit swollen. It's the back of my heel, just below the ankle.

Evo said:
I massaged my heel last night pretty well, hoping that the pain would end the pain and I would wake up painless.

Nope.

*Sends healing thoughts to Evo's heel*

micromass said:
*Sends healing thoughts to Evo's heel*
{{{hugs}}}}

The movers will be here this afternoon, they're moving the furniture and some heavy boxes.

Nice then you can settle in tonight already in a cosy place :smile:

Do check out a doctor for that heel :shy:

Evo,

Turbo is right see a doctor, you could have a bad bruise, chipped the bone or damaged the tendon(s) (i.e. sprain). If it is a chip you should be able to move the chip, however.

Rhody...

rhody;3531972I said:
If it is a chip you should be able to move the chip, however.

You just brought tears to my eyes.

dlgoff said:
You just brought tears to my eyes.
Ha, that makes me almost as bad as Jimmy, now, doesn't it ? My differential diagnosis is worth well, the price of the electrons it was typed on, not much. Heal quickly Evo... you know we care even if we poke you now and then.

Rhody... :blushing:

I am connected at the new place. The painter apprently thought it would be clever to fill the cable outlet with paint. I'm amazed that it's working after I scraped the paint out.

Movers are not here yet.

Evo said:
I am connected at the new place.
Whereever you go, there you are. Are you in Kansas anymore?

Jimmy Snyder said:
Whereever you go, there you are. Are you in Kansas anymore?
Yeah, I just moved next door. Still waiting for the movers.

Evo said:
Yeah, I just moved next door. Still waiting for the movers.
Do you have to be out of your old apartment today? Hopefully you'll have a place to sleep tonight. :rolleyes:

rhody said:
Evo,

Turbo is right see a doctor, you could have a bad bruise, chipped the bone or damaged the tendon(s) (i.e. sprain). If it is a chip you should be able to move the chip, however.

Rhody...

ugh. yeah, the bad news is that some achilles injuries can be very bad. the good news is that a lot of mild tendon inflammation is now being treated with a simple eccentric exercise regimen. but in the meantime, an epsom salt foot bath might reduce a bit of the inflammation.