Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
Hey Omega! It wasn't us ^^ The page wasn't quite.. er.. working!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh! I got it! Stains o_O... need sleep... work tomorrow...

Darn.. 43... *snore*

Anyone who's gotten further than 43?

Work will sooo not get done today ^^ Good morning everyone!

So, where was I... ah yes, stains anyone?

So I've tried the password... but we don't quite use it there.. but the source has some strange .dtd webbie that I can't make sense of so far

Silly me... used the obvious word and am on the next step of same puzzle.. confused as always ^^
Okay, looks like math.. and I'm very very bad at it... so I will most certainly need lots of help on this

Okay, it looks like some kinda coordinates? Still plodding on!

I got it! A lot of squinting involved but I'm moving on!

Well, I managed to get up to number 40 on my own, but now I'm quite thoroughly stuck. I browsed around on the internet and saw this forum, so I figured I'd see what you guys had to say on it.

Info with possible spoilers follows:

I initially did the obvious thing and searched for enlightenment, and tried various different philosophers and religious figures with no luck.

Looking back at it, I noticed something in the image I didn't before. I put the image into my image editor and adjusted the contrast, and the letters I, O, R, and what looks like part of either a Y, V, or W are visible. I ran a search for that, and then searched within pages under a search for enlightenment for those series of letters, but to no avail. I also couldn't find anything in the source that was helpful.

End of possible spoilers.

I'm thinking that either I'm overthinking this thing or that I'm really close to it but am missing something obvious. If anyone can leave me any hints that won't spoil the whole question, or just tell me if I'm on the right track at all, I'd be much obliged.

You're not over thinking, but you have the first letter wrong. Look closer and you'll find it's a different letter than what you posted.

Out of the letters you put up, three of them are right.

I can't believe I messed that one up. That changes everything and gives me a bunch of results. I have yet to find anything that works though, but I'll keep at it.

Well, hmm... I'll tell you that you're just missing the first two letters.

You gave two sets of letters and three letters are right, so hopefully I won't confuse you when I say that two letters from the first set are correct, and one of the letters from the last three you gave are correct o_O

So using <TORY> I managed to get a bunch of information, and I thought for sure I had it the first time, but trying it and many variations still didn't work. Am I missing a step?

ok..i mapped out a grid so i can map the coordinates and such...i connected the spots to their respectful groups...and 2 of them kinda make a letter but the other one just looks screwed..any ideas?

ffutahw said:
So using <TORY> I managed to get a bunch of information, and I thought for sure I had it the first time, but trying it and many variations still didn't work. Am I missing a step?

missing a letter

iggy_killer said:
missing a letter

He's right.. you're just missing the first letter. Think of words that end in the letters you just gave.

Iggy, I had to squint real hard to read it. But remember... you're looking at the word in the mirror... 'reflections'

On the puzzle afterwards, I see the connections save for one number... I think I have the hour, just not the minute

missing a page on 43... i got the main page and the coordinates but... no way of matching anything... any help?

Seraph, all you need are the coordinates and the mirror and you can use those two (I used paint to plot the stuff out)

MelodyKitn said:
Seraph, all you need are the coordinates and the mirror and you can use those two (I used paint to plot the stuff out)

Thanks
thats what I was missing... geez sometimes... :P

Wait.. I have the minute... not the hour for 44 >< Darnit!

seraphcode said:
Thanks
thats what I was missing... geez sometimes... :P

Yeah ^^ Believe me, I overlook the obvious a lot. I'm just glad I can finally be of some use.

I knew that I was missing something obvious. On 41 now >.<

Congrats ffutahw ^^ Keep it up!

>.> Then maybe you can help me on 44...

I think I see the pattern... and know the time... but.. how to put it in is vexing me

44 really looks tough...

Well, Seraph.. I believe I have the answer... or at least the pattern... but I can't, for the life of me, figure out what way to enter it (entering time can be done in different way.. numerically, using letters, what about hyphens... do I add o'clock? etc..etc..)

...this is sad..im still on 43..i put it on paint like u guys did..i rotated it so its the right way from the reflection..but i have no idea what it is..

Iggy, remember the way the coordinates were grouped?

Look at the coordinates and try and use it as if each group were a different letter.

(squint ^^ it helped for me)

Seraph, do you see the pattern?

i got the answer... but i can't figure out how to enter it either... for 44

Same here... there's way too many ways to enter time...

I'm off to lunch for about an hour. If you figure out the correct way Seraph, do let me know!

S'oki, so I'm back.. any leads? ^^

*curls up in front of the computer wondering where everyone is*

Well this is what I'm working with for 43. Am I close here? I'm not seeing anything useful on this. <http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j113/ffutahw/a6c4b87d.jpg[/color]>

Well, you got the middle one right *grins*

Okay.. how you connect the coordinates makes out some really blocky letters.

Try figure out what letters you can make from each group of coordinates

(in your case, the first set and the last set)

MelodyKitn said:
Well, you got the middle one right *grins*

Okay.. how you connect the coordinates makes out some really blocky letters.

Umm how do you make the text spiffy white so I can lend better insight? ^^

use the code [ color=#black ] before the text you want to hide and the code [ /color ] afterwards (remove spaces between [ and c, d and ], [ and /, and r and ])

any news on the format for 44... still haven't figure it out...

Seraph.. I have two different answers since I see two different patterns, but none of the way I enter them work... ><

*peeks around* Omeeeegaaa.. where are you?

Hmm, reworking it a bit...

<I'm seeing the first letter looking like a D or possible a lopsided O or A, the middle letter is an I I'm almost certain, and the last letter looks like it could be a K or G, or possibly a messed up E. of the possible combinations of these, I thought "die" and "dig" looked promising, but neither of those got me anywere.>

Am I still nowhere close? 41 and 42 were so easy...

Melody we think the hands go in a pattern and there must be a way to know both numbers but we too can't find the format... Hope to see omega back on soon :rolleyes:

Ffut.. you found the answer. Retry those words again, because one of them should work.

Seraph, I see two patterns, but on one of the patterns, the first hour hand doesn't make too much sense. On the second set of patterns, I can go row by row and then take the last clock and loop it up to the first so it's a repeating sequence.

But yeah, that format... the riddler needs to at least hint the way the time should be put in since there's so many ways to tell time and there's no clue as to which format is right...

Example (not the answer)

EightFifteen
Eight-Fifteen
08:15
8:15
20:15

*cry*