Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
Wow. I had overwritten the period before the htm when trying those. WTG Human Intelligence! on 44.

Physics news on Phys.org
I've only gotten to the "coordinates?" at nr 43.. and i need a hint.. cause I really don't get any of what has been written about that puzzle in this tread
:rolleyes:

Edit: Never mind.. I got it :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Hee-hee, wayta go Ffut and Zarii.. welcome to the suffering of number 44 along with me and Seraph ^^

*sits fiddling with numbers and formats*

#.# Oh my...

Good to get some new blood on this one.

xD

Okey..let's see now..

It's nice to be a part of the ongoing process... when I first was shown the riddle game, a good chunk was already decoded and it feels different being able to mingle with you all and be in the midst of the problem-solving ^^

Pleasure to 'meet' you, by the way!

I thought I was seeing a sequence at first, but the first two don't fit with it, and there are a couple places where its off. I'll have to keep looking.

MelodyKitn said:
Example (not the answer)

EightFifteen
Eight-Fifteen
08:15
8:15
20:15

*cry*

There has never been a "-" in any answer before, there has been "_" but then it has been obvious that it was supposed to be that way.
Using colon in filenames is not allowed by windows. It is almost obvious that a point (".") would not be a relevant thing to put in an answer. That narrows you down to two possible ways of writing the time =)

*Hugs Boxcutter*

Spiffy! Now me and Seraph can get cracking sumore!

*grabs Zarii and Ffut* C'mon you two!

*fumbles around with the hands*

I'm just not getting the first clock to quite fit in with the patterns I find in the other clocks... so I fudge up the last one...

Or... I'm just getting the wrong answer all together ^^

Anyone?

ok..im on 44 now...i can tell this second part is going to take a good month or so for me

Don't talk like that Iggy ^^ We'll conquer this clock together!

ugh i hate anything 2 do with clocks..i remember i did another riddle called zest and it had clocks on it and i hated it

there is so many ways u can work with these clocks...idk where 2 start

Last edited:
I'm not fond of clocks either @.@ but it's worth a shot.. pretty soon I'll be home and I can try using photoshop to dismantle these clocks.

(I need to see things in order for them to make sense in my silly head ^^)

I'm at a loss. The numbers I thought could be the answer aren't yielding me anything. Any luck on your end?

MelodyKitn said:
I'm just not getting the first clock to quite fit in with the patterns I find in the other clocks... so I fudge up the last one...
Me neither o_O

From clock two > three > four and so on.. I can find a pattern...

And I think I am almost positive what that minute hand is...

But fitting in the clock from one > two and getting the hour hand is what might be fudging me up...

I thought I saw a pattern with both hands from clock two on, but...
<It looks like, in a couple of places, the hands are off by one minute mark from the obvious pattern. It kind of skews things if you look at that. In addition, I'm thinking the pattern may lie in the total number of minutes passing from clock to clock, but I can't be certain. I'll have to look into that next.>

I thought of that too Ffut, because it does seem as if it's not on the number marks, so it can be misleading...

When you think it's four it may actually be three, etc.. etc...

@.@

Figured something out?

Well, I'm off work. If I didn't have this dang job to do I'd wager I'd have gotten a bit farther. I might work on it more over the weekend, but it is a holiday weekend so no guarantees. Good luck guys!

• #1,000
Aww.. my brain is full of numbers with no use... It feels like I've tried almost everything with these clocks now.. maybe I should go to sleep and try solving them again after the weekend..

• #1,001
I'll be back on sunday btw.. I'm going away..so good luck with the riddlesolving :) But don't leave me to far behind, aight? ;)

• #1,002
Well, got out of work early. Will settle down to this riddle for a bit before I go off and confuse my mind with other things ^^

• #1,003
Why can't the answer just be something easy like 11.20 or something my mind actually can figure out in the middle of the night without a meltdown.. xD

Well again, good luck to you kitn,ffut and the rest of you, maybe I can be of any help on sunday instead of now :)

Bye and goodnight

• #1,004
*comforts Zarii*

Well, that's why they're such grandiose adventures ^^

Good night and happy weekend Zarii

• #1,005
can anyone one give me a hint if u have one...i don't really see any patterns or anything and i can't wrap my brain around it

• #1,006
iggy_killer said:
can anyone one give me a hint if u have one...i don't really see any patterns or anything and i can't wrap my brain around it

Well, by just following the hands, like it says, and then finding the hour hand...I can get the time I "think" it is. However, if I have the right time, then my format is wrong...I have tried roman numerals as well...

I see so many ways to get to the "answer", but no luck on how to input this answer.

Last edited:
  • #1,007
I get answers, but none of them follow a definite pattern whenever I take the first clock into account...

@.@ So confused...

• #1,008
MelodyKitn said:
I get answers, but none of them follow a definite pattern whenever I take the first clock into account...

@.@ So confused...

If you "walk" along the hands, then you can get a definite minute hand. The hour hand can be deduced in many ways.
If I have the right answer, and can't move on because of the format...then grrr.
If I have the wrong answer, then that is alright, but how can I know? I don't want to waste time and have it end up being the format.

• #1,009
I've followed the minute hand pattern, persay... but yeah, because of the hour hand and the format... One or both are wrong and I'm not sure which o.o

• #1,010
MelodyKitn said:
I've followed the minute hand pattern, persay... but yeah, because of the hour hand and the format... One or both are wrong and I'm not sure which o.o

The thing about the hour hand is, I have tried every hour value with the minute value I got and nothing works. This leads me to believe that it may indeed be the format.

• #1,011
I did that too, when I first made the complaint about the format. That's where boxcutter mentioned that using '-'s '_'s ':'s or '.'s wasn't feasible, so that left either doing it numerically, or spelling it out, and both have proved ineffective.

• #1,012
MelodyKitn said:
I did that too, when I first made the complaint about the format. That's where boxcutter mentioned that using '-'s '_'s ':'s or '.'s wasn't feasible, so that left either doing it numerically, or spelling it out, and both have proved ineffective.

he said that there has been a "_" in the answer before though...

• #1,013
He also said there was obvious reasons why the '_' was used...

It doesn't seem to make sense to use '_' when telling time tho, does it?

@.o?

• #1,014
Between all the hour hands in each step the sequence is:

1 6 8 6 8 6 8 6 8 6 ?

and between all the minute hands in each step the sequence is:

6 5 6 8 6 8 6 8 6 8 ?

Something worth thinking about? Maybe?

Off topic: I'm going to Umeå in about 5 minutes, yeay, haha :)

• #1,015
Omfg I Got It!