Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
  • #1,576
The only part that really confuzzles me is whether or not I put the hints in relation to lovecraft or to the theme of the riddles.. dracula and whatnot...

If it's a jump from lovecraft to something else... that's some big jump ^^

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,577
Omega_6 said:
Yes, but did he mean think before we google...or just think and not google...:smile:

i guess he meant think and not google cos he knows we've had enough and more about lovecraft. and with what he said, it means we can find the answer by not googling for more.

• #1,578
...but I will continue in the hunt! *giggles*

• #1,579
pye said:
I think this is an incomplete riddle. Even with the new clue we don't know what is needed. We still have "it". What is "it"? We still have "their", who are they? We still have "he". All we know now is that "he" had three names.

Looking at the riddle itself all I can think of is that "it" could be the wall. The Wall is their creation? We still have the problem of "thier" implying more than one and the clue telling us about "he", a single person.

I think this is a bad riddle. I understand wanting to make harder riddles but this is only hard because none of the clues gives us a direction. Its still way too general.

It definitely seems to be a very broad riddle...but right now I don't feel that I'm in the position to complain. I mean, if I figure it out and realize that it was right in front of me all along, then I'm going to feel...like an idiot for saying anything.

The thing is though...I must have thought of the "thing" that would have given me the right answer, but I didn't pursue it because I was not sure of the validity of the idea. The clues for this riddle seem to be fairly ambiguous (at least, from the position I am in now), I am able to tie them into many different things.

However, I have faith that boxcutter didn't give us an impossible riddle, so...onwards. Anyways, I OWN this riddle. :smile:

Last edited:
  • #1,580
Still working on it are we?

• #1,581
AH! I see a new clue, awesome, let's see what we can do

• #1,582
Gregulator said:
Still working on it are we?

56...no. 62...yes. ::lies::

Last edited:
  • #1,583
Omega_6 said:
It definitely seems to be a very broad riddle...but right now I don't feel that I'm in the position to complain. I mean, if I figure it out and realize that it was right in front of me all along, then I'm going to feel...like an idiot for saying anything.

The thing is though...I must have thought of the "thing" that would have given me the right answer, but I didn't pursue it because I was not sure of the validity of the idea. The clues for this riddle seem to be fairly ambiguous (at least, from the position I am in now), I am able to tie them into many different things.

However, I have faith that boxcutter didn't give us an impossible riddle, so...onwards. Anyways, I OWN this riddle. :smile:

HAIL THEE! :smile: :smile: :smile:

im going. be back in 2 to 3 hours. by then i hope theee have gotten the key to this mindblowing riddle. o:)

• #1,584
It's Greg!

*pulls on the line and yanks him towards them*

Yep, a new clue but the same confused people *giggles*

• #1,585
62 o.o;

Yep.. he's a monster.

*swoon*

• #1,586
Omega_6 said:
56...no. 62...yes.

Haha, looks like I have some work to do then :biggrin:

• #1,587
haha xD

Hmm.. i can't let go of lovecraft, maybe I should

• #1,588
Zarii said:
haha xD

Hmm.. i can't let go of lovecraft, maybe I should
Who's Lovecraft? :wink:

• #1,589
iggy_killer said:
wait..wait..does that mean u got the answer...cuz it seems a little...unreal for me idky
The key to that statement is "lies."

You delete too slow...:wink:

• #1,590
>.> No fair.. that was sooo an edit

• #1,591
Omega_6 said:
The key to that statement is "lies."

You delete too slow...:wink:

haha yea..i saw that afterwards

• #1,592
MelodyKitn said:
>.> No fair.. that was sooo an edit

I wouldn't secretly solve this riddle and leave you guys behind like that...:rolleyes:

• #1,593
Omega_6 said:
I wouldn't secretly solve this riddle and leave you guys behind like that...:rolleyes:

Oh, then maybe this is where I let everyone know that I'm actually on 60, and have solved this riddle long ago...:-p

• #1,594
Gregulator said:
Oh, then maybe this is where I let everyone know that I'm actually on 60, and have solved this riddle long ago...:-p

Boxcutter would know...

Plus, you can't do that to me...:smile:

• #1,595
*tugs on Greg's line*

No no no, we're all tied together in misery and success!

*peers around curiously*

Besides... solving this alone hasn't been anywhere near half as fun and satisfying as commiserating with you all :blushing:

• #1,596
And to think, I actually had planned on having this solved before I went to the party tonight, haha, silly me.

• #1,597
MelodyKitn said:
*tugs on Greg's line*

No no no, we're all tied together in misery and success!

*peers around curiously*

Besides... solving this alone hasn't been anywhere near half as fun and satisfying as commiserating with you all :blushing:
I don't need anyone's pity...:-p

• #1,598
xD

Howard phillips thingy.. hmm.. still wondering about "their" and creation

• #1,599
o:)

Who said anything about pity? I'm in this for the company :-p

• #1,600
I just want this one to be the holy trinity...three names, creation, we had a riddle called the dark hallway that kind of referred to this.

• #1,601
Omega_6 said:
I just want this one to be the holy trinity...three names, creation, we had a riddle called the dark hallway that kind of referred to this.

..thats brilliant..ill look into it!

• #1,602
Omega_6 said:

haha, been there Omega, and none of my guesses worked... maybe I didn't try all of them...

• #1,603
Gregulator said:
haha, been there Omega, and none of my guesses worked... maybe I didn't try all of them...

I have tried this since the beginning...I don't think I missed any possible guesses here, but who knows. I just feel like it fits nicely, obviously you do as well.

• #1,604
Omega_6 said:
I have tried this since the beginning...I don't think I missed any possible guesses here, but who knows. I just feel like it fits nicely, obviously you do as well.
Yes, if only the "He" was placed elsewhere in the sentence, then we would know...

• #1,605
I thought that it was Satan, and that Dark was one of the names given... Prince of Darkness, Prince of Demons, Prince of Pain... that was a dead end too though.

• #1,606
Gregulator said:
I thought that it was Satan, and that Dark was one of the names given... Prince of Darkness, Prince of Demons, Prince of Pain... that was a dead end too though.
I think I've tried every possible synonym there is for satan...

• #1,607
I kinda worked with things related to the "demon" we encountered in the third hall a while ago. But nothing related to caesar nero works.

• #1,608
grim reaper and judas then?

• #1,609
Omega_6 said:
I kinda worked with things related to the "demon" we encountered in the third hall a while ago. But nothing related to caesar nero works.

He had three names... any of them work?

• #1,610
Zarii said:
grim reaper and judas then?

Tried grimreaper and such, but not judas.