Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
  • #2,346
Hmm...
*picks up computer and waves it around*

Shucks, I thoguht it might have been like the wii controller...

Seriously, though, if its like the old NES controller, then we use the "directional arrows" to move... maybe we are MOVING THE X from place to place accoridng to the compass?

Maybe I'm insane, as well.

Well, where does it get us?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,347
Zarii said:
I have to go to work in about 30 minutes (not that it feels that I'm contributing with something yet either, but still) >.<

I have to go camping for a week in 30 minutes...

• #2,348
Aw :-/ I thought I was getting somewhere. Came up with "inixappt" and at first thought I was on track to the word 'initiate.' Hmm...

• #2,349
Boxcutter said:
see the compass grid as a little nintendo controller.. if you see what i mean...

hmmm... i don't get the difference. what if its a jet I am driving?

edit: I am kinda seeing something...

• #2,350
FranklinDR said:
I have to go camping for a week in 30 minutes...
ouch >.<
Like camping?

• #2,351
i will be going out for a while so you're on your own. i have realized that this riddle may be a little too hard with so few clues so I will definitely think of a new clue to put in the riddle while I am out.
i'm not saying it's impossible to solve without further clues, I'm just saying that perhaps there are a bit too many possibilites to solve this riddles given only the clues that are given now.

• #2,352
Eff, I have about 15 minutes, what are the chances we can get it by then? :-p

Yeah, camping will be fun, its just no more riddle for a week. *sigh*

Well, good luck guys. Fill me in when I get back.

• #2,353
Small.. to be honest

• #2,354
We won't forget about you xD

• #2,355
Btw, speedy, what are you seeing?

• #2,356
still getting nowhere. I am confused again as to in which direction should i start and what # combination to use. but I am cutting it down to 2. either the 32243111 or the rule of 3 (for the nth time)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,357
Zarii said:
Btw, speedy, what are you seeing?

a new directional path but it was actually based on a ps2 controller and not nintendo. haha.

edit: not successful so far

• #2,358
SpeedyKupad said:
a new directional path but it was actually based on a ps2 controller and not nintendo. haha.

Actually, that little compass graphic I made vaguely resembles a controller D-Pad. I wonder...

• #2,359
Hmm- maybe try un-3ing it to get even smaller numbers? 0, -1, -1, 1, 0, -2, -2

0's are a problem, though, and it doesn't seem to incorperate the controller. With that, I think I have to leave, although I'll streach it out as long as possible. When I get back, I expect you guys to be nearly finished - erecting a statue in my honor, that is. Dont worry, I'll be back in time to pull you guys out of the fire. Hell, a few more riddles like 61 and I won't be more than a couple riddles behind! :-p

• #2,360
FranklinDR said:
Hmm- maybe try un-3ing it to get even smaller numbers? 0, -1, -1, 1, 0, -2, -2

0's are a problem, though, and it doesn't seem to incorperate the controller. With that, I think I have to leave, although I'll streach it out as long as possible. When I get back, I expect you guys to be nearly finished - erecting a statue in my honor, that is. Dont worry, I'll be back in time to pull you guys out of the fire. Hell, a few more riddles like 61 and I won't be more than a couple riddles behind! :-p

haha. bring a copy of the riddle on camp and see if you can solve it there. :wink: who knows, we could still be here in a week!

• #2,361
I have to go now too, se you in about 7-8 hours

Good luck with the riddle ya'll :)

• #2,362
Oh, I'm bringin my copy. I've become quite efficent at riddle printouts ever since they started getting tough, I've been carrying em around in my pocket whenever I'm out of the house. The printout for this one even has a nice litte guide for me on where each diagonal ends up if I exit the grid on a diagonal, although I hear I won't be needing that.

On a bright note, let's all celebrate for siblings that refuse to get up! It appears I can still be here until someone successfully drags my brother out of bed.

• #2,363
I tried a couple methods involving actually moving the entire grid, centered around the x, based off of that series, but stopped when something struck me.

Boxcutter said that once we got the proper method, the answer would be obvious and we wouldn't need to do any unscrambling. If the grid itself is what's actually moving around, we'd be able to eyeball an answer without shifting the grid around, I would think. Well, I've got some other stuff to try.

• #2,364
ffutahw said:
I tried a couple methods involving actually moving the entire grid, centered around the x, based off of that series, but stopped when something struck me.

Boxcutter said that once we got the proper method, the answer would be obvious and we wouldn't need to do any unscrambling. If the grid itself is what's actually moving around, we'd be able to eyeball an answer without shifting the grid around, I would think. Well, I've got some other stuff to try.

go do it. for a while i thought i was already getting close to the answer but now all my directions seem unreasonable. I am kinda back to word hunting again which isn't the right thing to do. :frown: :cry:

• #2,365
Zarii said:
I have to go now too, se you in about 7-8 hours

Good luck with the riddle ya'll :)

bye zarii! *waves*

i won't be here as well in a couple of hours. time surely ticks fast. by the time the new clue comes out, i'll be asleep. :cry: :cry:

• #2,366
Have a great day Zarii! And have fun at camp Franklin.

It's a slow day at work so maybe I can make some progress without completely losing my train of thought each time.

• #2,367
ffutahw said:
Have a great day Zarii! And have fun at camp Franklin.

It's a slow day at work so maybe I can make some progress without completely losing my train of thought each time.

go! go! go ffutahw! you can do it! I am sooo fatigued at the moment. too drained to find that path.

• #2,368
SpeedyKupad said:
go! go! go ffutahw! you can do it! I am sooo fatigued at the moment. too drained to find that path.

Take a nap Speedy, I'll hold down the fort :-p

• #2,369
what controller should i think of, the revolution controller or the "old school" controller which is formed like a cross? :-p :blushing: any suggestion?

• #2,370
SpeedyKupad said:
what controller should i think of, the revolution controller or the "old school" controller which is formed like a cross? :-p :blushing: any suggestion?

I'm guessing the old school controller; the small grid is cross shaped.

• #2,371
ffutahw said:
Take a nap Speedy, I'll hold down the fort :-p

i'm giving myself 1 more hour. but i have definitely slowed down and am practically doing nothing at the moment.

*stares at the now seemingly blurry screen*

• #2,372
any controller that would let you step either W, NW, N, NE, E, SE, S or SW at the press of a button.

• #2,373
Boxcutter said:
any controller that would let you step either W, NW, N, NE, E, SE, S or SW at the press of a button.

then i'd settle with my ps2. :biggrin:

you're back! any change in the source? :wink:

i don't want to be asleep whenthat comes out!

*mumbles* after all the work I've done...

• #2,374
brainstorming for a new wave of attempts...

• #2,375
Boxcutter said:

hmmm... something's telling me that i have the wrong set of numbers... :biggrin:

*sees another light of hope*

• #2,376
a small change in the source now, I'm not sure if it will help you, but it will help future riddlers. hehe i guess that doesn't make you very happy.. oh well, perhaps it could be of use

• #2,377
Boxcutter said:
a small change in the source now, I'm not sure if it will help you, but it will help future riddlers. hehe i guess that doesn't make you very happy.. oh well, perhaps it could be of use

It gave me a way to slightly adjust my 'controller' :wink:

• #2,378
Boxcutter said:

as i see it, it led me to: AIBMCAGR :frown:

• #2,379
ffutahw: have you read my pm? what do you think of that? true or false?

edit: i gave you the wrong pattern! look!

edit: nah, i did. sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,380
If you sent me a PM, I haven't received it yet.