Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
Physics news on Phys.org
I think we need the power of three to vanquish him :-p

Nero was the first antichrist BTW :smile: According to the number and his name any way. hehe, Christians then Catholics, anti christ every century :smile:

Also the Jews see his number as the second coming since the jews see 666 as a holy number not a satanic one? Anyway I digress, I've used all the names I can think of?

Last edited:
That is his number... Who is he? (If you got here from riddle 16, you're not on the right track..)

erm here we go. type 666 what is riddle 16 I can't remember?

riddle 16 was the map

This is all leading to Dracula so his name must be tied in, We're talking about Vlad Dracula maybe? Tried Vlad, to me all the clues about Vlad might be relevant? Alternative antichrists or am I just again reaching at straws?

it said nero was close and i can't find any names that seem close to nero, or any other people who were like him.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
This is all leading to Dracula so his name must be tied in, We're talking about Vlad Dracula maybe? Tried Vlad, to me all the clues about Vlad might be relevant? Alternative antichrists or am I just again reaching at straws?

Try <<[color="#black"]demon[/color]>>

Oops I left and I think I am behind :smile:

Last edited:
yeah 'sok I'm there just going off on tangents, Who created this, maybe he's the antichrist :smile: he's a bloody demon I know that much.:-p

Finally:

caesarnero

Wooo...good 'un !

I tried nothing.htm...didn't work...

man, i hate when were only off by something dumb like that... but moving on..

Bugger I just closed the last riddle by mistake and can't get back :frown: you got it, good on you

Found it:

Just remove the relic.htm part

The next clue is a 9.3MB rar file. Wow

i'm downloading the next zip... what could be inside. dun dun dun. the % virus free made me nervous though.

oh my goodness, well now i know why it says not to get lost.. that's a lot of folders to go through...

Oh well glad to be of help if at all, and it's time for bed. Nero, huh, yeah first antichrist. And as some believe the first demon of the times. Well good luck.
If anyone can tell me how to get back in tomorrow from point 19? I'd Apreciate it, cause I'm not doing all that again. :biggrin:

I'll use a little Unix magic to get rid of the verbose files and find the good file

Well, I used "grep -RL Nothing *" and got the following files:

101/202/,.txt
161/80/,.txt
66/6/,.txt

After opening the picture I'm guessing it has something to do with phi...

well, i went to folder 161, then folder 80 and the file there says /moveon

oooh, enter that but not htm

But there seems to be more...

After that use <<[color="#black"]deeper[/color]>>

then >> /free

then >> screamandrun.htm

oooooh hmm

We just did trial and error, but I see your point. We also kind of cheated by using the grep command to search the files instead of figuring out the folder from the image. O well, next riddle...

hmm...let the past inspire you...

yeah, what was the room of your darkest fears 666? ok, then the room of errors in half? that was the other line of folders...

Based on the library clue, I'm guessing that the triplets are the dewy decimal classification.

for this next one the "look for help in your local library" led me to the dewey decimal system. which is three digits, so that fits.. from there ...yeah, dduardo beat me...

how about the "it is trying to touch you... listen to it"

861 - Spanish poetry
289 - Other denominations & sects
412 - Etymology
117 - Structure
431 - German writing system & phonology
237 - Not assigned or no longer used
532 - Fluid mechanics Liquid mechanics
659 - Advertising & public relations
627 - Hydraulic engineering
959 - General history of Asia Southeast Asia
822 - English drama
479 - Other Italic languages
134 - Not assigned or no longer used
862 - Spanish drama
571 - Not assigned or no longer used
216 - Good & evil
321 - Systems of governments & states
798 - Equestrian sports & animal racing
587 - Pteridophyta (Vascular cryptograms)
699 - Not assigned or no longer used

The only one of remote interest is possibly 216

959 is history... ??