Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
Yeah, 900 – History and geography

This is from wikipedia

Physics news on Phys.org
i got the same things from a different site...
trying to connect the lines... let the past inspire? that's why i thought start with history.. i don't know how to listen to anything either..

If it is listen you usually append a .mp3 to the file. That's how it worked in previous cases.

yeah, but i don't know if it was literal this time.. just saying.

did everyone give up?

I didn't though I'm still on level 1.

hehe, well feel free to go back to page one of this thread if you need help. I'm pretty much stuck here all alone on 23

Gale said:
hehe, well feel free to go back to page one of this thread if you need help. I'm pretty much stuck here all alone on 23

Sorry, I have to make this webpage for my school and they need it real soon, and I am lacking on design ideas...

I'm back...with nothing...we need the other guys

yeah... my browser closed... i lost the page...

i just finished up some work, so I'm going to try again. anyone else still around to work on it?

I'm here, I'll try again...

Yeah I'm done...or close enough.:smile:

So what is the deal right now on this riddle:

I. We are fairly certain that the numbers represent the dewey decimal system.

II. The only number that has to do with history is 959.

III. That whatever it is, it is trying to touch me...

What is the purpose of the connecting lines...its not adding up yet.

289 is the only number that doesn't have another link...in the dewey decimal system, that's "Other Denominations and sects"

yomamma said:
289 is the only number that doesn't have another link...in the dewey decimal system, that's "Other Denominations and sects"

Yeah, I tried messing around with that but nothing worked either...but it is definitely something to note...

same, i was trying to add and subtract things to no avail. i wonder if this is really all the hints we get or if we're missing something like we were in the first hall.

Probably, but I don't think it is refreshing because I have refreshed the page at least ten times...:redface:

Maybe the "past" they are referring to is a past riddle...

Last edited:
i was thinking that too. before my browser closed i was looking through old riddles, but i didn't see anything similar. i can't go back and check now though. only other time i remember seeing three digit numbers was the map

Where's boxcutter, he probably knows the answer

i'm feeling pretty stuck here... I'm not even sure what I'm looking for..

i want to give up on the numbers cause they seem to go nowhere, but i doubt they'd be there for no reason.

It is trying to touch you...listen to it.

This is the clue that we are leaving unaccounted for...does anyone even have an idea what this could mean?

i was thinking it meant the past, but i really have no idea. i can't figure out what all the lines mean. some sort of path? i don't know what to do with it.

I thought the lines led to dub categories in the dewey system...

yomamma said:
I thought the lines led to dub categories in the dewey system...
i don't think that really makes sense. the system uses decimal places and it doesn't usually have that many after the decimal. and sides, you don't know where to start ever. and sometimes it forks off.

i think i give up.

Gale said:
i think i give up.

The Doina is a Southeastern European musical tune style, having its roots in the music of Romanian (Vlachs) shepherds.

It can be found in Romanian music, as well as in the Klezmer music and the Roma/Gypsy music. The Doina's main characteristic is its beatless, often improvised slow melody that generally can't be danced to.

The very origin of the word "doina" is unknown and it is spread throughout Romania and Moldova.

Doina is also the title of one of the most important poems by Mihai Eminescu, probably the best-known and most influential Romanian poet. In it, he speaks of a Greater Romania stretching "from the Dniester to the Tisza", naming the two rivers which in traditional Romanian thought have always been considered respectively the nation's Eastern and Western borders.

Don't give up...

P.S. This is probably useless information but I am becoming desperate...

I'll wait for someone else to come back...

i don't know omega. you're awful determined. i just can't connect the dots on this one. i feel like I'm trying to read this guys mind instead of solving logical clues.

Well I'm done for now, good luck

same for me. hopefully when i wake up tomorrow you guys will have figured this out so i can move on to the next stuff.

At work so can't linger; had a quick look, type help into the url and also those numbers are all convertable to musical notes except the last 3 if you link them? And past is obviously referring to a way that you add up the numbers to get a date or a year. All I could think of quickly, can't use the help thing won't run at work?? Must go tea break over, might be of some use? Will look again later.

Ek! Did the guy update the puzzle? Now the text says:

"So many numbers. In Bodley Mansion you needed the map. Now you need help..."

It doesn't mention the library anymore!

dduardo said:
Ek! Did the guy update the puzzle? Now the text says:

"So many numbers. In Bodley Mansion you needed the map. Now you need help..."

It doesn't mention the library anymore!

Yeah, it did change...it went from being impossible to easy. But I'll say more when I get home...since I'm at school.:-p

yeah, that's funny that he changed it. but at least we can move on. i don't know what he wanted before, i tried typing in library, and locallibrary, i even tried hint.. not help though. he also changed the source code.

anyway, so i typed in >help and got a program that gives letters for 3 digit numbers. it gives different letters everytime though, (when you do the same number twice, it changes) except for R, A and T. but its not rat, and its not tar nor art. i even tried rodere which is rat in latin... soo..

Last edited: