Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
  • #2,031
For number 58, I'm still missing the first and sixth letters; if I can get just one more letter I'm certain I can get it. those questions are so ambiguous though...

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,032
ffutahw,
How many years of bad luck do you get when you brake something that gives you a reflection of yourself?

• #2,033
zarii: can you perceive this as a board game? the big one being the board and the small one being the dice. i can't quite get to what i want to do. :confused: :confused:

• #2,034
That's seems very random to me

• #2,035
hmm... tougher than I thought. I must have one of these wrong.

• #2,036
Speedy me leaving right now.. I've PMed you something.. check and let me know what u think.. quick

• #2,037
But if we put in the litte grind into the big one where the star are on x.. and then move by it.. maybe

• #2,038
Anyone who can make a word out of ?

ASANIAPS

or

ASANAPS

• #2,039
Boxcutter said:
i noticed in the logs that someone had tried to get to the Gridimage and forgot the "THE"..

LOL Do you see in your logs all of our wrong tries? You probably :smile: when you read them!

Btw, that "DarnYouBoxcutter.htm" wasn't mine! :biggrin:

• #2,040
Just wanted to bounce the ones I have for 58 off of you guys, let me know if any of these are flat out wrong...

<
1) his reflection was shattered...
7: With Zariis assistance, seven years of bad luck for breaking a mirror

2) count the winds...
4: The four winds, north, south, east, west.

3) the wounds of our savior...
5: The wrists, the ankles, and the side.
Note: Trying 6 and 7 here as well to see if the crown of thorns and the whipping of the back are included. Generally is considered 5.

4) Optsprezece
18- Romanian for eighteen, simple.

5) It is perfect and the smallest of its kind...
1- going with 1 here, don't know what else it would be.6) If you throw me away, this burden will be lifted.
Not a damned clue.

7) misfortune.
13- thirteen is an/the unlucky number.
>

Am I flat out wrong on any of these?

• #2,041
Zarii said:
about getting to the squares of hell -.- the answer is right under your face.. it's darn obvious once you think of it

Why am I always missing the obvious ones? :mad:

• #2,042
number 2 is wrong..and so is number 5(use google at that one)
number 3 is 5 so don't use six or seven.

• #2,043
Hey all, just putting up my first post. I have normally been working with Seraphcode and ravenxi, but I have no idea where they ran off to. Anyway I am a little behind and playing catchup any PM's to help me along would be great

• #2,044
Kaya said:
Why am I always missing the obvious ones? :mad:
You're just overthinking them :P

• #2,045
Zarii said:
You're just overthinking them :P

You're right. :smile:

That x thing is only for the second part of the riddle, isn't it? Or is it also useful for getting all that letter stuff you are talking about?

• #2,046
boxcutter: is someone even close to cracking lvl 61 from what you see in the logs?

• #2,047
Kaya said:
You're right. :smile:

That x thing is only for the second part of the riddle, isn't it? Or is it also useful for getting all that letter stuff you are talking about?
Second part.. but let's just think about it..If the source code says "This is the first image" what image are you then searching for to move along?

• #2,048
SpeedyKupad said:
boxcutter: is someone even close to cracking lvl 61 from what you see in the logs?
He's just laughing at us, don't you think? :)

• #2,049
Zarii said:
He's just laughing at us, don't you think? :)

i betcha! :devil: :devil: let's give him a message then... :devil: :biggrin:

• #2,050
SpeedyKupad said:
i betcha! :devil: :devil: let's give him a message then... :devil: :biggrin:
Yeah xD let's do that

• #2,051
I propose a strike. Our demands are casual fridays and a pinball machine for the break room.

• #2,052
Sounds good to me *Evillaugh*

• #2,053
zarii: what have you got so far? anything logical and realistic going there? from my concepts, i get these: RTYBNSOE, DSUSIACI, IBMCAGKA, and many other hilarious combinations which i don't dare log. :smile:

• #2,054
ffutahw said:
I propose a strike. Our demands are casual fridays and a pinball machine for the break room.

are you in 61 now?

• #2,055
SpeedyKupad said:
zarii: what have you got so far? anything logical and realistic going there? from my concepts, i get these: RTYBNSOE, DSUSIACI, IBMCAGKA, and many other hilarious combinations which i don't dare log. :smile:
Haha, same here xD

• #2,056
*Taking a break in an attempt to clear her brain*

• #2,057
you people don't have to worry so much. first of all i only see the logs by IPnumber and I would never know who is who. second: thirteen thousand people have tried this game so far, I'm not sure how many are still playing but at least that is how many unique hits i have had on the first riddle. whatever the number of people playing right now is, i get lots and lots and lots of guesses in the logs and there is no way i can keep track of it all, besides i only check the logs every now and then to see how people are doing.

SpeedyKupad said:

i haven't checked the logs but if i look at your posts on this forum none of the words and combinations you have come up with have been particularily close. perhaps the way you obtained those letters were close to what the "actual" way is, but unless you do it completely correct, you will not get the right word. however IF you do it correctly, you will have no doubt that that is the right way, since you will get a very straight forward, understandable word...

• #2,058
I feel doomed...

• #2,059
zarii dear we have hope. o:)

• #2,060
I'm not quite to 61. I'm on 59 and I'm trying to find the map I used before :-p

• #2,061
SpeedyKupad said:
zarii dear we have hope. o:)
But how do we get that correct word? :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,062
((I'm off to work, I will log in from there and try to start up again))

*stirs underneath her wings, dreaming*

• #2,063
x is where we should start. but how do you do that from its position? the little grid should be the guide. can the star be a disguised x? possibly. I am still certain that there are 8 letters, the 4th&5th is a double.

we need to think scientifically...:rolleyes:

unfortunately, I am going to bed in 30 mins. o:)

• #2,064
Morning kitn :P

• #2,065
SpeedyKupad said:
x is where we should start. but how do you do that from its position? the little grid should be the guide. can the star be a disguised x? possibly. I am still certain that there are 8 letters, the 4th&5th is a double.

we need to think scientifically...:rolleyes:

unfortunately, I am going to bed in 30 mins. o:)
I've gotten that far, but no further.. feels horrible :P
seriously..I can't get a meaningfull word at all