Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #6,091
An engineering feat! who's that in the background?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #6,092
yomamma said:
An engineering feat! who's that in the background?
That's my older daughter, that's how old this picture is.

• #6,093
yomamma said:
An engineering feat!
Indeed! She's putting quite a strain on that black thing. (What fort? :confused: )

• #6,094
Danger said:
Indeed! She's putting quite a strain on that black thing. (What fort? :confused: )
I need to try for a better resolution, look behind me, there's a fort wall being built.

• #6,095
╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖╖
╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜╜
^
Evo's fort

• #6,096
Right. One first does a sketching before etching. It really doesn't matter though, or if these are even any good, since it is just a ploy to get you to our clinic. Heheh. :devil:
Artman said:
Nope, but I shed my skin, Evo has to be sheared (could be just a sheep suit, but she's fun to shear non-the-less), SOS bites the head off of mates and...
Just because I said "bite me" does not mean I bite.
Moonbear said:
Darn it! I knew I shouldn't have trusted SOS when she said the ticket sales were all for butt pinching!
Oh but we made large profits for that. Now we have money to buy a new supply of umbrellas for the Tiki Bar. :biggrin: Oooo, I hope she's not mad anymore.

• #6,097
SOS2008 said:
Oh but we made large profits for that. Now we have money to buy a new supply of umbrellas for the Tiki Bar. :biggrin: Oooo, I hope she's not mad anymore.
:rolleyes: Well, okay. But next time you can just tell me what the tickets are being sold for, as long as it's for a good cause. :biggrin:

• #6,098
Evo said:
I need to try for a better resolution, look behind me, there's a fort wall being built.
Actually, I saw it the first time. I just couldn't be bothered looking at it when the foreground was so much more fascinating. Did that thing still work when you stood up?

• #6,099
Danger said:
Actually, I saw it the first time. I just couldn't be bothered looking at it when the foreground was so much more fascinating. Did that thing still work when you stood up?
It's a bandeau, and you won't see the pictures of me standing. In this shot, I'm hunched over and you can't see anything.

• #6,100
Evo said:
It's a bandeau, and you won't see the pictures of me standing.
Aww, come on. There's nobody here but us perverts.

Evo said:
In this shot, I'm hunched over and you can't see anything.
I can see enough to tell that you're stretching the poor thing within an inch of its life.
I thought that was the name for it, but when I looked it up in the dictionary to be sure it said that it means a headband.

• #6,101
It didn't leave strap marks.

• #6,102
Evo said:
It's a bandeau, and you won't see the pictures of me standing. In this shot, I'm hunched over and you can't see anything.
:rolleyes: You should've known you couldn't put a picture of you in an outfit like that up here without comments from the peanut gallery. I'm guessing that was a picture taken sometime in the 80s, in that time when everyone had perms? I'm assuming the straight hair in your more current photos is what's natural for you, unless you get it straightened now.

• #6,103
Moonbear said:
:rolleyes: You should've known you couldn't put a picture of you in an outfit like that up here without comments from the peanut gallery. I'm guessing that was a picture taken sometime in the 80s, in that time when everyone had perms? I'm assuming the straight hair in your more current photos is what's natural for you, unless you get it straightened now.
It's early 90's maybe 92-93. My hair is naturally wavy, so the humidity made it curly/frizzy. I blow dry my hair and it looks straight.

• #6,104
Did you notice how much Tsu and I look alike in that picture? Remember her beach picture from Hawaii?

• #6,105
Evo said:
It's early 90's maybe 92-93. My hair is naturally wavy, so the humidity made it curly/frizzy. I blow dry my hair and it looks straight.
It didn't look frizzy at all, just windblown, which is to be expected on the beach. Hmm, I just assumed that straight was your natural hair texture...it suits you well. I guess that means you've chosen a good style to suit your features. :smile: I do understand the effects of humidity on wavy hair though. I guess mine would be more curly if it wasn't so long that it weighted down the curls. I made the mistake in Jr. High of having the front cut into some bangs, and it just curled up and looked hideous...the other kids made fun of me for it, though looking back, they must have liked me more than I thought they did, because they could have been much more cruel about it...I'd have made fun of me with that haircut! I never trusted a hairdresser again! :cry:

• #6,106
Evo said:
Did you notice how much Tsu and I look alike in that picture? Remember her beach picture from Hawaii?
It didn't occur to me the first time, but you're right! If you had blonde hair, the two of you could have been twins!

• #6,107
Moonbear said:
It didn't look frizzy at all, just windblown, which is to be expected on the beach. Hmm, I just assumed that straight was your natural hair texture...it suits you well. I guess that means you've chosen a good style to suit your features. :smile: I do understand the effects of humidity on wavy hair though. I guess mine would be more curly if it wasn't so long that it weighted down the curls. I made the mistake in Jr. High of having the front cut into some bangs, and it just curled up and looked hideous...the other kids made fun of me for it, though looking back, they must have liked me more than I thought they did, because they could have been much more cruel about it...I'd have made fun of me with that haircut! I never trusted a hairdresser again! :cry:
I know what you're talking about!

Funny thing is that until my teens, my hair was as straight as a board, my mom was always giving me perms and they would go limp. Now it gets frizzy whenever there is any humidity. I HATE MY HAIR!

• #6,108
Moonbear said:
It didn't occur to me the first time, but you're right! If you had blonde hair, the two of you could have been twins!
Blonde? She's brunette.

• #6,109
Evo said:
Blonde? She's brunette.
I thought she looked blonde in the picture she posted of her on the beach in Hawaii. I guess it's the same issue as when tribdog thought I was a redhead. :smile:

• #6,110
Evo said:
I know what you're talking about!

Funny thing is that until my teens, my hair was as straight as a board, my mom was always giving me perms and they would go limp. Now it gets frizzy whenever there is any humidity. I HATE MY HAIR!
I don't know anyone who doesn't hate their hair! I get a lot of compliments on my hair, but what people don't realize is that they only get to see me wear it down on those rare days when the humidity is just right so it isn't either sticking up from static or frizzed from too much humidity. It only took me 30-some years to find the right combination of goopy stuff to put in my hair to make it behave on the occassions when I really need it to look nice. I hate goopy stuff in my hair, so prefer to just stick it in a pony tail and not bother (like in my picture in the Disney thread...that's what I look like at the end of most days...hair in pony tail, all the shorter hairs that don't make it into the elastic thingy sticking out all over the place, and no make-up...I know I've just destroyed all those images the guys around here have of me).

• #6,111
Ooooouch. Can I get relationship advice here? Please? Ooooooow. Or if I can't, then I'll talk about my hair. I had my hair cut today but it looks exactly the same as it did before it got cut. I hate my stupid hair.

• #6,112
icvotria said:
Ooooouch. Can I get relationship advice here? Please? Ooooooow. Or if I can't, then I'll talk about my hair. I had my hair cut today but it looks exactly the same as it did before it got cut. I hate my stupid hair.
Relationship advice? We do that all the time here. So tell SOS all about it. *Get's a beverage and settles into a comfortable chair*

• #6,113
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree-ee
Merry merry king of the bush is he-ee

• #6,114
Moonbear said:
tribdog thought I was a redhead. :smile:
So did I. :confused: In all of your pictures here, it shows as sort of pale orange/copper.

• #6,115
Moonbear said:
I thought she looked blonde in the picture she posted of her on the beach in Hawaii.
The yellow flowers her avatar was wearing made her look blonde. :approve:

• #6,116
SOS2008 said:
Relationship advice? We do that all the time here. So tell SOS all about it. *Get's a beverage and settles into a comfortable chair*
Well, it's like this. Last year, I broke up with my boyfriend cos I was going traveling and I felt bad for making him 'wait for me' so I broke up with him. But I really wish I hadn't cos even though I don't believe in love, I think I'm in love with him. I'm so not the kind of person that pines over someone, and I'm very happy to think that if we're right for each other then I can wait till we're both ready for that kind of relationship, but every time he 'talks' to another girl it kills me. Oooooouch, and it hurts.

• #6,117
Danger said:
So did I. :confused: In all of your pictures here, it shows as sort of pale orange/copper.
How about in the one I just posted in the Disney thread? I realize now the others all make me look like I have red hair. I don't know why. I suspect it's either the lighting in my house or my camera (I'm currently blaming the camera as an excuse to buy myself a new one. :biggrin:) I'm blonde...sort of a dark blonde most of the year, but when I get any decent amount of sunlight, it turns much lighter.

• #6,118
icvotria said:
Well, it's like this. Last year, I broke up with my boyfriend cos I was going traveling and I felt bad for making him 'wait for me' so I broke up with him. But I really wish I hadn't cos even though I don't believe in love, I think I'm in love with him. I'm so not the kind of person that pines over someone, and I'm very happy to think that if we're right for each other then I can wait till we're both ready for that kind of relationship, but every time he 'talks' to another girl it kills me. Oooooouch, and it hurts.

Sometimes absence does make the heart grow fonder. If you still feel so strongly about him even after being apart for a while, tell him and get him back...quick! Sometimes it isn't until you break up that you realize how much someone really means to you.

• #6,119
Moonbear said:
Sometimes absence does make the heart grow fonder. If you still feel so strongly about him even after being apart for a while, tell him and get him back...quick! Sometimes it isn't until you break up that you realize how much someone really means to you.
Good advice!

Jealousy also involves pride, ego, etc., but usually you don't feel it if you don't have legitimate feelings for someone. So you are back now? I agree--Is there any reason you can't try being together again? I don't know your age or his, but relationship skills are important to have, and you can't get these skills unless you engage in relationships of some meaning/length.

• #6,120
People! Seek enlightenment before it is too late!

• #6,121
Tell him... I can't! I'm a moron and I'm scared. Hmmmm... I should though, cos I'm pretty sure I don't ever want to see anyone else and he's lovely so if he didn't feel the same way, he'd be nice and forget about it and act as though I never said anything. I'll tell him tomorrow. Maybe.

• #6,122
icvotria, seek enlightenment!

• #6,123
I'm enlightened but thanks for the concern.

• #6,124
I just realized that as I read these posts I assign voices to people. You all sound differently. I wonder what I sound like.

• #6,125
Evo said:
The yellow flowers her avatar was wearing made her look blonde. :approve:
Here's a pic of Moonbear's avatar after trying to kill the thread:

http://img286.echo.cx/img286/2744/catnap6vg.jpg

Poor thing is so over worked it's too tired to eat. We must kill the thread!

Back