Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
OmCheeto said:
Meanwhile, in India:
Too cute!

Borek said:
Yessss!

http://urc.marssociety.org/home/urc-news/polishteamsdominateurc2013
Poland a far ahead winner of first and second place!

Physics news on Phys.org
Borek said:
Yessss!

http://urc.marssociety.org/home/urc-news/polishteamsdominateurc2013

Hey cool! And my alma mater came in third. :approve:

Finally finished wavering between wanting to lose an organ and not. Cannot wait to get my gallbladder out Friday.

I think that I need to get a dog whistle for Mr. Barky who moved in two months ago. Every time he gets put outside, he yaps non-stop like he's got an extreme case of separation anxiety. Thankfully it doesn't usually last more than 10 minutes.

dkotschessaa said:
Finally finished wavering between wanting to lose an organ and not. Cannot wait to get my gallbladder out Friday.
I hope it helps. I have almost had my gallbladder removed twice. Almost meaning I was in the hospital with surgery scheduled the next morning. I had been in the hospital a couple of days, having been admitted through the ER, they were waiting for me to stabilize (they thought I might die during the operation, my vital signs were that bad), when suddenly the night before surgery I went from clinging to life to being completely normal, in a matter of hours. The doctors were completely confused. I told them it wasn't the first time. They just couldn't get over it. They canceled the surgery and kept me another day for observation. Other than a bad attack during my second pregnancy, haven't had another severe attack in 24 years. But I avoid greasy food like my life depends on it.

Evo said:
I hope it helps. I have almost had my gallbladder removed twice. Almost meaning I was in the hospital with surgery scheduled the next morning. I had been in the hospital a couple of days, having been admitted through the ER, they were waiting for me to stabilize (they thought I might die during the operation, my vital signs were that bad), when suddenly the night before surgery I went from clinging to life to being completely normal, in a matter of hours. The doctors were completely confused. I told them it wasn't the first time. They just couldn't get over it. They canceled the surgery and kept me another day for observation. Other than a bad attack during my second pregnancy, haven't had another severe attack in 24 years. But I avoid greasy food like my life depends on it.

It was Jesus.

AnTiFreeze3 said:
It was Jesus.
:-p

WannabeNewton said:
Why isn't John Bonham's birthday a worldwide holiday? He was the greatest drummer to ever walk the Earth. Cruel world T_T!

RIP Bonzo

I'm watching "The F Word" with Gordon Ramsay, it's excellent. But there are only 27 episodes and I only have 7 left to go. :cry: I've learned a lot of great tips and I don't want it to end.

Evo said:
I'm watching "The F Word" with Gordon Ramsay, it's excellent. But there are only 27 episodes and I only have 7 left to go. :cry: I've learned a lot of great tips and I don't want it to end.
Never heard of it. Good tips from a show called "The F Word"?

zoobyshoe said:
Never heard of it. Good tips from a show called "The F Word"?

You had better ******' believe it.

antifreeze3 said:
you had better ******' believe it.

Shut Your Asterisking Mouth or I'll wash it out with soap!

Evo said:

Isn't he the Hells Kitchen guy?

Evo said:

Wow. I'd love for something like that to happen, but I've had this for about 5 years now. I thought I might just live with it, since it's not painful per se. I call it "my alien" because it's just kind of like a thing sticking out of my abdomen like it wants to escape. But it's annoying and I think it's caused other issues that i hope go away later.

dkotschessaa said:
Wow. I'd love for something like that to happen, but I've had this for about 5 years now. I thought I might just live with it, since it's not painful per se. I call it "my alien" because it's just kind of like a thing sticking out of my abdomen like it wants to escape. But it's annoying and I think it's caused other issues that i hope go away later.

My mom had hers out a few years ago -- it was done laparoscopically which made recovery much easier. I hope yours is done that way!

Borg said:
I think that I need to get a dog whistle for Mr. Barky who moved in two months ago. Every time he gets put outside, he yaps non-stop like he's got an extreme case of separation anxiety. Thankfully it doesn't usually last more than 10 minutes.

Mr Barky, lol...

lisab said:
My mom had hers out a few years ago -- it was done laparoscopically which made recovery much easier. I hope yours is done that way!

That's the plan. I was even going to try for http://healthpointmedicalgroup.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/site.content/mode/dtl/type/59846/post/65531.cfm but it was 6 weeks just to get a consult. Rather have it done sooner.

DiracPool said:
RIP Bonzo
Bonham was the best! Jimmy Page was quite a slacker on time-signatures, and without a solid rhythm section, he would have been lost, IMO. JPJ was quite a steal, too. Mandolin is quite an effective rhythm instrument, though it was never before (to my knowledge) used that way in hard rock before.

:smile:
Title: What to do when everything else fails.

10. Subtract infinity
9. Add heavy fermions
8. Set all fermion masses to zero
7. Invent another symmetry
6. Throw it on the lattice
5. Blame it to the Planck scale
4. Recall the success of the Standard Model
3. Invoke the Anthropic Principle
2. Wave hands a lot, speak with a strong accent
1. Manipulate the data

(from Extrema ratio: manipulate the data)

DiracPool said:
Isn't he the Hells Kitchen guy?
Yes, In this show he trained his Kids to raise animals for slaughter. :cry: All in all, it was a very funny show.

Evo said:
Yes, In this show he trained his Kids to raise animals for slaughter. :cry: All in all, it was a very funny show.
When I was a kid we raise one pig and one sheep for eating. I didn't mind eating the pig so much, but the sheep was traumatic.

I just had to change the batteries in my mouse.

I love the rainy season in Florida. Bring it!

I just had to change a hose in my truck because it sprung a leak and AnTiFreeze was coming out all over the place! Under the hood looked like a Vulcan ER.

zoobyshoe said:
I just had to change a hose in my truck because it sprung a leak and AnTiFreeze was coming out all over the place! Under the hood looked like a Vulcan ER.

Well, I wasn't planning on coming out until I was comfortable with the decision, but I guess the secret's out.

AnTiFreeze3 said:
Well, I wasn't planning on coming out until I was comfortable with the decision, but I guess the secret's out.
Well, I hope the next PF'er who comes out does not do it under the hood of my truck.

My truck rolled off the assembly line in 1989 and I believe the hose I replaced was an original part. That's pretty good. The replacement hose was only $11.98 and it should last till the year 2037. I'm not especially confident I, myself, will last till the year 2037. I might be outlived by a cheap piece of rubber.

In the meantime, I have three jugs of used AnTiFreeze I don't know what to do with.

zoobyshoe said:
... In the meantime, I have three jugs of used AnTiFreeze I don't know what to do with.

Jugs of AnTiFreeze x 3 belong in the trash.

AnTiFreeze3 said:
Jugs of AnTiFreeze x 3 belong in the trash.

Many of the liquids and chemicals that go into your car are very hazardous for the environment, and you have to be extremely careful when it comes time to dispose of them. Antifreeze is one such substance. The engine coolant that can serve different purposes in your vehicle. It keeps the system from freezing in the winter months, and it can keep if from boiling in the summer, so that your car doesn’t overheat. The antifreeze also contains chemicals that reduce corrosion and scale formation in your radiator and engine.
http://recyclesandiego.org/recycling-item/antifreeze/

You, sir, will have to be taken to a hazardous disposal center when you die.

Of all the dead, bisexual, Zoroastrian rock stars, Freddie Mercury is my favorite.

Likes 1 person
lisab said:
Of all the dead, bisexual, Zoroastrian rock stars, Freddie Mercury is my favorite.

He will, he will rock you!

lisab said:

Odd. I think I owned every Queen album ever produced, but I seldom listen to them now.

hmm...

Ahem...

I'm not really into astrology, but today has been the most excellent day in many a blue moon.

Do we have any Pagans who can interpret my chart, and tell me why I was distraught about having nearly zero food in the house, requiring me to go to the pizza parlor, which resulted in me standing next to a young Ukrainian man, and whilst waiting for our mutual pizzas, we laughed with his two adorable blond 6 year oldish daughters, about how I could speak a few words of Russian?

Oh. And his name was Andre. I told him that was my best friends name at PF, which of course, meant nothing to him.

But I don't care, as my pizza is now ready to eat.

Thank you Char limit, wherever you may be.

P.M. pizza RULES!

:smile:

Gallbladder is out. I got to take my hot nurse home with me and she is taking good care of me.

dkotschessaa said:
Gallbladder is out. I got to take my hot nurse home with me and she is taking good care of me.
Get well soon!.